Beware of Job Scammers!
Please Never Pay Money To Get A Job!
Beware of Job Scammers!
Please Never Pay Money To Get A Job!
About Standard Chartered: We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East. To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
NEW JOB OPPORTUNITIES IN TANZANIA (800+ POSTS)
The Role Responsibilities
Chief Information Officer is responsible for maintaining the Bank’s operational & infrastructure capability, supporting each of our business activities across the 3 Business segments in Tanzania. The Operations function is responsible for the processing, confirmation and settlement of all transactions, and the appropriate recording of these transactions in the accounting and transaction processing systems. The Chief Information Officer monitors the performance of operations across products through key metrics such as – volumes, productivity, accuracy, service levels, losses/lapses, issues & Operations Risk Framework (ORF).
Ensure full compliance with all Country and Group policies (consistent in execution), statutory regulations, local banking laws, anti-money laundering regulations and industry practices.
- Development and implementation of end-to-end Operations service delivery strategy, working with the Regional/Country CEO, Country Business Heads , Business CIOs, Regional COO & Head GBS
- Develop ‘efficiency and effectiveness’ strategy in off-shoring and/or near shoring and reduction of manual work to improve service delivery capability in Region/Country
- Develop solutions / introduce changes with an end-to-end view impacting the GBS and the Region/Country partnering with Head GBS
- Develop client related service strategies to enhance revenue potential and improve utilisation of current service provisions, e.g. e-Channels partnering with Client Segment Heads and Regional/Country COOs
- Involve and play pivotal role in investment decisions and PAR authorisations
- Provide support to the Regional/Country CEO in the provisioning of Operations capabilities on the ground
- Drive overall country/regional performance as a part of the responsibilities of a Country Management Team member
- Work with the Business CIOs and Client Segment Heads in enhancing client experience vide changes and introduction of new processes to enhance revenue potential
- Provide steer in Operations front in major Busines driven projects to ensure minimum manual hand-off processes with good service metrics (transaction accuracy and turnaround times)
- Ensure adequate capacity plans in place to meet business growth
- Implement policies and procedures for the Country/Region with guidance from Group policies and procedures for Operations, working with Global Head Operations & Countries & Business CIOs
- Ensure operational disciplines such as capacity and risk management are well embedded, measured and tracked
- Ensure AML and sanctions activities are carried out at Operations as detailed in the various group guidelines
- Drive continuous improvements in Productivity and Cost Efficiencies
- Take accountability for all services supported by internal and external service providers
- Streamline and digitize end-to-end processes to reduce manual hand-off, reduce risk and improve client/customer service collaborating with Business CIOs and Head GBS
- Working with the GBSs, introduce best-practice into Country operations with view to standardise and automate as much as possible
- Working with Business Heads & Business CIOs to provide steer and support for acquisitions and divestment activities in country/region.
- Ensure appropriate governance of End User Computing Applications used by ITO
- Ensure high security and protection of the Bank’s, Client information & assets
- Ensure Operating Platforms (Infrastructure & people) is in line with Global standards and local requirements to support current and anticipated business growth.
- Ensure Local data centre are managed as per the global/local regulatory standards. Ensure technology stack is current for locally managed data centres, applications (software and hardware components). Work with relevant committees/forums to funding for upgrade (if required) or for risk acceptance., if applicable
- Manage delivery of systems development activities for locally managed incountry application, if applicable.
People and Talent
- Develop and embed a high performance culture and organisational mindset to drive continuous improvement to Technology and Operations services
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Sets appropriate tone and expectations for their team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
- Employ, engage and retain high quality (skill and experienced) people to deliver its obligations.
- Ensure the provision of ongoing training and development, ensure that direct reports are suitably skilled and qualified for their roles and that they have effective supervision in place to mitigate any risks.
- Set and monitor job descriptions and objectives for direct reports and provide feedback and rewards in line with their performance against those responsibilities and objectives.
- Create a motivational and challenging environment for staff which is conducive to creativity and performance with client centricity in mind.
- Embed the Group’s values and code of conduct in ITO Country to ensure that adherence with the highest standards of ethics, and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations among employees form part of the culture.
- Ensure Country/Region adheres to Internal and External Sourcing Policies and Procedures related to Technology & Operations.
- Effective management of all Technology and Operations risks including reporting high or very high rated risks based on Group materiality thresholds to the relevant Operational Risk Committees
- Act quickly and decisively when any risk and control weakness becomes apparent and ensure they are addressed within an appropriate timeframe and escalated through the relevant committees.
- As required, act as the first line risk owner under the Group’s risk management framework at the appropriate level, e.g. Country
- Ensure all necessary external legal and regulatory controls are in place from initial migration through service provisioning for Technology & Operations.
- Balance business performance delivery and cost management constraints with risk and control matters to ensure that they do not materially threaten the Group’s ability to remain within risk appetite.
- Responsible for business continuity planning for the country/region and plans in sync with the GBS
- Ensure risk metrics are actively reviewed along with the Risk & Control Function
- Ensure risks associated with acquisition and integration activities are well documented and addressed
- Support the Head, Operations and Countries to implement group policies and procedures in the country/region
- Ensure compliance with the highest standards of regulatory and business conduct and compliance practices as defined by internal and external requirements. This includes compliance with local banking laws and anti-money laundering regulations and guidelines.
- Ensure adequate change management process is in place to govern Technology Change Management as well as Project Change Management
- Establish and maintain rigour in monitoring performance against budgets
- Balance business performance delivery and cost management with risk and control matters to ensure that it does not materially threaten the Group, remaining within risk appetite
- Ensure periodic reviews are undertaken between Country and GBS and other Outsource providers
- Represent ITO in Country Operations Risk Committee meetings
- Review performance periodically of outsourced service providers, GBS through relevant forums
- Provide on the ground support for subsidiaries on ITO front (if applicable)
- Establish working relationsip between Country/Regional COO and maintain close exchange via an agreed format
- Ensure adequate oversight is given to acquisition and integration activities
- Ensure a clear strategy is devised to achieve the fair dealing and fair accountability outcomes which are clearly communicated to all ITO staff
- Chair a Country Data Management Committee to ensure data quality governance
- Fully accountable and own regulatory audit/inspections on Technology and Operations teams in country/region as well as in offshore service centres
- Take personal responsibility for understanding the risk and compliance requirements of the role. Understand and comply with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws and regulations, including those governing anti-money laundering, terrorist financing and sanctions; the Group’s policies and procedures; and the Group Code of Conduct. Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk and compliance matters. Embed the Group’s values and code of conduct to ensure that adherence with the highest standards of ethics, and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations among employees form part of the culture.
- Provide leadership in country teams to comply with the highest standards of regulatory and business conduct and practices as defined by internal and external requirements. Understand and ensure compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations and guidelines including those governing securities activities, company law, anti-money laundering, terrorist financing and sanctions; the Group’s policies and procedures; and the Group Code of Conduct. Take personal responsibility for understanding the risk and compliance requirements of the role. Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk and compliance matters.
- Embed the Group’s Values and Group Code of Conduct to ensure adherence with the highest standards of ethics. Comply with relevant policies, processes and regulations, as part of the culture. Lead by example by displaying exemplary conduct behaviours and take personal responsibility for:
- the conduct of individuals in [country/business unit/function/team] ensuring behaviours set out in the Group Code of Conduct are followed.
- [business/country/function] achieving the outcomes set out in the Conduct Principals and Pillars.
- both direct and indirect/dotted line managers are individually accountable to proactively communicate, collaborate and agree on the conduct ratings of employees.
Work with local regulators on industry initiatives and provide thought leadership on market practices.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Market Knowledge: – good grasp of the business and recognised as such by key stakeholders, esp. Client Segment Heads. Hands-on experience in Operations, either at the Country, Regional or Group levels. Market savvy and keeps up to date of the wider business, economic and market environment in which the firm operates.
- Business Strategy and Model: – able to demonstrate strategic competency either in previous role or from a previous organisation. Able to articulate vision and turn into action and create ‘follow-ship’.
- Risk Management and Control: – good grasp of the Group’s OR framework and ability to engage Risk, Audit at the senior level. Ability to also challenge at the operating level to drive behaviours.
- Financial Analysis and Control: – Good grasp of cost control, reading trends and asking the appropriate questions. Good working knowledge on how to look for opportunities for cost saves by comparing metrics and arriving at conclusions. Have an aptitude for numbers and proven track record in delivering to budgets.
- Governance, Oversight and Controls: – Good grasp of policies and procedures and usage at key meetings. Have an aptitiude to dive into the details on periodic basis to ensure controls are being properly executed.
- This role would require >15 years of relevant experience in managing large (>1,500) Operations teams across dispersed geographies. A very good understanding of technology is necessary to ensure leverage of opportunities offered by digitisation. International exposure, ability to handle cultural diversity and developing high performers are essential to this role.
Primary Location: Africa & Middle East-Tanzania-Dar es Salaam
Employee Status: Permanent
Posting Date: 17/Sep/2018
Unposting Date: 02/Oct/2018