Beware of Job Scammers!
Please Never Pay Money To Get A Job!
Beware of Job Scammers!
Please Never Pay Money To Get A Job!
Jobs in Tanzania 2019: New Job Opportunity at International Organization for Migration (IOM) - Tanzania, Dar es salaam | Deadline: 22nd April, 2019
AJIRA TANZANIA 2019 / NAFASI ZA KAZI 2019
Position title National Officer – Identity Management
Position grade NO
Duty station Dar es Salaam
II. ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT AND SCOPE
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the overall supervision of the Programme Coordinator, and the direct supervision of the Project Manager in Dar Es Salaam, the successful candidate will provide managerial support and supervision for the implementation of IOM Tanzania’s Migrant Registration Support for Tanzania (MiREG) project and its related activities.
III. RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Backstop the MiREG Project Manager in the direct implementation and reporting of the MiREG, project in close coordination with the partners and the donor as needed;
- Take the lead in orchestrating a positive outcome of the COMMIST2 consultations and actively lead the discussions as applicable. Ensure follow-up of COMMIST2 with all relevant stakeholders to ensure its application throughout the project;
- Evaluate the planned activities under MiREG through monitoring assessments; along with the Project Manager, ensure all monitoring and evaluation of the project, including tracking that project targets are being met through the use of pre-defined indicators; ensure results-based monitoring and reporting; carry out field visits, quantitative and qualitative analysis and preparation of evaluation reports;
- In coordination with the Project Manager, ensure the implementation of the migrant registration fairs throughout Tanzania;
- In coordination with the Project Manager, ensure the implementation of capacity-building initiatives on identity and border management, assist on the organization of competency-based training needs assessments and mainstreaming such training within national border management training programmes
- Support the development of the Mission resources mobilization strategies in the area of immigration and border management, taking into account national and donor priorities in Tanzania;
- Develop and update relevant assessment tools on identity management needs and activities, particularly in relation to irregular migration and counters muggling and other areas;
- Guide the implementation of IBM programming with a focus on technical aspects and quality assurance through close monitoring and supervision;
- Report on achievements and challenges of planned activities and monitor quality assurance and quality control, pertaining to IBM;
- Liaise with stakeholders from the Government, One UN partners (e.g. UNICEF, UNFPA, UNHCR, UNAIDS, WHO, ILO), private sector companies, donors, civil society and academia;
- When required act as OiC of the project on behalf of the Project Manager;
- Supervise programme support staff providing assistance to project implementation;
- Perform any other duties as required.
IV. CORE COMPETENCIES
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
• Fosters a sense of team spirit by developing a shared understanding, accountability and enthusiasm for the team’s work.
• Displays a high level of cultural awareness, sensitivity to different ways of working and leverages individual strengths in order to build a better team.
• Shares credit for team accomplishments and ensures that the contribution of others is recognized.
• Helps create a positive team spirit, putting aside personal considerations to help the team achieve its goals.Read Also:
NEW TANZANIAN JOBS OPPORUNITIES 2019 (1,250+ POSTS)
• Produces high-quality results and workable solutions that meet clients’ needs.
• Anticipates constraints, identifies solutions and takes responsibility for addressing critical situations.
• Monitors own and others’ work in a systematic and effective way, ensuring required resources and outputs.
• Aligns projects with Organization’s mission and objectives and demonstrates a good understanding of the impact of team’s and own work on external and internal counterparts.
Managing and sharing knowledge
• Disseminates and shares knowledge openly and actively contributes to knowledge/network communities for topics relevant to area of expertise.
• Encourages knowledge-sharing across units/departments and ensures that knowledge is captured, recorded and disseminated appropriately.
• Builds networks for the effective communication and exchange of knowledge and ideas and puts others into contact with various sources of knowledge.
• Contributes to an environment that is conducive to innovation and learning.
• Proactively seeks responsibility in delivering towards the goals of the Organization.
• Plans and organizes work with a clear and deliberate focus, ensuring commitments are easily identified and progress is widely communicated.
• Stands by the actions of team or department, publicly accepting ownership.
• Takes responsibility of own shortcomings and those of the work unit, where applicable.
• Speaks and writes clearly and effectively.
• Seeks to share information with others, with due respect for diversity and the confidentiality of specific sensitive information.
• Listens and seeks to understand without bias and responds appropriately.
• Shares information and keeps others up to date; actively seeks others’ views and ideas and respects their contribution.
• Assigns responsibilities fairly and manages performance, taking account of individual strengths, workloads and interests.
• Is inclusive in decision-making and actively seeks feedback from team members and colleagues in order to identify opportunities for improvement.
• Takes sound and timely managerial decisions that are consistent with the Organization’s vision and purpose.
• Establishes and maintains relationships with a broad range of stakeholders to understand needs and gain support.
Empowering others & building trust
• Delegates appropriately to make the most of others’ talents, clarifying expectations and allowing autonomy in important areas while providing necessary support.
• Encourages others to take responsibility for their performance; promotes ownership, responsibility and accountability for desired results at all levels.
• Creates an atmosphere of trust and confidence in which others can talk and act without fear of repercussion.
• Gives proper credit to others, shows appreciation and rewards achievement and effort.
Strategic thinking & vision
• Aligns own actions to the Organization’s vision, values and mandate.
• Translates strategic direction into short and medium-term plans and objectives for own team; revises objectives to reflect changes in organizational goals.
• Identifies key issues/priorities in complex situations and how they may be related to one another.
• Clearly communicates links between the Organization’s strategy and the work unit’s goals.
V. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Master’s degree in Law or Political Social Science, Migration Studies, Biometrics or other related field;
• A minimum of five years’ experience in project and team management with International NGO’s and/or International Organizations in Tanzania;
• Demonstrated knowledge of mixed migration, irregular migration, asylum, smuggling of migrants and the EAC Common Market Protocol and experience in capacity building of government officers;
• Demonstrated project planning and implementation skills;
• Verified capacity to work independently, actively finding solutions and achieving results with limited supervision;
• Experience in monitoring of projects activities and liaison with the Tanzanian Government;
• Prior experience in biometrics and identity management desired;
• Familiarity with the Tanzania Immigration Services Department advantageous
• Fluency in English and Kiswahili is required
• Working knowledge of French is considered an advantage
How to apply:
Interested candidates should fill in the PH form, submit CV’s and cover letter indicating Vacancy Notice number with 3 professional references and contacts to [email protected].int
Or send applications to the address below;
International Organization for Migration Mission in the United Republic of Tanzania
Slipway Road, off Chole Road, Plot # 1365 Msasani. PO Box 9270 Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Kindly note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted & Vacancy is only open for Tanzanian
Posting Period: 8th April to 22nd April 2019.