Beware of Job Scammers!
Please Never Pay Money To Get A Job!
Beware of Job Scammers!
Please Never Pay Money To Get A Job!
Jobs Tanzania: IT Support Officer Job Vacancy at TPB Bank PLC | Deadline: 22nd October 2018
NAFASI ZA KAZI / AJIRA TANZANIAOverview
TPB Bank PLC seeks to appoint dedicated, self motivated and highly organized IT Support Officers (1 position) to join the Directorate of Technology and Operations team).
DIRECT REPORTING LINE Chief Manager Application Support and Operations
LOCATION Dar es Salaam
WORK SCHEDULE As per TPB Bank PLC Staff regulations
SALARY Commensurate to the Job Advertised
INDIRECT REPORTING LINE Director of Technology and Operations
- Responsible for support and troubleshooting of TPB Networks, Applications, Hardware, Wide Area Network (VPN/WAN), Servers and Domain controllers, all other networked hardware including the branch Networks to meet the TPB Network standards, demands and deadlines.
- Rendering assistance on ICT Networks security implementations, ensure the network is properly maintained by use of properly configured routers, switches, firewalls, Intrusion and detection of Systems and Domain Controllers.
- Support end users and coordinate, guide and prepare standards to ensure reliability and availability of individual systems.
- Support all aspects of information systems security, by ensuring that they are operational.
- Support implementation of the system/level controls and maintain system documentation.
- Assist the Chief Manager on a day to day issues of managing TPB’s infrastructure which include Network, Hardware and Software.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist to maintain dynamic Network and its hardware configuration database by collecting, adding, removing or updating approved configuration unit changes (PCs, Printers, Servers, modems, wireless terminals, etc.) and maintaining documentation of new and existing network infrastructure.
- Assist maintenance of data center resources as a result of reducing server risk by identifying, quantifying, documenting and escalating issues that may lead to Data center nonavailability.
- Support working with vendors, service providers, and other technology groups to resolve problems; Provide support to HelpDesk and other support officers on LAN/WAN, servers, PCs, printers, scanners, availability calls.
- Providing support for domain administration tasks as required by the bank’s security policies, performance requirements, and industry best practices.
- Assist and support of appropriate server backup methodologies and technologies.
- Participate in ensuring high availability of production IBM infrastructure and servers by direct use of and implementation of various IBM technologies and supporting methodologies.
- To assist in the development and implementation of system policies, procedures, standards and controls to ensure data accuracy and security that they comply with the legal and regulatory requirements.
- To ensure that TPB ICT complies with existing ICTPolicies, procedures and processes requirements and embed Risk Management principles within its operations
- Work with other Directorates and section within ICT to facilitate preparation and simulation of disaster recovery action plan for Business Continuity on hardware, software and networks’ availability as well as other systems that depend on them.
- To provide adequate support for the maintenance of the network infrastructure. To support routine ICT tasks including Night Processing, systems’ users access
- administration, regular ICT maintenance services, and Standby Support.
- Assist in maintaining and providing support to the DRS systems that are operational
- and available.
- Assist in implementation and support of power systems to make sure that the data center and DRS system can be supported by the power standby system (UPS) within a certain time period which allows graceful shutdown of servers and peripherals to avoid damages during power outages.
- Assist in implementation and support of security systems at both data centers and branches these include CCTV, intruder alarms, access controllers physically and logically, should assure that at all times they are working and provides reports when needed.
- Contribute to Risk (fraud) identification and mitigation methods by following Risk and ICT standards and practices for risk management.
- Recommend ICT cost reduction strategies by analyzing IT service cost structures.
- To provide training to staff in the use of network services, email, internet, VoIP and other administrative systems.
- To do any other job as may be assigned from time to time.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Individual Performance Agreements with all staff within the division.
- No network outage due to the inadequate administration of the system.
- High ICT services availability to end users and customers
- Centralized management of infrastructure security (Domain controller).
- Efficient networks and systems and highly available to users.
- Efficient network hardware and software deployment and maintenance.
- Efficient hardware and software upgrades and updates.
- Mitigation of critical risks such as failure of business continuity, security bleach, virus outbreak and infrastructure support.
- Timely preparations and submission of all appropriate reports.
- A higher performing division.
Skills / Attributes
(i) Strong interpersonal skills.
(ii) Possession of experience in Helpdesk Support and Customer services is strongly desired.
(iii) Ability to provide first line technical support over the phone; good phone skills, professional demeanor, previous customer service experience strongly desired.
(iv) Good problemsolving skills; ability to visualize a problem or situation and think abstractly to solve it.
(v) Completing tasks within deadlines.
(vi) Strong troubleshooting/problem assessment skills.
(vii) Working knowledge of common operating systems and software applications.
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
Education: Bachelor Degree/Advance Diploma in Computer science, Information Technology, and Telecommunication Science or Engineering.
- 15 years of experience in the ICT field, solid experience in network systems installation, configuration, and support.
- Experience of working with Linux / UNIX, MSWindows Servers and workstations environments and office automation applications.
- Added skills and certifications MCSE and Linux, CCNA Skills / Attributes
- Strong leadership & people management skills
- Strong technical skills in hardware and software
- Prioritize tasks and organization
- Can work independently at minimal supervision
- Adherence to the regulations and company policies
- Team player
The position will attract a competitive salary package, which includes benefits.
Applicants are invited to submit their resume (indicating the position title applied and location in the subject heading of application letter and in email) via email to: [email protected] Applications via other methods will not be considered. Applicants need to submit only the
Curriculum Vitae (CV) and the letter of application starting the job advertised and the location. Other credentials will have to be submitted during the interview for authentic check and other administrative measures and should not in anyway be attached during application.
Avoid scams: NEVER pay to have your CV / Application pushed forward.
Any job vacancy requesting payment for any reason is a SCAM. If you are requested to make payment for any reason, please call +255 222162940 to report the scam.
You also don’t need to know one in TPB to be employed. TPB is a merit-based institution and to achieve this vision, it always goes for the best.
TPB Bank PLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is very commit ted to environmental health and safety Management.
TPB Bank PLC has a strong commitment to environmental, health and safety management. Late applications will not be considered. Shortlisted candidates may be subjected to any of the following: a security clearance; a competency assessment; physical capability assessment and reference checking.
Please forward your applications before 22nd October 2018.