Beware of Job Scammers!
Please Never Pay Money To Get A Job!
Beware of Job Scammers!
Please Never Pay Money To Get A Job!
AJIRA TANZANIA 2019 / NAFASI ZA KAZI 2019
PROGRAM: The USAID Boresha Afya Project- Southern Zone
REPORTS TO: Gender & Youth Manager
STATION: Dar es Salaam
EngenderHealth’s vision is a world where sexual and reproductive health rights are respected as human rights, and women and girls have the freedom to reach their full potential. This emphasis on rights directly underpins EngenderHealth’s values and principles: choice, quality, and excellence. To achieve transformational change leading to true social and economic progress, EngenderHealth collaborates with diverse organizations across sectors with the shared goals of highlighting women’s value for sustainable development.
USAID Boresha Afya – Southern Zone is a five-year project that aims to support the Government of Tanzania (GoT) in increasing access to high quality, comprehensive and integrated health services, with a primary focus on HIV/AIDS, maternal, neonatal, child and reproductive health, malaria and nutrition outcomes. USAID Boresha Afya – Southern Zone covers geographic areas with high disease burden in Tanzania, namely Iringa, Njombe, Morogoro, Lindi, Mtwara and Ruvuma.
The Youth Advisor will function as part of HIV and SRH service team to provide technical leadership in implementation of HIV and SRH services to adolescents and youth for the USAID Boresha Afya Southern Zone program.
The Youth Advisor will be reporting to the Gender & Youth Manager. She/he will be supporting USAID Boresha Afya Southern Zone program staff and council staffs in planning, implementation and monitoring and evaluation of adolescent and youth HIV and SRH activities including integration of adolescent friendly health services.
• Take a leadership role in planning and implementation HIV and Adolescent Sexual and Reproductive Health (ASRH) services and other integrated services (HIV, FP, TB, MCH, post GBV care) in Regions and councils under USAID Boresha Afya Southern Zone supported regions
• Work with the Gender & Youth manager to identify high adolescents volume CTC sites to be supported under USAID Boresha Afya Soutrher Zone.
• Develop, disseminate and orient various partners on SOPs of various interventions related to ASRH/HIV for USAID Boresha Afya Southern Zone
• Plan and cordinate capacity building activities including trainings, mentorship and orientations on ASRHunder USAID Boresha Afya Southern Zone
• Advocate for integration of Adolescent Friendly Health Services (AFHS) in in CCHPs and other collaborative partners programs for sustainability.
• Promote community mobilization to meanginful engage relevant stakeholders (Caretakers, Service Providers, CHWs, CBHSPs and Adolescents living with HIV) to improve ART adherence and retention for viral suppression among ALHIV.
• Work with the DRCHCOs to identify trained health care workers on ASRH to conduct ASRH and gender education outreach sessions in schools and out schools based teen clubs managed by USAID Boresha Afya Southern Zone.
• Work with CSOs to support HIV positive children and adolescents to access group based psycho-social support.
• Provide technical assistance to R/CHMTs, CSOs and other USAID Southern Zone consortium partners in establishing and supporting ASRH teen clubs established by the program.
• Ensure availability of existing national policies, guidelines, strategies, protocols and SOPs related to HIV and RCH services for pediatrics, adolescent to all scale up councils under USAID Boresha Afya Southern Zone.
• Work with Gender & Youth Manager and the Regional Gender & Youth Program Officers in the USAID Boresha Afya supported regions to identify quarterly priority activities to increase the uptake of ASRH services among adolescents and youth
Support Monitoring of Adolescents HIV and ASRH activities
• Work with M&E department to develop and adopt tools for tracking the implementation of community based HIV and ASRH activities under USAID Boresha Afya Southern Zone
• Work with M&E team to ensure analysis of monthly and Quarterly HIV and ASRH cascade, disseminate and promote use of data in implementation of activities to the project team.
• Work with Senior Project Manager- ECD to provide technical support to R/CHMTs, CSOs and CCWs in implementation of ASRH activities through mentorship and supportive supervision
• Provide performance feedback to sites, Health Care Workers and the Regional teams offices under USAID Boresha Afya Southern Zone to improve adolescents and youth quality of services and care
Documentation and Reporting of ASRH activities
• Assist the Gender & Youth Manager in preparing project program workplan, quarterly and annual reports that inform actual implementation and progress on adolescent and youth SRH/HIV interventions of USAID Boresha Afya Southern Zone.
• Work with Regional Gender & Youth Program Officers to review and share monthly, Quarterly activities report
• Document and share lessons learnt and best practices in ASRH activities implementation supported by the USAID Boresha Afya Southern Zone
• Perform any other duties as assigned by supervisorRead Also:
NEW TANZANIAN JOBS OPPORUNITIES 2019 (6,250+ POSTS)
• The incumbent candidate s/he is expected to have a university degree (BA, BSc) in a related, relevant field (e.g. public health, international development, social sciences, anthropology, or a related field), and a Master’s degree in a relevant field.
• Minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in providing technical assistance in areas related Adolescent and youth sexual reproductive health. Experience working for international agencies and USAID-funded health programs is preferred.
• Experience in service integration, provider and supervisor training and follow-up, referral systems, and development of client-responsive static and mobile/outreach services;
• Experience designing and implementing Sexuality, youth friendly and gender transformative programming.
• Experience networking with organizations and leading a participatory process with local organizations to identify needs and solutions
• Experience facilitating youth and gender transformative workshops
• Experience developing and leading assessments in relation to gender, sexuality and youth friendly programs
• Excellent interpersonal skills (e.g., active listening, cultural competence, responsiveness).
• Fluency in Kiswahili and English is required.
• Ability to travel approximately 30% of his/her time to supervise and support field activities
Please visit the careers page at www.engenderhealth.org or click the link at the end of this advert to submit you details online by 17th March 2019.
EngenderHealth provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment, without regard to race, creed, ancestry, citizenship, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, political belief, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, marital status or disability or any other protected characteristic under applicable federal, state and local laws.