DAI works at the cutting edge of international development, combining technical excellence, professional project management, and exceptional customer service to solve our clients’ most complex problems. Since 1970, DAI has worked in 150 developing and transition countries, providing comprehensive development solutions in areas including crisis mitigation and stability operations, democratic governance and public sector management, agriculture and agribusiness, private sector development and financial services, economics and trade, HIV/AIDS, avian influenza control, water and natural resources management, and energy and climate change. Clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and host-country governments.
The purpose of USAID’s Youth Economic Empowerment Activity is to use positive youth development approaches to empower rural Tanzanian youth and educate them on viable business options for rural economies, highlighting the income-generating potential across agricultural and other rural value chains and facilitating access to information, skills, and opportunities to ensure successful business start-ups and sustained employment.
The IT Officer is responsible for oversight of IT needs including system installations, maintenance, support and technical advice to client. IT Specialist is responsible for ensuring that DAI established standards set by the DAI home office are followed and that proprietary project solutions are efficient and cost effective. IT Officer oversees the development of manuals for network and workstation support when needed, recruits and supervises Network Support Assistant and/or relationships with outside System Support Company. The IT Officer reports to the Finance and Administration
• Local network maintenance and installation (cabling, switches and NIC configuration TCP/IP, NAT, TCP/IP printing, windows network and domain services on TCP/IP);
• WAN connectivity and maintenance (internet connection and services, and devices configuration and maintenance);
• Server and server application maintenance and installation (Hardware integration, Windows 2008 server installation and maintenance, LAN and WAN connectivity, Lotus Domino and messaging system, FTP services, Kaspersky Antivirus Business Security installation and maintenance);
• Client computer hardware and application installation, configuration and maintenance (Laptops, Desktops, MS Windows XP Pro or Windows 7 Pro, MS Office Suite, Lotus Notes and other mail clients, Kaspersky AV);
• User support;
• Managing and supervision of part time/full time Network Support Assistant and/or support provided by local companies;
• Responsible for all of the above mentioned tasks in Project’s field offices;
• Regular communication with the Home Office OIMT IT Operations team regarding network, system hardware and software changes/issues/updates and user registration, updates and termination;
• Provide assistance in procurement and evaluation of all technical equipment (including phones, copiers, etc.);
• Administer IP PBX extensions;
• Maintain IP PBX hardware and Phones;
• Communicate with OIMT IT Operations team regarding implementation of special features on the system;
• Assist local office managers in properly inventorying IT equipment;
• Advise in procurement process.
• At least three years of experience in the field of information technology
• Demonstrated experience with administration and maintenance of computers, servers, and software, in addition to HelpDesk troubleshooting for an office of at least 15–20 permanent staff
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Bachelor’s degree preferred; IT certifications a plus
Apply For This Job
Interested and qualified candidates should send their resume in English by e-mail to [email protected] no later than January 28, 2018. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. More information about DAI can be found on the DAI website. CLICK HERE!