Beware of Job Scammers!
Please Never Pay Money To Get A Job!
Beware of Job Scammers!
Please Never Pay Money To Get A Job!
AJIRA TANZANIA 2019 / NAFASI ZA KAZI 2019
Job Title : HIV/AIDS Supply Chain Advisor – Pharmaceuticals and Laboratory (2 positions)
Department/Unit : HIV Pharmaceutical and Laboratory Services Unit, NACP
Location NACP Offices, Dodoma
Reports to Head HIV Pharmaceutical and Laboratory Services Unit at NACP and Program Manager, GHSC TA-TZ
The Global Health Supply Chain Program – Technical Assistance – Tanzania (GHSC-TA-TZ) project, supported by the United States Agency for international Development (USAID), provides expert technical assistance to Tanzania to strengthen country supply chain systems across all health elements, e.g„ malaria, family planning (FP), HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis (TB) and maternal, newborn and child health (MNCH). In coordination with in-country and development partners, GHSC-TA-TZ assists Government of Tanzania health programs by providing strategic planning and implementation assistance; improving the delivery of health commodities to service sites; providing capacity building support to broaden stakeholders’ understanding and engagement of the supply chain system; and strengthening enabling environments to improve supply chain performance.
The advisors are expected to provide technical assistance to the National AIDS Control Program (NACP) HIV Pharmaceutical and Laboratory Services Unit in ensuring that HIV/AIDS Commodities needs are accurately planned, forecasted, procured, stored, distributed and managed according to set standard procedures and regulations. In addition, the advisor(s) will be required to provide updated information and data on commodities status, risks, data quality and work with the MSD, PEPFAR, GF and PSU and other sections within the NACP to attain the best HIV/AIDS commodities availability and accessibility in the country. In addition, the advisors will work closely with the PMTCT and NTLP, GHSC TA-TZ work-streams as well as other HIV/AIDS implementing partners.
The advisor is expected to have vast HIV/AIDS knowledge, skills and experience, lead HIV/AIDS supply chain operational research agenda, develop and analyze supply chain data, conduct root cause analysis, and package and disseminate findings related to HIV/AIDS commodities situation in Tanzania.
Specific responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Work collaboratively to develop interventions/solutions for addressing supply chain bottlenecks such as using trends and peer-to-peer benchmarking to improve accountability.
- Support the development of effective management of regimens changes and demand management strategies, procurement plans, storage, distribution and monitoring of activities gearing to improving availability of HIV commodities
- Coordinate and ensure good communication with timely feedback to Program manager, zonal Supply Chain Monitoring Advisors (SCMAs), MSD, Diagnostics Unit, PSU and IPs.
- Coordinate with other stake holders including Implementing partners on areas of supplies availability, usages/consumption at Central and zonal levels.
- Build capacity of the MOHCDGEC staff, LGAs and health care workers to ensure sustainability and ownership for the availability of HIV commodities this may include participating in development of training materials, conducting actual training and post training supportive supervision and any other technical meetings
- Prepare and submit monthly and quarterly supply chain performance reports to the program, PEPFAR and GF, and facilitate its distribution to relevant stakeholders
- Support the preparations of annual work-plans and budgets and ensure smooth implementation of all
- Monitoring Commodities shelf life to avoid expiry of products in storage facilities
- Work with MSD and TFDA in ensuring that program drugs and related supplies reported in accordance with the guidelines
- Liaising with PSM and GF to facilitate better commodities supply plans, and importation protocols in accordance to importations requirements
- Coordinate key stakeholders which may include but not limited to MSD, PSU, TFDA, MOHSW-Diagnostic Unit, and GHSC TA-TZ and other USG Implementing
- Partners to address all supply chain issues including funding mobilization for HIV commodities including leveraging of supply chain resources.
- Using data: analyze the performance of the supply chain, and identify problem areas conduct root cause analysis of supply chain performance, identifying determinants of product availability
- Using performance data, identify areas of potential cost savings
- Design and conduct issues-based workshops to educate key supply chain staff in common problems observed informed by research data.
- Update and monitor pipeline databases to ensure optimal supply of commodities.
- Participate in quarterly review of supply plan and generate updated supply plan
- Participate in annual quantification exercises and ensure quantification reports are written timely
- Contribute in the develop supply chain research questions to help identify determinants of product
NEW TANZANIAN JOBS OPPORUNITIES 2019 (390+ POSTS)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- An advanced degree or a Master’s Degree in Health Informatics, Data Science, Business Analytics, Public Health, Pharmacy or other relevant area
- Previous experience in HIV commodities commodity management and supply chain data analysis.
- Knowledge in health supply chains in Tanzania
- Ability to use infographic-style data visualization methods for senior-level management.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English and Swahili
- Excellent technical writing and oral presentation skills highly desired
HOW TO APPLY
Send your CV, cover letter and copies of your academic certificate to [email protected]. Deadline for submission shall be on Friday 22nd February, 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.