Beware of Job Scammers!
Please Never Pay Money To Get A Job!
Beware of Job Scammers!
Please Never Pay Money To Get A Job!
AJIRA TANZANIA 2019 / NAFASI ZA KAZI 2019
Title: National Associate Project Officer
Domain: Education and Gender Equality
Grade: NO-B (Only nationals of Tanzania may apply for this post)
Organizational Unit: UNESCO in Dar es Salaam
Duty Station: Dar es Salaam, United Republic of Tanzania
Type of contract: Project Appointment
Duration of contract: 1 year with the possibility of extension subject to availability of funds
and satisfactory performance
Annual salary: Approx. 100,312,000 Tanzanian Shillings (TZS
Deadline (midnight, East Africa standard time): 19th April 2019
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Professionalism
Overview of the functions of the post
Under the overall authority of the Assistant Director-General for Education (ADG/ED), overall guidance from the Head of the UNESCO Tanzania Office and direct supervision of the Project Coordinator, the incumbent will be involved in assisting the coordination, planning and implementation of the activities within the Joint Programme on Empowering Adolescent Girls and Young Women through Education in Tanzania, funded by KOICA and other donors. Specifically, s/he will:
- Contribute to overall operational, programmatic and administrative coordination and implementation of the Joint Project in Tanzania. This includes convening joint programme meetings with Participating UN Organizations, coordinating the development of joint annual work plans, managing the budgetary and administrative aspects of the joint project, and facilitating results-based monitoring, evaluation, and reporting of results, based on the requirements of the joint project included in the project agreement.
- Assist in convening regular coordination meetings with Participating UN Organizations, and establish close coordination with the ministry of education and other relevant ministries and the national mechanisms for gender mainstreaming/gender equality. Participate in appropriate national, regional and global forums on gender, education, and health, and identify opportunities for synergies with national policy development, standard setting, and programming in Tanzania.
- Ensure administrative and logistical support to the project activities in line with UNESCO rules and regulations in consultation with the Project Coordinator and other project team members and working in close collaboration with the Administrative Officer and his team for the implementation of the project activities.
- Support Joint Programme communications, including providing inputs for websites, press releases, speeches, presentations, to raise the visibility of the girls’ and women’s education and the partnerships between UN Women, UNFPA, the donor and UNESCO. Document lessons learned from the Joint Programme, including approaches, methodologies, tools, success, and challenges, with a view to sustainability, programme scale up and support south-to-south learning and knowledge exchange.
- Facilitate the development of a transparent inter-agency resource mobilization strategy, and play an active role with Joint Programme partners in resource mobilization, including proposal developments, submission, and follow-up with donors.
A successful candidate will be required to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Results focus
- Planning and organizing
- Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement
For detailed information please consult the UNESCO Competency Framework
Education: Advanced university degree (Masters or equivalent degree) in the field of education, natural sciences, social sciences, or related field.Read Also:
NEW TANZANIAN JOBS OPPORUNITIES 2019 (1,330+ POSTS)
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience in the field of sciences or education, at the national level.
- Experience in the development, implementation, management, and evaluation of projects and/or programmes supporting girls’ education including STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) education and skills development
Skills and competencies:
- Skills in resource mobilization, policy advocacy, and community mobilization.
- Excellent coordination and networking skills, and an ability to build and sustain effective partnerships inside and outside of the Organization.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written, including the ability to prepare reports and to present in clear and concise ways.
- Ability to work effectively in a team and to maintain effective working relations in a multi-cultural environment.
- Excellent knowledge of English
- Excellent knowledge of Swahili (local language)
Education: Specialization in STEM education and girls’/ women’s education.
Work Experience: · International experience. · Field experience, especially in developing countries. · Previous experience with the UN System
Skills and competencies: · Office management skills and knowledge of accountancy principles to maintain financial records. · Ability to perform several tasks concurrently and to work well under pressure.
Languages: Knowledge of another official language of UNESCO (Arabic, Chinese, French, Spanish, Russian).
A written test may be used in the evaluation of short-listed candidates.
How to apply
To apply, please send your application letter, UNESCO CV, in English to ao.[email protected] Application files with the reference “National Associate Project Officer” will have to reach UNESCO office before 19th April 2019 (Midnight East Africa Standard time).
Please note that only pre-selected candidates will be contacted.
Benefits and entitlements
UNESCO’s salaries are calculated in local currency and exempt from income tax. Other benefits include 30 days annual leave, family allowance, pension plan, and medical insurance.
UNESCO is committed to promoting gender equality within its Secretariat. Therefore, women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Persons with disabilities equally are encouraged to apply. UNESCO applies a zero-tolerance policy against all forms of harassment.
UNESCO DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS.
Please note that UNESCO is a non-smoking Organization
UNESCO is committed to promoting gender equality within its Secretariat. Therefore, women candidates are strongly