Beware of Job Scammers!
Please Never Pay Money To Get A Job!
Beware of Job Scammers!
Please Never Pay Money To Get A Job!
Jobs in Tanzania: Integrated Water Resources Management (IWRM) Governance Specialist Job Dar es salaam at Tetra Tech ARD, Inc. | Deadline: 15th November, 2018
NAFASI ZA KAZI / AJIRA TANZANIAPosition: Integrated Water Resources Management (IWRM) Governance Specialist
Tetra Tech ARD, Inc. the US – based international development firm is implementing the USAID Tanzania Water Resources Integrated Development Initiatives (WARIDI) Project which seeks to achieve improvements in health, water resources management, agriculture, climate change adaption and the environment in Tanzania. Tetra Tech is advertising for the above position to be based in Morogoro. All applicants should be Tanzanian citizens and be fluent in Swahili and English. The position is immediately available. Candidates must be able to work in a multicultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity and gender. Women are encouraged to apply.
Experience: Managerial and operational experience in Water Resources Management (10 years minimum) focusing in Integrated Water Resources Management (IWRM); preferably working in similar donor-funded IWRM or WASH programming in Tanzania. Familiarity with the GOT National Water Policy and Water Sector Development Program, Laws and Regulations governing the issuance of permits for water is essential. Experience working in any of Tanzania’s River Water Basins will be of additional advantage
NEW TANZANIAN JOBS OPPORUNITIES (340+ POSTS)
Registered Professional Engineer (PE), with Engineers Registration Board of Tanzania, with a valid practicing engineering license. Alternatively, an advanced degree in environmental management with an emphasis on water management and conservation is acceptable. Strong communications and interpersonal skills to productively interact with a wide range and levels of organizations.
A Bachelor’s degree level or higher in Water Resources Engineering, Civil Engineering or Environmental Engineering, or a masters level degree in Hydrology or Environmental governance issues related to water management is required.
1. National and basin- level coordination:
- Work with MoWI, Basin Offices and community-based water resources management institutions (i.e. Catchment Committees and Water User Associations -WUAs) to determine opportunities to streamline IWRM opportunities and operations within the sector, between sectors that influence IWRM, and with Regional/District government authorities.
- Represent WARIDI (and to an extent the USAID client) as needed on relevant WSDP and donor coordination working groups.
- Work closely with Basin Offices to support development (Wami/Ruvu) and implementation (Rufiji and eventually Wami/Ruvu) of respective IWRM Development Plans while promoting collaboration and cross-learning between the basins and lessons that might be applicable at national and/or other basin levels.
- Identify needs and support subsequent development of policy/regulatory/guideline/ planning mechanisms to improve basin governance and management, with emphasis on intersectoral coordination for effective IWRM.
- Identify opportunities to leverage resources and engage other stakeholders in the broader water resources governance issues for the two river basins.
2. Promote linkages among Basin Offices, WUAs and local water resource users:
- Devise and apply methods to strengthen WUA governance, coordination and sustainable operations in collaboration with MOWI, Basin Offices and Districts.
- Develop coordination mechanisms for improved water governance across sectors and institutions that use water (or use land in ways that affect water resources) such as forestry, wildlife, irrigation, industry and other private sector operations in the two basins and focal Districts.
- Work with key stakeholders to develop mechanisms that reconcile the differing basin and local government geographies for effective IWRM.
3. Capacity Building of MoWI, Basin Offices, WUA and district staff:
- Support capacity-development at RBWOs, MoWI, and district staff through cross-training workshops and other appropriate methods to promote improved IWRM governance and operational and maintenance tools and provide support to develop and enforce clear functions, roles, and responsibilities.
- Use appropriate capacity assessment tools and develop and apply capacity-building approaches to the national and regional context and to key institutions.
4. Improve hydrological and hydro-meteorological monitoring and information system
- With support from WARIDI subcontractors and/or consultants, support MoWI, Basin Offices, WUAs and Districts to develop a reliable, cost-effective and sustainable monitoring and information management system for the two basins, covering hydro-meteorological, hydrological, and socioeconomic data.
- The developed monitoring and information systems must address data and information needs related to priority data demands; use proven, user-friendly, low maintenance, and cost-effective technologies; take into consideration data needs for WSDP; complement ground data monitoring stations with remote sensing data; and present options for optimizing telemetry reliability, data collection, sharing, and transparency.
5. Monitoring and Evaluation
- Assist in the development of information collecting systems for M&E and assemble relevant data for M&E reporting in the format and schedule agreed with and required by the WARIDI M&E specialist.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should email their current curriculum vitae (CV) and 3 references to: [email protected] Subject of the email should include “WARIDI” and the name of the position applying for. Short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. Selected candidates will be hired as soon as they are available. Compensation will be commensurate with relevant experience.
This position is open to Tanzania candidates only. Tetra Tech ARD is committed to diversity and gender equality in all encourage
applications from women and underrepresented groups. Tetra is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Deadline for submission of applications: November 15, 2018.