NAFASI ZA KAZI/AJIRA JHPIEGO
Jhpiego is an international non-profit health organization affiliated with the Johns Hopkins University. For 42 years now, Jhpiego has empowered front-line health workers by designing and implementing effective, low-cost, hands-on solutions to strengthen the delivery of health care services for women and their families. By putting evidence-based health innovations into everyday practice, Jhpiego works to break down barriers to high-quality health care for the world's most vulnerable populations.Jhpiego is implementing a number of projects in Tanzania and wishes to recruit the following positions:
1. Position: Regional Program Manager- [1 position based in Kagera] Position Overview:
The Regional Program Manager will be responsible for leading regional operations and oversee implementation in all districts targeted by the Project in the Kagera region. S/he will work closely with Regional and District Ministry of Health (MOH) counterparts to set district priorities, and will provide leadership and management support to regional-level project staff and ensure they are working in a coordinated, rational and integrated way in the pursuit of Project deliverables. The Regional Program Manager will also coordinate with the USAID Boresha Afya Project technical team to tailor assistance based on regional needs and will engage other sectors at the regional/district level. The person selected for this position will actively participate in regional RMNCH policy and strategy discussions including planning and progress reviews with other stakeholders, as appropriate.
TANZANIAN NEW EMPLOYMENT OPPORUNITIES (800+ POSTS)
• Advanced degree in social sciences, public health, healthcare management or other relevant field. At least 7 years demonstrated experience implementing and managing health programs
• Experience in managing a large office and professional staff
• Proven leadership in team building, and demonstrated ability to achieve results
• Extensive knowledge of the local health systems
• Previous experience and understanding of USG funded programs • Demonstrated experience in one or more of the following areas: Maternal and Newborn Health, Child Health, Family Planning, and/or Malaria
• Demonstrated ability to develop working relationships with local government, key stakeholders and other agencies
• Demonstrated experience in writing program performance reports, as well as documentation of program results
• Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills in English and Kiswahili
• Ability to travel up to 30%
2. Position: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer- (1 position based in Mwanza)
The MS E Officer will monitor progress toward PMP targets in assigned geographic and technical areas and assist in routine data collection, analysis and use. Conduct M&E capacity-building as part of clinical trainings and during site visits to provide mentoring on data analysis and use. Provide support to technical teams for MCH, malaria, and FP to ensure data quality and timely reporting for project performance. Participate in assessments and communication of project results at regional, district/council, facility, and community levels. Support use of health management information system to collect RM2NCAH data. Support regional, council, and facility levels in data collection, analysis, and use.
• A Bachelor's Degree in Statistics, Health or a related field
• Five (5) years of work experience in monitoring and evaluation of health related projects and/or HMIS work
• Experience working with MOH information systems and personnel is an added benefit
• Excellent analytical, oral and report- writing skills
• Be self-motivated, proactive and have a positive attitude to work requiring minimum supervision
• Adequate experience in writing reports, and developing concepts.
• Computer literacy, particularly in the use of MS Office
• Good analytical, communication and report writing skills.
• Demonstrated ability to manage project activities, set priorities, and plans for the successful implementation of programs.
• Good interpersonal skills and team work
• Extensive knowledge of the health programs in the region
• Extensive knowledge of MOH core function and systems
• Excellent understanding of training systems including experience with facilitation of training
• Strong background in and knowledge of reproductive health and family planning, supervision and quality improvement systems. Knowledge of HIV/AIDS and RH/FP including integration of programs in Tanzania,
Jhpiego offers a competitive package selected candidates in line with salary history, academic qualifications and relevant experience. To apply please indicate the position title of the position you are applying for on the subject line of your a-mail Applications should also include an up-to-date CV with three contactable processional references a cover letter and your salary history. Applications, which do NOT include ALL of these elements, will NOT be considered.
All applications should be sent through email: [email protected] Electronics applications are encouraged. The subject on your application email should be the Title of the position you are applying for, so that we do not miss your application. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The closing date for applications is Friday 15 June 2018, at 5:00 P.M.
Caution to the applicants:
There have been some bogus adverts online that require candidates to apply through some email addresses of public domains e.g. Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc. Kindly note: [email protected] is the ONLY address to use when you send your application for the above positions. Please ignore any of those adverts. We also do not charge any application fee nor entertain any meetings or telephone calls. If shortlisted, you will get an official call from our office and receive required steps. If you suspect any wrong - doing kindly write to the Director of Human Resource through [email protected]
Source: The Guardian June 04, 2018