Capacity Building Specialist Job Opportunity Dar es salaam at RTI International | Deadline: August 22, 2018Location: Other Dar es Salaam District Dar Es Salaam
Description: RTI International is an independent organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition. With a worldwide staff of more than 4,000 people, RTI offers innovative research and development and a full spectrum of multidisciplinary services.
RTI International is seeking staff for the U.S Agency for International Development (USAID) Promoting Tanzania’s Environment, Conservation, and Tourism (PROTECT) project that addresses factors in Tanzania that threaten biodiversity conservation and natural resource management. USAID PROTECT is a 5-year activity that will end in March 2020. We are recruiting a Capacity Building Specialist in Dar es Salaam.
NEW TANZANIAN JOBS OPPORUNITIES (700+ POSTS)
- Assist the institutional strengthen leader to map out organizations and institutions affecting or effected by wildlife conservation
- Develop a package of modules for effective internal personnel management, internal communications, and external coordination with stakeholders for mapped out organizations and institutions
- Establish an information baseline through gap analysis of relevant groups on the basis of a set of criteria for effective organizational functioning
- On the basis of the gap analysis, select priority organizations and institutions to work with on the basis of need, the ease of the “fix”, relevance to wildlife trafficking problem, and internal resources
- Develop a package of modules of a technical nature for target audiences engaged in biodiversity conservation
- Examine the curriculum of local wildlife training institutions (Pasiansi and MWEKA) and advise how they can be leveraged to scale up institutional strengthening expertise
Minimum Required Education & Experience
- Master’s degree and 9 years of experience or Bachelor’s degree and 12 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience in Natural Resources Management and capacity building
- Must be fluent in English, with strong report writing ability
- Demonstrated strength and experience developing the capacity of government institutions
- Demonstrated experience developing training curricula, including workshop agendas, presentations, and training exercises
- Familiarity with a wide range of capacity building techniques
- Strong facilitation and training skills required
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and build consensus across diverse sets of stakeholders
- Experience working on USAID or international donor projects is desirable
Skills & Abilities
Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel
Ability to multi-task
Ability to work well with others
Ability to listen and communicate well both verbally and in writing
Ability to work independently
Attention to detail and accuracy
To Apply: Email cover letter and CV: [email protected]
By August 22, 2018**.** Applicants must include the POSITION TITLE in the subject line of the email. Please do not attach copies of certificates.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. RTI International does not use agents or require any form of payment in the recruitment process.
RTI International is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V