Project Manager at Amref Health Africa - Tanzania, April 2018
NAFASI ZA KAZI/AJIRA AMREF TANZANI
JOB VACANCYAmref Health Africa is an independent, non-profit, non-governmental organization (NGO) whose mission is "to improve the health of people by partnering with and empowering communities and strengthening health systems". Amref Health Africa has over 500 employees throughout Africa with its headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya. Amref Health Africa has offices in Tanzania, Ethiopia, Kenya, Uganda, and South Africa, South Sudan and Senegal and a number of offices in Europe and North America for fundraising.
Amref Health Africa in Tanzania is largely supported by Multilateral, Corporate, Bilateral and National donors, implementing several programmes including HIV/AIDS/TB/Malaria, Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn and Child Health, Water and sanitation, Capacity Building, Laboratory strengthening and clinical outreach. Amref Health Africa in Tanzania has the following vacancy in Dar es Salaam region to be based in Dar es Salaam.
Amref Health Africa in Tanzania is implementing a two year project funded by The Coca Cola Africa Foundation (TCCAF)titledReplenish Africa Initiative-RAIN in Serengeti district.To create synergy this project is implementing strategies and approaches which integrate Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) programmes into livelihood, nutrition and food security activities. The project is focusing on strengthening community WASH management and governance systems increasingly transforming them from subsidy to non-subsidy based orientation for sustainability. The project is implement a set of high impact activities related to three key themes namely: increasing access to water; increasing access to safer sanitation and increasing livelihood opportunities for women and youths. In the inter-vention package, we will strive to ensure equity and inclusion by paying particular attention to the chronically poor, designing systems which are usable by disabled and ensuring that gender is main-streamed in every action. In order to deliver this project, Amref Health Africa in Tanzania is seeking to recruit a highly motivated and competent project manager as follows.
PROJECT MANAGER- RAIN PROJECT
WORK STATION: SERENGETI DISTRICT
REPORTS TO: PROGRAMME MANAGER - WASH
To provide technical support to the Programme Manager on the implementation of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene interventions and ensure timely implementation of project activities to achieve the project targets of the planned activities.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES: -
• Accountable to the implementation of project activities - planning, supervision and monitoring of Urban sanitation
• Take a lead role in community mobilization for awareness creation; capacity building to community on solid waste management.
• Implement planned activities and prepare activity reports, monthly reports and donor reports.
• Develop quarterly plans and budgets,
• Support in developing water infrastructure leading to an increased access to safe water for domestic and productive purposes
• Support to improve access to sanitation and hygiene practices in the target communities
• Support to improve youth and women economic empowerment in the target communities
• Accountable on development of sglocial business enterprise (women groups/youth groups) to support marketing of their products
• In liaison with Programme Manager ensure proper communication and involvement with district partners on implementation of project activities.
• Support programme Manager in programme development, concept note and proposal writing in consistent with Amref Health programme goal and strategy.
• Develop and document best practices resulted from the implementation Urban sanitation for improved health and Livelihood project activities
• Work closely with local and national government structures for communication and dissemination forums.
• In liaison with programme Manager ensure the effective communication and networking developed and maintained through partnership and collaboration.
PROFFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
1. Postgraduate degree in one of the disciplines relevant to the following areas: Environmental Engineering / Water and environmental Resources management, Environmental Science; Hydrology
2.At least 5 years working experience in NGOs - particularly on community based WASH projects in consortium of multi-stakeholders (communities, local government, and donor).
3. Experience in community development and participatory methodologies
4. Experience in Monitoring and Evaluation of WASH projects
5.Knowledge of national policies and strategies relating to WASH
6.Knowledge of international strategies relating to WASH towards implementation of the SDGs,
7. Experience in using CLTs model to address Open defecation is an added advantage
1. Pro-active and innovative attitude
2.Ability to work independently
How to Apply
If you meet the criteria given above and interested in the vacancies, please send an application letter and CV combined in as one document indicating your present employer and position, daytime telephone contact, names and addresses of two referees. To be considered, your application must be received by 16.30 hrs on 4th May 2018. All correspondence should be directed to: Email: [email protected]
Amref health Africa - Tanzania regrets that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Amref Health Africa in Tanzania is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy;
Women and People with disability are encouraged to Apply
Source: The Guardian April 25, 2018