Beware of Job Scammers!
Please Never Pay Money To Get A Job!
Beware of Job Scammers!
Please Never Pay Money To Get A Job!
Jobs in Tanzania: Job Vacancy at Zanzibar White Sand Luxury Villas & Spa, Resident General/Operation Manager | January, 2019
AJIRA TANZANIA 2019 / NAFASI ZA KAZI 2019
Zanzibar White Sand Luxury Villas & Spa is family-owned and operated by a passionate team who promise an authentic, generous and unique experience with a personal touch. In April 2017, Zanzibar White Sand Luxury Villas & Spa became the first Tanzanian property to join the prestigious label Relais & Chateaux, joined by our common values and ambitions to share the arts of living, while preserving local culture and diversity, our respect for the culinary arts and to provide a genuine, humane experience of luxury hospitality.
A boutique eco-luxury resort located on the front of the pristine sands of Paje Beach, Zanzibar. The resort counts 11 luxury villas (1500 square metres of plot each, a butler service, indoor and outdoor bathrooms and separate living room) with a focus on privacy, space and serenity. Amenities include 2 restaurants/1 kitchen, 3 bars, spa, and a luxury kite surfing centre. Ideal for honeymooners (especially our beachfront villas), families (2 bedroom and 5 bedroom villas).
Opened in 2014, we are proud of the feedback from travellers (9.4 Booking.com rating) and strive to deliver an upscale experience of barefoot luxury in the magical place that is Zanzibar.
We are looking for a passionate, motivated and experienced Resident Manager (or couple) to join Zanzibar White Sand Luxury Villas and Spa, a 5 star boutique luxury resort affiliated to Relais & Chateaux and located on Paje beach, Zanzibar, in Tanzania.
The family owned resort opened in 2014 and has quickly grown to position as the most luxurious boutique hotel in Zanzibar, with 11 villas and 3 Cinnamon Rooms, 2 restaurants/1 kitchen, spa and many facilities over 4 hectares of beachfront (www.whitesandvillas.com). We are proud of our unique amenities, family spirit within the team, exceptional guest feedback with many repeaters and the personal experience we offer to each Guest.
The Resident Manager functions as the Primary Strategic Business Leader of the hotel with responsibility for all aspects of the operation including guest and associate satisfaction, human resources, financial performance and revenue generation and delivering a return on investment. Specifically:
- Hire, train and inspire a team of hospitality professionals.
- Advance the quality standards and operating philosophy of the Owner to create a collaborative, respectful work environment.
- Drive the financial performance of the property through careful management of expenses and methods to increase profitability.
- Serve as a professional representative of the Owners and builds owner loyalty through proactive communication, setting and managing expectations and delivering solid business results.
NEW TANZANIAN JOBS OPPORUNITIES (570+ POSTS)
RESIDENT MANAGER DUTIES
- Working closely with, and report regularly to, the Owners.
- Managing all aspects of the day-to-day running of the resort , through close involvement in all operation, in line with company policy and brand standard and ensuring all decisions are made in the best interest of the hotels and management.
- Be highly visible and interface with guests on a regular basis to obtain feedback on quality of the service and implementing actions to feedback received. Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Be responsible for maximizing all areas of profitability, through revenue generation and productivity to ensure increased levels of customer satisfaction in the resort. Have a strong understanding of P&L statements and the ability to react with impactful strategies and closely monitor the hotels business reports on a daily basis and take decisions accordingly.
- Be a leader who inspires the team (100+ staff on property) by understanding their individual needs while being able to transmit brand values and standards. You will have the responsibility to motivate, advise and encourage colleagues through your presence, giving the example and making any changes to improve their efficiency.
- Help in the procurement of operating supplies and equipment and contracting with third-party vendors for essential equipment and services.
- Salary to be negotiated based on profile. We shall offer attractive package and career opportunities to the right candidate.
- We provide medical insurance, work visa and annual flight tickets.
- 21 AL + 20 PH as per Tanzanian Law
- Full housing, meals, laundry provided.
- Becoming part of the Relais & Chateaux Team, you will benefit of being part of network that encourages growth across each property of the Association, possibility to train via Relais & Chateaux Academy programs and a strong international network.
PROFILE & REQUIREMENTS
The ideal candidate is a seasoned and intelligent hotel professional (male, female or couple) with outstanding management skills and extensive hands-on experience. Available to work when needed, including weekends, holidays, and nights.
- At least 2 years of experience in opening and managing luxury international hotel with clear track record as Hotel Manager.
- Understanding of all hotel management best practices and relevant laws and guidelines.
- Prior experience of managing a team at senior level in Africa a definite advantage.
- Strong Food & Beverage experience an advantage.
- Understanding of the Relais & Chateaux standards and guidelines.
- Ability to drive and deliver on all financial targets is essential.
- We are looking for candidates with outstanding leadership capacity and flexibility.
- Excellent command in English, good communication skill both writing and speaking. French or German language will be a plus.
- Systematic, well organized, great strategic thinking, decision making, outstanding leadership skills and a great attention to detail.
- Integrity, flexibility and sensitivity to ethical issues in grant-making.
- Excellent customer service skills as well as a business mindset.
- Demonstrable aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving.
- Reliable with an ability to multi-task and work well under pressure.
Référence : RC28998890 28998890