Beware of Job Scammers!
Please Never Pay Money To Get A Job!
Beware of Job Scammers!
Please Never Pay Money To Get A Job!
Advisor Quality Assurance / Improvement Job DSM at Management Sciences for Health (MSH) | August, 2018Overview
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is seeking a dynamic, results-focused professional for the position of Quality Assurance/Improvement (QA/QI) Advisor for the Technical Support Services Project (TSSP), a President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)-funded project in Tanzania. The goal of the project is to provide technical assistance to the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly, and Children (MOHCDGEC) and to Public Health Institutions (PHIs) in Tanzania, including the National AIDS Control Program (NACP), the Zanzibar Integrated HIV, TB, and Leprosy Program (ZIHTLP), and the National Institute for Medical Research (NIMR) to lead and manage the country’s HIV response and build sustainable health systems.
The QA/QI Advisor will provide technical assistance (TA) to the MOHCDGEC and to prioritized PHIs to institutionalize QA/QI standards and processes through coordination and implementation of the Star Rating quality assessment and improvement program in health facilities delivering HIV services. The QA/QI Advisor will also support the development/adaptation and application of QA/QI data management systems to track the implementation of health facility quality improvement (QI) plans and other HIV/AIDS service quality improvement activities in PHI programs.
NEW TANZANIAN JOBS OPPORUNITIES (900+ POSTS)
- Under the guidance of the TSSP Chief of Party and the MOHCDGEC QA/QI Director, and in close collaboration with CDC, the TSSP QA/QI Advisor will deliver integrated TA to the MOHCDGEC and PHIs to:
- Develop a system for monitoring and evaluating the implementation of the health facility QI plan (QIP) and ensure that it is linked to appropriate national data management systems, such as the District Health Information System (DHIS2)
- Contribute to the development of a common platform for QA/QI efforts across different health interventions, including but not limited to HIV/AIDS, TB and Leprosy, maternal health, neonatal and child health, and malaria programs
- Support the adoption of systems using data for QA/QI and monitoring HIV services outcomes of health facilities by MOHCDGEC and PHIs
- Strengthen the MOHCDGEC’s capacity to include implementation science (operational research) of QI activities and to use data for management and decision-making in QA/QI
- Support the MOHCDGEC Quality Improvement Directorate in institutionalizing the Star Rating quality assessment and improvement system nationwide, with a focus on the sites offering HIV services
- Provide TA to develop generic and automated QIPs linked to Star Rating assessment results
- Develop cross-cutting QI training programs and materials in coordination with stakeholders to help ensure compliance with the “Stepwise Certification Towards Accreditation-SWACA” quality standards
- Assist with the organization and facilitation of national workshops and other activities to review and update QI standards and policies, trainings, training materials, tools, and the implementation of QI/QA activities, including updating norms and standards
- Develop QI tools and instruction guides to improve monitoring, standards of care, and quality of HIV/AIDS care practice
- Provide technical expertise and support to develop a pathway towards accreditation
- Participate in technical working groups (quality management) and other information sharing/technical forums
- Provide technical advice and expertise to the Directorate of QI in project related areas that require assistance
- Perform other duties appropriate to the position as assigned by the TSSP Chief of Party or his/her designate
Qualifications and Experience
Advanced degree in medicine, pharmacy, public health, social science, or other relevant area; clinical background
Minimum of 5 years of experience providing TA to government agencies in developing and strengthening QA/QI in Tanzania, including assessment of HIV/AIDS care practices at health facilities, development of QI plans, and QI capacity building programs
Knowledge and Skills
- Experience developing or implementing QI data management systems
- Knowledge of the Tanzanian health system and structures for the provision of HIV services
- Knowledge of the Tanzania Star Rating Big Results Now (BRN) QI standards and the health facility accreditation framework
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communications, as well as teamwork and partnering abilities
- Demonstrated computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite applications, including Word, Excel, and Access
- Fluency in English and Swahili
Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. Since its founding in 1971, MSH has worked in over 150 countries with policy makers, health professionals, and health care consumers to improve the quality, availability and affordability of health services. Working with governments, donors, non governmental organizations, the private sector, and health agencies, MSH responds to priority health problems such as HIV & AIDS; tuberculosis; malaria; maternal, newborn and child health; family planning and reproductive health; and chronic non-communicable diseases such as cancer, diabetes, and lung and heart disease. Through strengthening capacity, investing in health systems innovation, building the evidence base, and advocating for sound public health policy, MSH is committed to making a lasting difference in global health.
Management Sciences for Health is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, or veteran status.
Reports To Project Director
Job ID 13-10057
Location Tanzania-Dar es Salaam
# of Positions 1
Dept/Unit GEN (General)
Project/Program A504 - TSSP