Beware of Job Scammers!
Please Never Pay Money To Get A Job!
Beware of Job Scammers!
Please Never Pay Money To Get A Job!
AJIRA TANZANIA 2019 / NAFASI ZA KAZI 2019
Position: Administrative Officer, NOB, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania # 00001819
Job Number: 519920
Locations: Africa: Tanzania,Uni.Re
Work Type : Fixed Term Appointment
UNICEF is a leading humanitarian and development agency working globally for the rights of every child. Child rights begin with safe shelter, nutrition, protection from disaster and conflict and traverse the life cycle: pre-natal care for healthy births, clean water and sanitation, health care and education. UNICEF has spent nearly 70 years working to improve the lives of children and their families. Working with and for children through adolescence and into adulthood requires a global presence whose goal is to produce results and monitor their effects. UNICEF also lobbies and partners with leaders, thinkers and policy makers to help all children realize their rights’ especially the most disadvantaged.
Purpose for the job:
As focal point of administrative management services in a country or sub-country office, the incumbent is accountable for delivery of efficient and cost effective administrative support services, providing guidance for operations of administrative support services and management of administrative staff. Ensures the office’s administrative operations and services are in compliance with the organization’s administrative policy, procedures, rules and regulations.
Key end results:
• Appropriate interpretation and application of administrative policy and procedures are timely implemented to support operations at the country and sub-country levels.
• The budget preparation and implementation are properly administered, monitored and controlled in the area of administrative management and services.
• Management and operations of delivery and improvement in administrative support services are timely and effectively provided, and security arrangements are well established for enhanced safety and security.
• Property management of administrative supplies, office equipment, vehicles and other properties are effectively performed.
• All administrative transactions and arrangements Of contracts satisfy the requirements as stipulated and are in compliance with the applicable policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
• Staff capacity is enhanced through active staff learning/development programmes in the area of administrative management and services.
• Effective working relations are maintained with other agencies, local authorities and implementing partners.
• Any other assigned administrative management responsibilities and services are effectively carried out and delivered.
Key accountabilities and duties & tasks:
Within the delegated authority and under the given organizational set-up, the incumbent may be assigned the primary, shared, or contributory accountabilities for all or part of the following areas of major duties and key end results.
Policy, procedures and strategies
• As functional focal point; The incumbent will be accountable for the correct and consistent application of policies and procedures in the assigned administrative functions through the provision of guidance and support to the country office or sub-office where applicable.
• contributes to strategic planning and monitoring of administrative matters at country/sub-country level as necessary. Provides practical input on implementation of administrative guidelines, in close coordination with the head of office, operation staff/ supervisor.
• Supports supervisor and the head of the office, and updates staff on administrative policies, procedures rules and regulation. Implements the appropriate application and interpretation of administrative rules, regulations, policies and procedures. Briefs and assists arriving and departing staff on basic administrative procedures and requirements.
• Makes specific recommendations on the improvement of systems and internal controls, planning, restructuring and resolution of sensitive issues, taking into account the prevailing conditions in the locality.
• Keeps supervisor abreast of potential problem areas and identifies and recommends solutions. Prepares reports on administrative matters as required.
• Provides administrative support and services to sub-country (zone) offices and out-postings, where applicable, including preparation and funding of service contracts, preparations of PGMs for all administrative supplies and guidance on administrative procedures.
• Undertakes missions to field locations to review administrative arrangements and makes appropriate recommendations where applicable.Read Also:
NEW TANZANIAN JOBS OPPORUNITIES 2019 (350+ POSTS)
• Monitors the budget in close coordination with supervisor to ensure that objectives stipulated early in the fiscal year are realized for smooth operations of the office including sub-country (zone) offices and out postings where applicable.
• Recommends and prepares estimates on office premises, supplies and equipment requirements for budget preparation purposes. Assists zone offices in the establishment and maintenance of administrative services. Prepares, monitors and controls the administrative budget.
Administrative support and services
• As the functional focal point and group leader, ensures effective administrative operations for a country and/or sub-country office with typically a small total budget with a small number of staff members, engaging in all or the assigned areas of administrative service management, depending on the office organization structure.
