Other Dar es Salaam District Dar Es Salaam
HelpAge International wishes to recruit a Communications Officer (CO) who will be based in Dar es Salaam with frequent field visits to support programmes implemented in collaboration with different partners.
A summary of the job purpose and person specification is indicated below while the full Job Description will be made available on request.
To manage HelpAge International’s media, communication and publicity activities, consistent with its mandate of promoting the needs and rights of older people in Tanzania. The post holder will plan, implement and manage a wide range of publicity activities in line with the organisational strategies, values and principles reaching diverse audiences in the country.
We are looking for a dynamic person who is capable on assuming overall responsibility of developing and ensuring effective implementation of communication plans and strategies that build Helpage’s profile and advocate for older people’s inclusion in government policies, plans and programmes in the country.
- At least a Bachelor's Degree in Mass communications, public relations or any other related field
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working at an international NGO
- High level understanding of social issues including gender, disability and ageing
- Experience working in a multicultural environment
- Demonstratable ability to engage with CSOs and Government structures at all levels
- Excellent verbal, written communication, interpersonal and networking skills
- Experience of closely working with the media and managing organisation’s social media platforms
- High level of fluency in written and spoken Kiswahili and English
- Proven track record of handling basic project related roles
- Ability to work under pressure and at short deadlines
- Advanced IT skills is an added advantage
Interested applicants should send their CVs (not exceeding 2 pages) and a cover letter stating their suitability for the position.
Applications must be received by 07th May 2018.Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Do not send any certificates at this stage.
HelpAge International is an equal opportunity employer.
HelpAge International wishes to recruit a Communications Officer (CO) who will be based in Dar es Salaam.