Head of Corporate & Investment Banking Job at National Bank of Commerce (NBC) | Deadline: 24th July, 2018Job Purpose:
- Set the strategy and lead the execution of all required Corporate and Investment Banking activities in NBC in alignment with Group wide Strategic objectives
- Leverage expertise across the Group to deliver a seamless banking experience in Tanzania
- The leader of the business and an integral member of the NBC Country Management Committee and the Group Corporate Investment Banking team
Main accountabilities and approximate time split
- Provide Strategie and integrative leadership to the Corporate and Investment Banking, ensuring the development and delivery of integrated and scalable.
- Develop and direct the delivery of Corporate and Investment Banking strategy in support of the C|B African strategy
- Contribute and deliver to the improvement of the risk profile by delivering improved governance, risk management, Controls and compliance requirements.
- Ensure control every day in the Corporate & Investment Banking function Understand, own and bring to life the NBC mission, brand and strategy.
- Develop strategy/policy and ensure the achievement of Corporate & Investment Banking Strategie Priorities.
- Have aggregate P & L accountability for the Corporate & Investment Banking function. Act as Senior Relationship Executive for a select number of Large Corporates, Global Corporates, Financial and Non-Bank Financial Institution
- Generate proposals to increase the value of the Corporate & Investment Banking portfolio. Develop and agree Stretching targets to
- maximise performance of the NBC Corporate & Investment franchise
- Manage and oversee resource allocation to drive NBC’s short term and long term plan Generating, evaluating and making recommendations for the growth of the business to Africa Heads of Corporate Banking Coverage
- Develop and lead the Strategie direction of Corporate& Investment banking franchise ensuring alignment to customer demand, and create competitor advantage.
- Lead the Corporate Banking franchise to a global Standard, attracting world dass talent, drive performance and consequence management
- using reward practices to incentivise outstanding performers Resource, develop and maintain a motivated high performing team committed to achieving success through each other Agree challenging performance and development objectives for al direct reports, in conjunction with Regional Coverage and Product Heads,
- providing regulär feedback/coaching to ensure their maximum potential is achieved. Champion the cultural change needed to reinforce consistent operational rigour disciplines and ways of working.
- Create sense of urgency and excitement around the Vision and values and ensure individuals actions, processes and practices are aligned.
NEW TANZANIAN JOBS OPPORUNITIES (1000+ POSTS)
Technical Skills/ Competencies
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Communication/influencing skills
- Stakeholder/customer relationship management
- Strang selling and negotiation skills
- Excellent diagnostic skills and rigorous approach to problem solving
- Excellent comprehension skils to understand and interpret industry data and economic trends
- Strong credit risk analysis skil
- Team creation and co-ordination skills to mobilise and manage product specialists
- Strong Leadership and team-working skills at senior executive level
- Ability to think creatively and identify innovative Solutions
Knowledge, Expertise and Experience
- Deep understanding of business disciplines
- Substantial senior management/executive experience in Wholesale Banking in a multinational banking environment
- Detailed understanding of the external economic, political, legal and regulatory environment
- Experience of working in a multinational, muki-segment, environment with matrix reporting. Awareness of cultural differences arid varying legal/regulatory environments.
- Banking and Financial Services industry related knowledge
- Experience at an executive level within a cross-border Africa role, preferably in an international financial Institution
NBC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
How to Apply
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s, copies of certificates, 2 referees and their contacts to;
Human ResourcingPlease send all applications before 24th July, 2018
Human Resource Department
National Bank of Commerce (NBC)
If you are not contacted by NBC within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful.