Beware of Job Scammers!
Please Never Pay Money To Get A Job!
Beware of Job Scammers!
Please Never Pay Money To Get A Job!
Country Manager Job Vacancy at Milvik Tanzania Limited (BIMA Mkononi) | September, 2018
NAFASI ZA KAZI / AJIRA TANZANIAROLE: Country Manager
LOCATION: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
TYPE: Full-time, permanent
EXPERIENCE: Senior level
BIMA is one of the fastest-growing impact and tech companies in the world. We use disruptive mobile technology to bring insurance and health services to consumers at the bottom of the pyramid, on an unprecedented scale. In just six years, we’ve built a customer base of over 24 million subscribers in 14 countries across Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean.
The company is led by a dynamic group of entrepreneurs who are committed to disrupting the traditional insurance industry and democratizing access to vital services for billions of under-served families around the globe. In addition to being a recognized leader in innovation and inclusion, BIMA is one of the most attractive emerging market and insurance tech investment opportunities in the world.
Joining BIMA at this stage provides an opportunity for you to truly influence the strategy of a global, growing business. We are a vibrant company where ideas and passion are welcomed and you get real responsibility from day one.
We have brought together top-quality talent from the worlds of consultancy, development, technology, telecoms, health and finance to create a company like no other. Personality is just as important to us as experience; we are looking for intelligent, ambitious and adventurous individuals who thrive in a fast-paced environment without ego. If this sounds like you, we encourage you to apply. We are particularly welcoming of applications from women and Tanzanian candidates.
Please visit www.bimamobile.com to learn more about BIMA, our team and the success and impact we’ve had so far. Also check out what others think about BIMA, such as:
- Awards e.g. MasterCard Foundation Global Prize, Mondato Asia Social Impact Awards, Africa Business Awards and the FT Transformational Business Award
- Global media coverage e.g. CNBC, The Economist, Wired, Financial Times, The Guardian
- Industry rankings e.g. FinTech 50, 2015 Nordic Fundraising review
Responsibilities include running the day-to-day operational activities in Tanzania as well as P&L responsibility, stakeholder management, product management, new product development, administration of distribution channels, and people management.
Overall, the Country Manager must be attuned to value the details as well as be able to understand and drive towards the big picture. Analytical and quick thinking in a fast-paced environment are essential. The Country Manager is an enthusiastic problem solver and thrives on being engaged at all levels of the operation in Tanzania. As the key point of contact for our business partners and the local team, the Country Manager plays a pivotal role in the success of our local operation.
Read Also: NEW TANZANIAN JOBS OPPORUNITIES (800+ POSTS)
• Execution of current plans and development of the operation in market - working with local BIMA team, local mobile operator team and local insurance company to achieve agreed mid and long-term plans and goals
• Meeting subscriber targets and cost efficiency initiatives for the local entity as a whole (P&L responsibility)
• Monitoring performance of members of the local team (including a project manager and sales agents) and ensure work is progressing as planned: diverse line management experience is required
• Actively monitor risks to foresee potential issues. Proactively identify solutions to address issues in advance
• Consistently identify new opportunities and needs that clients and customers may not recognize and ensure approaches and solutions are linked to objectives and future needs
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Experience of managing schedules, budgets, financials, and overall company organization, ensuring plans and projects are clearly communicated, understood and executed upon
• Managing client relationships and expectations, ensuring delivery of the highest quality service, soliciting and acting upon client feedback.
• Demonstrated ability to motivate, support and understand different stakeholders and cultures, ideally in emerging markets
• Demonstrated business problem-solving aptitude, ideally gained in an internal or external consulting capacity.
• Ability to problem solve
• Experience in sales is a plus but not a must
• Experience within Africa, Latam and emerging Asia Pac or insurance industries is a plus but not a must
• Fluent English a must. Swahili preferred.
• Effective and efficient planning and prioritization of all resources, working across the operation based on company goals
• Running and developing an operation, mindful of the complexities of the local business operating environment (in-depth experience and understanding of local culture is a strong advantage)
• Project management capability with strong attention to detail, with focus on stakeholder management, product management, product development and performance of distribution channels
QUALIFICATIONS/ OTHER CONSIDERATIONS
• Ability to multi-task across several initiatives
• 5 years’ minimum work experience within an implementation/operational role in the telecoms space, consulting or equivalent experience in PMO in this sector
• Degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline. 2nd degree (or equivalent) strongly preferred e.g. MBA or other Business School qualification
BIMA has a very distinct culture. We like people who are smart and independent, but we don’t like ego. We share our ideas as readily as we do our opinions, and are respectful when doing so. We are driven and ambitious but most importantly we never lose our sense of humor.
Everyone in the BIMA team shares a passion for adventure. We look for bold people who love to travel, experience different cultures and try new things.
Our recruitment process is rigorous, but it has helped us build an impressive, dynamic team that shares a strong bond. If you match the profile described above we want to hear from you.
Please send a CV and a cover letter to [email protected]
Note that applications without a cover letter will not be considered.