Beware of Job Scammers!
Please Never Pay Money To Get A Job!
Beware of Job Scammers!
Please Never Pay Money To Get A Job!
Data Base Manager - USAID Boresha Afya – Southern Zone Job Vacancy at Fhi360 | Deadline: August 31, 2018Overview: FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research, and Technology; creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries. Currently, we are seeking suitably qualified candidates to fill in Data Base Manager- USAID Boresha Afya – Southern Zone Position for USAID Boresha Afya Southern Zone Project.
The purpose of the project is to support Government of Tanzania (GoT) efforts to increase access to high quality, comprehensive and integrated health services, especially for women and youth, with focus on HIV, TB, maternal, neonatal, child and reproductive health and nutrition outcomes.
- In close collaboration with the program’s M&E team, responsible for a leadership role in database design and data management, analysis and reporting
- Producing regular high-quality analysis products as needed by project staff and for reporting
- Designing and developing database applications in response to program’s information needs (e.g. DHIS2, SQL, MS Access, MS Excel, EMR)
- Installing developed applications, writing application manuals, and training/building capacity of users
- Automating data transfer from DHIS2 to Project database (ProDMIS) and from ProDMIS to PEPFAR database (DATIM) for program indicators
- Developing a web-based reporting system that can validate and clean collected data for program indicators monthly
- Automating tables/ graphs with updated data as per pre-set requirements
- Maintaining the program’s databases including monitoring and optimizing databases designs, contents, structure, and other management issues; performing backup and recovery of databases; managing databases users; taking appropriate measures to ensure the security of data; recommending hardware and software upgrades to the databases server as needed
- Coordinating data management issues) within the data users group-Developing standardized programming, data quality checks, and data documentation procedures;
- Designing and developing data analytics products to enhance project performance monitoring and promoting data use
- Developing and ensuring adherence to policies for security and confidentiality of program’s identifiable health data
- Monitoring staff compliance with confidentiality policies to assure that security standards are met
- Determining and refining program’s GIS requirements
- Designing systems to automate and create special maps from GIS and health datasets; using tools to combine GIS datasets and creating new information, investigating patterns and analyzing spatial data; writing standard metadata for GIS data resources; working on special GIS projects as assigned; developing custom data, statistics, reports, presentations and other products in a team environment
- Developing web-based and mobile GIS applications, customizing desktop GIS software to facilitate end user training and ease of use; training users and providing support for desktop applications
- Liaising closely with ICT department MOHCDCEG, participating in task forces and TWGs and sharing project lessons learned with Government and stakeholders
- In close collaboration with ICT department and m-Community of practice develop/strengthen a DHIS2 data collection application for CTC2, PMTCT, TB, FP and HIV-HBC with built-in data validation checks and offline mode capabilities, for health care workers and data clerks at facilities, enabling them to quickly populate and submit accurate health information based on the Mtuha registers
- In collaboration with regional teams, developing, implementing and monitoring supportive supervision and Ql initiatives for improved data management.
- Organizing a system for mentoring where required -Remain informed of currently applicable experiences by partners and relevant practices in other countries and published literature; monitor and evaluate the progress and impact of activities;
NEW TANZANIAN JOBS OPPORUNITIES (700+ POSTS)
- MS/MA in Computer Sciences or Biostatistics degree with 5-7 years experience in systems development and Health Management Information System (HMIS); OR BS/BA in similar field with 7-9 yrs experience in the related area
- Working knowledge of national HMIS, policies, and strategies- Demonstrated experience leading database design using open source and proprietary relational databases and MS Excel
- Demonstrated experience in implementation of open source health data management tools including dhis2, openMRS, openEMR, OpenHIE and open SRP- Proficiency in statistical analyses using SPSS, STATA, or SAS programming language
- Demonstrated experience in GIS mapping- Demonstrated experience in developing a system for automated data transfer between DHIS2 and DATIM
- Ability to work well with others in teams and to develop and maintain team spirit among project staff, sub-grantees, facility and community staff, as well as consultants
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills in English and Kiswahili
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to intervene with staff with diplomacy and firmness- Ability to travel to implementation districts a minimum of 50%.
How to Apply
FHI 360 has a competitive compensation package. For detailed information, interested candidates may either submit their application Curriculum Vitae (CV)/Resume, Photocopies of Certificates and Names and Addresses of three (3) referees to Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit FHI 360’s Career Center at www.fhi360.org/careercenter to register online, and to submit CV/resume and cover letter. FHI 360 is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date: August 31, 2018