• Provides accurate administrative services information, interpretation and application at the country level, based on the technical knowledge of UNICEF’s administrative policy, procedures, rules and regulations.
• Holds authority to decide on adequate and appropriate use of supplies, services and maintenance of premises. Confirms the quality and standards of office administrative services. Decides on the appropriate application and interpretation of administrative rules, regulations, and procedures.
• Undertakes delivery and improvement in administrative support and office services including space management, transport services, vehicle use and maintenance, equipment, conference and travel arrangements, document reproduction. communications, mail and delivery services, local procurement and bill payments of utilities.
• Ensures the timely and cost-effective provision of basic office services including space management, equipment, communications and security to enhance staff safety and productivity. Supports the Inter-Agency Operations Management Team’s approaches for enhancing UN common services to attain efficiencies and effectiveness.
• Helps negotiate and administer matters relating to office premises, utilities and services with vendors and agencies.
• Supports property management of administrative supplies, office equipment and vehicles, updating inventory of items, serving as ex-officio member to the Property Survey Board where applicable. Assists supervisor in Property Survey Board submissions, preparing minutes of meetings. Assists supervisor in executing PSB recommendations approved by the Head of Office.
• Monitors and supervises adequate and appropriate use of supplies. Ensures that services and maintenance of premises are in accordance with organizational standards.
Contract arrangement and control
• Ensures that all administrative transactions and arrangements of contracts are in compliance with the applicable policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
• Participates in the reviews of the contractual arrangements related to administrative support (i.e. courier, premises maintenance, ancillary administrative support, vehicle maintenance, equipment maintenance etc.) to ensure that the terms and conditions of all contracts are being adhered to by providers of services. Proposes to supervisor any changes that may be required.
• Monitors payments against contractual obligations.
Staff learning and development
• Collaborates on the development of training activities to ensure effective performance in administrative services management. Implements effective staff learning and development programme activities for capacity building. Helps organize workshops for staff’s competency building, and staff learning and development.
Partnership, coordination and collaboration
• As required, under direction of the supervisor, collaborates with other agencies, local authorities and implementing partners on administrative matters including information exchange and harmonization.
Performs any other duties and responsibilities assigned as required.
Qualification and competencies:
• University degree in social sciences, business management, administration, finance or any other relevant field of discipline.
• Two years of relevant professional work experience with both national and International work experience in office management, administration, finance, accounting, ICT, human resources, supply or any other relevant function.
• Work experience in emergency duty station.
Fluency in English and another UN language.
• Diversity and Inclusion
• Communication [l]
• Working with People Il]
• Drive for Results [Ill
• Analyzing [Il]
• Applying Technical Expertise [Ill]
• Following Instructions and Procedures [Il]
• Planning and Organizing [Il]
a) Specific Technical Knowledge
• Administrative service management functions of the job as required in the context of the country situations and conditions of service.
• UNICEF administrative service management’s policies, procedures and guidelines in the manual as relevant, in the context of the country situations and conditions of work.
b. UNICEF Mid-Term Strategic Plan (MTSP) as it relates to administrative service management in the context of the country situations and conditions of service. Common Technical Knowledge Required
• Principles of office management, operations management, programme management and administration.
• Administrative service management’s goals, visions, positions, policies, and strategies
• Information and Communication Technology administration-
• Supply operations, logistics and purchasing administration.
• Rights-based and Results-based management and programming approach in UNICEF.
• UNICEF emergency programme policies, goals, strategies, approaches and procedures.
• Gender equality and diversity awareness
c. Technical Knowledge to be Acquired/Enhanced
• UN policies and strategy to address issues in harmonization of administrative service management and operations in the common system.
• UNICEF positions about UN common approaches to administrative service management and operations issues.
• UN security guidelines.
• Government regulations and laws in the locality pertinent to administrative service management and operations.
“UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization”
Opening Date Thu Feb 14 2019 09:00:00 GMT+0300 (East Africa Time) E. Africa Standard Time
Closing Date Thu Feb 28 2019 23:55:00 GMT+0300 (East Africa Time)