Beware of Job Scammers!
Please Never Pay Money To Get A Job!
Beware of Job Scammers!
Please Never Pay Money To Get A Job!
AJIRA TANZANIA 2019 / NAFASI ZA KAZI 2019
Job Title: Operations Manager-Africa Region
Job ID: 47588
OFFICE LOCATION: Nairobi, Kenya. Arusha, Tanzania; Lusaka, Zambia.
A LITTLE ABOUT US
Founded in 1951, the Nature Conservancy is a global conservation organization dedicated to conserving the lands and waters on which all life depends. Guided by science, we create innovative, on-the-ground solutions to our world's toughest challenges so that nature and people can thrive together. We are tackling climate change, conserving lands, waters and oceans at unprecedented scale, providing food and water sustainably and helping make cities more sustainable. One of our core values is our commitment to diversity. Therefore, we strive for a globally diverse and culturally competent workforce. Working in 72 countries, including all 50 United States, we use a collaborative approach that engages local communities, governments, the private sector, and other partners. To learn more, visit www.nature.org or follow @nature_press on Twitter.
YOUR POSITION WITH TNC
The Operations Manager – Africa region will provide overall leadership for all operations functions in the program. The Operations Manager will be responsible for Procurement, Logistics and Assets Management, Contracts, Facilities, Office Management, Payments, Organization Tax matters, Compliance to TNC Policy and Procedures and local laws.
The Operations Manager will work towards meeting the strategic priorities of the Africa program by developing and coordinating the operative plans and overseeing day-to-day tasks. S/he is responsible for managing central administrative functions, facility management, telecommunications, central filing, telephone/public reception, maintaining office supplies and equipment, asset and fleet management, insurance covers and renewals across all countries in the region. The Operations Manager is the lead Procurement Manager and Payments Manager for the region and champion for compliance in all areas of operations. The Operations Manager is responsible for development and implementation of annual operational budgets and provide inputs for proposals. S/He will contribute to the development of new guidelines and report to senior leadership on functional activities. The Operations manager will work in close cooperation with any or all the following: vendors, public agencies, and legal, tax and accounting professionals. S/he will work closely with conservation staff, business leads in HR, legal, immigration, Finance and IT amongst others. They will adhere to and advise on the organization's policies and procedures. They will provide advice, recommendations, and broad training related to operations and payment procedures. The Operations Manager will maintain expert knowledge of the systems and resources utilized by the team and apply knowledge to managing support and planning communications related to the resources. They will manage documentation, initiate complex processes, and serve as key team member for the enhancement of systems and tools. They will lead diverse activities, analyze situations, evaluate alternatives, project outcomes, and implement solutions to improve effectiveness
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE
- Act independently, exercise independent judgment to identify and solve operations complex problems;
- Design and manage multiple projects, directing work of staff, setting deadlines, and ensuring accountability;
- Design and plan new initiatives that will ensure department and organization-wide goals and strategies are achieved;
- Direct or participate in negotiations for complex or sensitive agreements;
- Ensure programmatic commitments, Conservancy policies and procedures, are met and managed for compliance. Decisions may have program-wide impact and may bind the organization financially or legally;
- Champion for compliance of TNC policy and procedures
- Develop and monitor Operations budget, forecast and sustainability
- Develop and monitor procedures for compliance and recommend for amendments
- Oversee day-to-day operational activities such as purchasing, processing invoices, expense reports and cash advances, negotiating, and contracting with vendors; ensure program expenditures are in accordance with the TNC policy and procedures, cost principles and the donors.
- Manage and oversee Asset and inventory, depreciation of assets, insurance covers and renewals,
- Coordinate with Finance and accounting vendors for in- country audits
- Custodian for in regions contracts; review and approve contracts/consultancies; manage and oversee procurement and ensure compliance
- Ensure contracted vendors carry required insurance coverage and that appropriate documentation is obtained and maintained;
- In region lead person for tax compliance matters
- Maintain confidentiality of frequently sensitive and emotionally-charged information;
- Manage team accountability for strategic goals related to functional area;
- Supervise one or more administrative or professional staff, including training and professional development;
- Travel frequently and on short notice, working long or flexible hours as needed; and
- Work environment involves only infrequent exposure to disagreeable elements and minor physical exertion and/or strain.
- Manage or oversee activities related to in-country legal, labor and financial compliance.
- Liaise and coordinate with WO treasury on invoice payments.
- Manage and oversee local accounting vendor.
- Manage and oversee relationships with other vendors and service providers as needed.
- Manage and/or oversee invoice processing.
- Manage all Operations aspects of entry into new countries in the region and exit from countries where TNC is ceasing operations.
- Bachelor’s degree and 6 – 10 years’ experience or equivalent combination of managing operations functions at the equivalent level;
- Finance / Accounting and Auditing experience;
- Proficiency in interpreting guidelines and manipulating, analyzing, and interpreting data;
- Multi-country experience in the Africa region
- Experience leading and implementing multiple projects;
- Experience generating financial reports, and analyzing and interpreting data;
- Experience developing and administering departmental budget or equivalent;
- Experience negotiating agreements;
- Experience working with diverse teams across an organization
- Supervisory experience including setting objectives, managing performance, and conflict resolution.
- Proven strong people and training skills
- Legally authorized to work in the desired locations
- Experience managing to the highest ethical standard;
NEW TANZANIAN JOBS OPPORUNITIES 2019 (1,010+ POSTS)
- Expert knowledge of current and evolving trends in relevant discipline, preferably in a non-profit environment;
- Multi-lingual skills and multi-cultural or cross-cultural experiences are appreciated;
- Ability to work in partnership with others in a collaborative or advisory role;
- Demonstrated ability to conceive and write creatively for various audiences;
- Experience in Risk management
- Experience developing, managing, and implementing goals, plans, and complex processes;
- Expertise in current and evolving technology related to field of experience;
- Successful experience managing and implementing strategic program goals;
- Superior planning and problem-solving skills;
- Accounting degree and CPA accreditation; and/or
- Non-profit GAAP accounting experience
Builds productive relationships by interacting with others in ways that enhance mutual trust and commitment.
Collaboration &a Teamwork
Works collaboratively with stakeholders across levels, geographies, backgrounds, and cultures to improve decisions, strengthen commitment, and be more effective.
Communicates proactively and in a timely manner to share information, persuade, and influence with the appropriate level of detail, tone, and opportunities for feedback.
Takes ownership to help develop others’ skills, behaviors, and mindsets to help them maximize their workplace contributions.
Demonstrates commitment to harnessing the power of differences strategically; consistently sees, learns from, and takes strategic action related to difference; and demonstrates the self-awareness and behaviors to work across differences of identity and power respectfully and effectively with all stakeholder. Actively seeks to build and retain a diverse workforce and fosters an equitable inclusive workplace by drawing upon diverse perspectives.
Thinks and acts from a broad perspective with a long-term view and an understanding of 1) the dynamic nature of large-scale challenges and 2) the need for integrating five key practices: skillfully engaging appropriate people; providing a clear process for change; taking a holistic view of situations; focusing on a small number of strategic actions, while learning from and adapting them over time; and being aware of how one’s own thinking or patterns of behavior may be limiting change.
For full Job profile and how to apply please visit http://careers.nature.org and search for Job Id 47588
Submit CV and cover letter separately using the upload buttons online. All applications must be submitted in the system prior to end of day May 23rd, 2019.