Beware of Job Scammers!
Please Never Pay Money To Get A Job!
Beware of Job Scammers!
Please Never Pay Money To Get A Job!
NAFASI ZA KAZI / AJIRA TANZANIASUPPLY CHAIN AND ADMINISTRATION OFFICERS
Location: Iringa, Morogoro and Rukwa, Tanzania
Contract - Full-Time
Closing date: Tuesday 23 October 2018
All jobs close at midnight UK time on the date specified
Level 2: either the role holder will have access to personal data about children and/or young people as part of their work; or they will be working in a ‘regulated’ position; therefore, a police check will be required.
ROLE PURPOSE: The Administration & Supply Chain Officer is responsible for the effective application of SC administration and Supply Chain policies and practises and enforcement of SC administration and Supply Chain reporting systems and internal control procedures and will provide support to Lishe Endelevu Programme.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Save the Children has been operational in Tanzania since 1986 providing support to children through developmental and humanitarian relief programmes delivered in support of Government of Tanzania priorities and policies both directly and through local partners. Current programming focuses on child protection, child rights governance, education, nutrition, Health and emergency response. In 2012, as part of a global reorganization process, Save the Children combined programmes of SCUK, SCUS, SC Sweden to create a single operation in Tanzania. We currently have an operational presence in Dodoma, Singida, Shinyanga, Zanzibar, Songwe and Kigoma as well as Dar es Salaam and we work through partners in other parts of the country. We employ more than 100 staff and have an annual operating budget of approximately $12 million.
Reports to: Project Area Manager and dotted line to Supply Chain Manager
Number of direct reports: Drivers and Office Attendant
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Supply Chain and Administration:
• Work at the front desk of Save the Children Office in Iringa, Morogoro or Rukwa.
• Provide administration support and supply chain function (accommodation, conference, travel booking etc) to programme management team and the overall field office staff.
• Ensure good relationship between the Organization and the public in person, over the phone, and through e-mails when interacting with or visiting the Office. Keep the reception area tidy and welcoming during office hours and ensure the Office Access Procedures are followed at all times.
• Supervise the Drivers and Office Attendant. Conduct one to one and Performance Management Review.
• Ensure that the programme is provided with adequate logistical support on procurement of goods and services.
• Ensure the fleet and other equipment are in good and sound condition including documents updates.
• Prepare relevant paperwork to process payments with respect to taxis services provided by companies and or individuals following approval processes.
• Maintain the fleet book/tracking system and ensure that these are updated timely and as and when necessary.
• Proactively inform users when plans change /delays are anticipated and follow up all pending issues
• Ensure that Save the Children’s vehicles are safe and roadworthy at all times.
• Ensure that services/repair for all the projects vehicles are planned and conducted on a timely basis (to minimize disruption) by the approved Garage(s). Maintain a tracking schedule to facilitate the monitoring and planning of servicing and repairs
• Supervise quotation/estimated costs received from garage and make recommendations to the Field Manager for approval before service /repair is done.
Property and Equipment Management
• Oversee the use and maintenance of the office equipment including the photocopier, fax, binding machine to ensure that they are in working order and arrange for their repair and maintenance as needed.
• Oversee proper running of utilities for the building such as electricity water and proper function of telephone lines.
• Oversee and manage the cleaning of the building and the surrounding.
• Manage safety and security of the building and assets.
• Ensure the Office storerooms are organized and clean.
• Responsible for engaging with the garage to ensure the repairs are done economically and the paper trail in support of the repairs complies with Save the Children Procedures.
• Supervise the drivers in monitoring the cleanliness of the interior and exterior of the vehicles.
• Ensure that all vehicles contain the necessary items and equipment as per the guidelines. (e.g., First Aid Kit, Maps)
• Prepare monthly performance reports for vehicles and submit to the Area Program Manager and the Supply Chain Manager in Dar
• Oversee and issue fuel coupons to drivers in compliance with procedures
• Review and sign off on a transport log sheet on completion of the sheet.
• Supervise the preparation of monthly analysis of fuel consumption against KMs’ and prepare supporting documentation for the payment to supplier and investigate any discrepancies.
• Prepare personal usage schedules for refund by the relevant staff and follow up to ensure payment is made.
• Prepare the monthly analysis of fuel consumption and submit it to the Area Program Manager and the Supply Chain Manager in Dar.
Read Also: NEW TANZANIAN JOBS OPPORUNITIES (400+ POSTS)
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
• Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
• Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
• Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
• Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
• Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale
• Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
• Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
• Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
• Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
• Willing to take disciplined risks
• Vastly service minded
• Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor Degree in Business Administration/ Public Administration or Supply Chain and Procurement Management.
• At least 4 years experiences in the INGO or NGO sector within Tanzania in office Administration and good understanding of office management, Asset management and Logistical Coordination for large fleet of vehicles.
• Excellent knowledge of procurement guidelines of donor agencies such as USAID, and other donors.
• Experience in supporting and training other staff is an added advantage.
• Demonstrated good skills and experience in managing office administration and Supply Chain systems.
• Knowledge and experience of computer applications (MS Word, excel, etc.)
• Good personal organisational skills including time management and ability to meet deadlines.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work as part of the team and to fit in well within multicultural organisation.
• Attention to detail and accuracy essential.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s values, principals and Child Safeguarding policy.
• Fluent in English and Kiswahili (both orally and written).