IT Professional / Country Security Focal Point (CSFP) at GIZ Tanzania June/July 2018
IT Professional / Country Security Focal Point (CSFP)
NAFASI ZA KAZI/AJIRADuty station: Dar es Salaam Terms of the
Contract: Fixed term contract
As an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations, the federally owned Deutsche Gesellschaft Kir Internationale Zusammenarbeil (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its development-policy objectives.
GIZ is looking to fill the position of IT Professional! Country Security Focal Point (CSFP) at GM Office Dar es Salaam.
NEW TANZANIAN JOBS OPPORUNITIES (1000+ POSTS)
The IT Professional / CSFP is responsible for
• the Security and Risk Management System of GIZ Tanzania
• as lead focal point he/she coordinates all processes related to security management and
• develops and maintains GIZ's Minimum Security Standards
• ensures that IT systems operate and function correctly and comply with GIZ IT standards
• provides technical support to users of IT hard- and software
1. Security and Risk Management System
The IT Professional I CSFP
• Assists and advises the Country Director in implementing the country-specific security risk management strategy
• Ensures the implementation of companywide security requirements
• Coordinates and steers the work of the Country Security and Risk Management team
• Maintains and coordinates a security network within the country
• Acts as a central contact person in any cases of emergency with GIZ staff involvement
• Submits reports (e.g. incident reports, monitoring reports) to the County Director and GIZ headquarters
• Implements and / or assists in conducting a country specific-risk assessment
• Develops and updates practical guides for duty stations in Tanzania (area brief/blue print)
• Ensures the cooperation with relevant units in GIZ's headquarters (Security Unit, Medical Services, Crisis Unit) and the GIZ security hub in Kenya
• Orientates new personnel joining GIZ Tanzania in terms of Security and Risk Management
• Advises GITs focal points of the regions and projects.
• Organizes trainings with external experts on specific security issues for GIZ staff
• Collects security related information from all new staff and updates the crisis list and Emergency Phone accordingly
• Informs and updates the GIZ Management In Tanzania about security related incidents on a regular basis
2. IT System
The IT Professional I CSFP
• ensures the availability of up-to-date hardware (laptops. servers, all PCs) In accordance with current GIZ standards
• deals with maintenance of PCs, notebooks, printers, digital cameras, scanners and other hardware
• discusses possible new purchases of or improvements to hardware and networks with the administrative manager, based on the requirements and recommendations outlined in GIZ's IT guidelines
• implements, maintains and configures all standard GIZ software (e.g. APS, AMS, MS Office. WinPACCS. SAP)
• tests new or upgraded software and updates all the software to the latest versions
• provides and maintains backup programmes to ensure system availability
• regularly updates antivirus software
• is responsible for the availability of the LAN, installs any updates and ensures routine, professional maintenance of the necessary hardware. installs and maintains the LAN
Required qualifications, competences and experience
• BSc/MSc in IT or similar formal qualification
• High interpersonal communication skills, especially during sensitive critical Incidents
• High organizational talent and analytical understanding
• Ability to work independently and making proactive decisions Outstanding working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office). ideally familiarity with IT hardware and software used al GIZ, IT network systems, database software. GIZ intranet and basic understanding of specific GIZ software (SAP, APS, AMS, PACCS, etc.)
• At least 3 years' professional experience in a comparable position
• Good knowledge of English and Kiswahili, ideally a knowledge of German
• Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed — corresponding measures are agreed with management
Interested candidates should send their letter of application together with the CV and copies of academic certificates by email to [email protected]
Please use the subject line "IT Professional / CSFP".
Applications in hard copy will not be accepted.
Closing date for submission: 08.07.2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
GIZ Tanzania is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from all qualified and eligible candidates regardless of their gender, origin, religion/belief, disability or any other minority group.
Source: The Guardian 29 June 2018