Health Management Information Systems Manager (HMIS Manager) at Marie Stopes Tanzania (MST)
NAFASI ZA KAZI/AJIRA MARIE STOPES TANZANIA (MST) MAY/JUNE 2018
Health Management Information Systems Manager (HMIS Manager)
Job Purpose: The HMIS Manager will be responsible for developing, upgrading and maintaining Marie Stopes Tanzania's (MST's) health management information system (HMIS) for the highest quality and accurate MST's routine clinical data. S/he will also provide IT technical support to the Research department and other teams within MST (with technical oversight from the IT Lead).
TANZANIAN NEW EMPLOYMENT OPPORUNITIES (800+ POSTS)
- Develop, upgrade and maintain MST's health management information system for the highest quality and accurate MST's routine clinical data:
- Provide IT technical support to the Health Systems department, Research team and other teams within MST;
- Support the IT Lead to update inventory of all IT equipment relating to health information and perform backups regularly as indicated in the Marie Stopes International protocols;
- Meet minimum data quality standards of data reported, making thorough reviews, providing constructive feedback, quality collation and maintain attention to details while uploading field data into MST's HMIS;
- Lead the HMIS team effectively for capacity building and broadening the team's understanding of the Vision, Framework and Strategic plan for collecting relevant and realist data;
- Report internally and where required, externally accurately and timely.
- Degree in IT, or equivalent qualification from a recognized University;
- 3 years experience working in an administrative capacity within an office environment, preferably with an International NGO;
- Direct experience of developing, or maintaining health management information systems with reputable health organization(s);
- Previous experience in the role of IT support is preferable;
- Previous experience in data quality monitoring and assessment is desirable;
- Previous experience in data aggregation and management is preferable;
- Good communication skills, working w ell independently, as well as part of the team;
- Strong written and verbal English and Kiswahili languages skills;
- Proven ability to interpret verbal, written and numerical data;
- Demonstrated experiences of actively collaboration with both internal and external stake holders;
- Proven ability to design M&E tools, surveys, surveillance systems, and evaluation;
- Experience in M&E preferably related to capacity building, health systems strengthening programs/projects;
- Strong commitment to the goals, Mission and Vision of MST/ MSI.
Mode of Application:
If you feel that you are able to meet the requirements and you are motivated enough to be part of the team , please send your application including a CV and cover letter detailing your suitability and why you are interested in this post to the address below;
Director of Human Resources and Administration
Marie Stopes Tanzania
P. 0. Box 7072,
Dar Es Salaam.
Telephone: +255 (0) 0768987780
E-mail: [email protected]
Closing date: All applications should reach the addressee before Friday June 1, 2018 COB.
Please Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.