Pipeline Construction Engineer Job Opportunity at SGS - EACOP Project Tanzania | Deadline: 19th July, 2018OVERVIEW
- The EACOP project includes a 1445km 24in oil export pipeline, 8 above ground facilities, a green field marine terminal with an export jetty and a series of main line block valves and trace heating stations. 150km for feeder lines from Upstream facilities will tie-in to the EACOP project. The Pipeline project will be the largest privately led with Government participation transnational infrastructure project ever undertaken in East African region. The project overall tonnage is estimated at 500,000t of material and equipment;
- Behind the numerous technical (the longest electrically heat traced pipeline in the world), environmental and social chalenges faced by the project, Government of Uganda and Government of Tanzania agreed to develop EACOP project in a fast track mode. The project is aiming at a Ready for Start-up (RFSU) schedule not later than 36 months after FID;
- The context is complex with numerous stakeholders, environmental and societal / local content stakes, three partners, two involved countries new to oil development (Uganda and Tanzania), and the need for project development in accordance with IFC standards to secure the necessary financing;
- In the current context of low oil price, the project needs to be developed with low CAPEX & OPEX to support the development economics and enable FID while maintaining the technical quality of the installations, with high H3SE requirements and focus.
- Provide primary interface between in country (Tanzania/Uganda) PPT organizations and EPcm PPT organization for all pipeline construction matters;
- Support EACOP Pipeline Package Manager for all construction related matters during EPcm design phase and EPC contracts call for tender process;
- Coordinate in Uganda and Tanzania all pipeline construction related matters prior to epC contractor’s mobilization;
- Integrate pipeline construction supervisory team upon EPC contractor’s mobilization
NEW TANZANIAN JOBS OPPORUNITIES (1000+ POSTS)
- To coordinate with PPT EPcm team for all construction matters in Tanzania & Uganda before construction contacts award;
- To support constructability studies with in-country insights;
- To support all regulatory, statutory and permitting in relation with construction matters;
- To support land-acquisition process;
- To provide support for and construction input into site surveys (ESIA, geotechnical, geophysical etc…);
- To participate in epC contractor’s qualification audit;
- To participate in construction processes qualification (e.g. field joint coating, bending);
- To review construction document as issued by EPcm contractors then field engineering by epC;
- To review consistency and completeness of CFT Design Dossier for construction packages;
- To provide input to planning with regards to pipeline construction activities;
- To provide necessary input into PPT procedures in relation with pipeline constructions activities (PEP, HSE, QA/QC, E&S);
- Review and give comments on project specifications and procedures that relate to construction;
- To incorporate PPT construction management team upon EPcm contractor mobilization in Tanzania & Uganda;
- To support construction activities site supervision;
- To support H3SE system implementation with focus on pipeline construction risks;
- To adopt and demonstrate exemplary behavior with regard H3SE and H3SE rules implementation
- To adopt and demonstrate exemplary behavior with regard to Ethics and project ‘code of conduct” policy To participate in meetings with partners, authorities and other stakeholders as required.
DURATION AND NATURE OF CONTRACT
- Starting date: August 2018
- Duration: 36 Months Contract
- Renewable: Yes
- Location (country/site): Tanzania
- Status (residential’rotational): Residential -Ifrotational, Rhythm(2*2/4*4):
- Deadline: 19th July, 2018
Degree: Engineering – MSc Degree;
- Proven experience minimum 15 years in Oil &Gas Industry with similar large scale projects & complex environment;
- Previous pipeline construction experience within a large multi-national and multicultural Projects;
- Experience may include African projects with strong social and environmental requirements;
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural business environment
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- English as mother tongue or Fluent in English (speaking and writing).
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should send their application letters attaching copies of CV to the below address so as to reach us on or before two weeks from the date of this advert.
The Human Resources Manager,OR Email: [email protected]
SGS Tanzania Superintendence Company Limited,
P.O. Box 2249,
Dar Es Salaam.
Source: The Guardian July 05, 2018.