Chief HR and Shared Services Job Vacancy at NMB Bank Plc | Deadline: 19th August, 2018Role Title: Chief HR & Shared Services
Reporting Line: Chief Executive Officer
Location: NMB Head Office Dar es Salaam
Application deadline: 19 August 2018
NMB Bank Plc. (“NMB”) is a full service commercial bank incorporated in the United Republic of Tanzania. Through its 4 main business divisions: Retail, Wholesale, Agribusiness and Treasury, NMB provides a suite of financial services and products to retail customers, Small and Medium Enterprises (SME’s), Corporates, institutions and the Government. The bank has 200+ branches, a growing number of 6000+ Wakala and 750+ ATMs across the country and is present in 98% of all Government districts. NMB has over 3 million customers and employs over 3,400 staff. The Bank is listed on the Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange in Tanzania. With a balance sheet size of over TZS 5.6 trillion, NMB has consistently been the most profitable bank in the country for the last 12 years.
For the 6th year in a row NMB was declared Best Bank in Tanzania by Euromoney in the framework of Africa Awards for Excellence.
“NMB today is the bank that works, rather than one which exists. Tough decisions around capital, businesses and people have been made. Throughout that process, NMB has continued to deliver strong profits and pay industry-leading dividends to shareholders.” NMB’s Managing Director, Ineke Bussemaker, said innovative products, technology and investments in digital banking coupled with the widest branch network and ATM’s have contributed to the transformation of the bank making it the best bank for financial inclusion. “Solving the challenge of the countries unbanked will take investment, innovation and an ability to bring together key players in payments and other banking services. Currently, we are one of the key players in financial inclusion in the country and will continue to bring banking solutions fit for the majority.” said Ineke Bussemaker.
Winning the Best Bank Transformation in Africa and the Best Bank in Tanzania awards is a clear indication that our efforts are recognized not just in Tanzania but across the region.
The job holder leads NMB Bank’s HR and the Shared Services functions, the strategy development and implementation.
By leading the HR Leadership Team, he/she carries the final responsibility for the department’s vision, strategy, perennial plan and, derived from the latter, annual HR plan. The HR area comprises the areas of HRBP, HR Centre of Expertise, Employee Relations and HR Shared Services. In line with NMB’s innovative character, the HR approach must be characterized by state of the art best practices, staying ahead of its peers in managing the bank’s most valuable asset: its staff.
Through the Business Head Shared Services, he/she is responsible for the shared services support activities of the bank, strategically overseeing the procurement, facilities and centralised operations functions.Read Also: NEW TANZANIAN JOBS OPPORUNITIES (600+ POSTS)
- Together with the HR Leadership Team, but carrying the final responsibility, lead NMB Bank’s strategy and implementation in line with the bank’s strategy and ambitions, the HR Operating Model (demand management) and compliant with the legal framework. The HR vision, strategy, perennial plan and, derived from the latter, annual HR plan must be characterised by innovative, state of the art best practices and coherency between de various HR fields
- Manage the HR Leadership Team, hierarchically and functionally, supporting the individuals in their professional development. Challenge the team to translate the strategy to their fields of expertise safeguarding the implementation in Employee Relations, HR Business Partnering, HR Centre of Expertise and HR Shared Services
- Visibly be the leader of HR throughout NMB and towards third parties representing the organisation
- Fill the role of strategic advisor for the CEO and the NMB Board HR Committee
- Safeguard succession management for top management
- Lead the Leadership Team in identifying, addressing and mitigating potential risks in HR given the internal and external environment. Timely escalate any issues that may jeopardise NMBs reputation
- Align the HR systems so that all areas in HR are focused and advance the leadership’s strategic goals and direction
- Lead by example amongst others representing NMB’s values, the (internal and external) client focus and the HR vision, strategy and plans
- Further strengthen a culture and environment in which people can use their talents optimally supporting the bank’s strategy and ambitions, in which ethics and NMB’s values are safeguarded in dealings with employees
- Periodic self-assessment of risk and controls
- Responsible for Shared Services which includes the functions Central Operations, Corporate Support, Procurement and Project Management Office
- Corporate Support includes the control and management of the office environment related to workspace planning, repair & maintenance, security, health & safety, cleaning, supply chain, logistics and overall BCM
- Central Operations includes the support of the front office (sales & customer teams) which consists of centralized payments processing, clearing, cash management
- Procurement involves the process of selecting vendors, establishing payment terms, strategic vetting, selection and negotiations of contracts and actual purchasing of goods and services
- Project Management Office includes the leaders for projects in infrastructure, technology and other fiel
- Impeccable integrity
- Customer focus
- Insight into how to translate a company strategy to the various areas of HR, creating a coherent HR vision and approach
- Experience in strategy implementation, translation to daily practice with a team and assessment of impact in the business
- Good working knowledge of the legal HR requirements
- Experience in dealing with the union, deescalating potential issues and preventing and managing conflicts, negotiating.
- Good overview and insight into the various departments and activities within NMB
- Focus on demand management (internal clients and their needs), as demand management is key to the HR Operating Model
- Interest in people’s development, including listening, teaching, team building and leading by example
- Stakeholder management at executive and board level and externally
- Counselling skills
- Passion for HR in banking, current state and future developments
- Cool headed crisis management, damage control in case of calamities
- Intellectual Potential: thinking quickly and flexible
- Inspirational Leadership: getting people to follow you
- Execution: achieving results through others, leading team, peers etc.
- Building talent: building capability for competitive advantage
- Change Potential: driving and responding to change
Qualifications and experience:
- Master’s degree in Business, Human Resources or other relevant area gained from a recognized university and/or 7+ years as an HR executive for a large (1000+ staff) international, commercial organisation
- Either a minimum of 10 years’ experience in leading an HR department and creating an HR strategic framework for a large (1000+ staff) professional company, or 10+ years of experience leading the operational side of a professional business accompanied by a degree or certifications in HR
- Proven track record in defining and executing an HR approach that is focused on global and local best practices and based on the latest insights from international HR leaders and institutes
This position is open to Tanzanian nationals only
If you consider yourself to be a strong candidate based on the requirements for the role, we invite you to apply by sending your letter of application and CV to [email protected]
Application deadline is 19 August 2018