Job Description: We are looking for an administrative assistant who will be a joining the Operations Team here at Country Office in Dar Es Salaam, responsible for managing the Dar Es Salaam office and ensure that daily operations of the office run smoothly
- Managing the reception of the location office i.e. phones, incoming mails and outgoing mails, records management of each.
- Management of Office Administration, including Office Running; Logistics; Security, Information Management.
- Ensure all services in the offices are available (water, utility, generator, internet, phone, etc.) and that all office furniture and equipment are functioning and maintained
- Ensuring offices remain stocked with office supplies and kitchen consumables. Stock controls and monitoring
- Oversee the maintenance, repair, and cleanliness of the office, ensuring that any needed maintenance is dealt with.
NEW TANZANIAN JOBS OPPORUNITIES (900+ POSTS)
- Coordinate all local travels from the location
- Manage all SNV cars which are at the location
- Ensuring staff travels are well planned with the required resources
- Together with drivers ensure that fleet is in place, serviced and maintained.
- Management of specific task employee especially drivers are in compliance with our Motor Vehicle policy
- Ensuring all assets are well managed, secured and maintained at the location office
- Assets that need to be disposed are disposed as per policy
- Assets that are new are registered into the system by finance
- Asset are registered and coded
- Liaising with Operations Manager on location Security.
- Serving as security focal point for staff and consultants
- Ensure functional Health and Safety committee in place at the location and maintain first aid kits
- Ensuring the all records for day to day administrative work are in place and are filed properly.
- All the files are coded well and put in a safe place
- Develop a record register for all files in the archive rooms.
- All projects documents will be submitted to admin office who will ensure that the records are in place.
- Disposal of records must follow the internal policy on records disposal with the right approvals.
- Proven ability in steering operations in a fast-paced environment along with people management;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style;
- Experience of working in a multi-cultural environment,
- Excellent written and spoken English and Swahili
University degree in Social sciences or Diploma of the same or related field
Minimum 5 years working as in administration preferably for an NGO
Terms of Appointment
This is a full-time national position with the successful candidate being contracted on a one-year basis with the possibility of renewal. Salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience and includes a competitive secondary benefit package.
submit your Cover Letter, CV and Salary History on or before 27th August 2018 if you wish to be considered for this position. All information will be in the strictest confidence. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted