Beware of Job Scammers!
Please Never Pay Money To Get A Job!
Beware of Job Scammers!
Please Never Pay Money To Get A Job!
NAFASI ZA KAZI/AJIRA JHPIEGO
Jhpiego is an international non-profit health organization affiliated with the Johns Hopkins University. For more than 42 years now, Jhpiego has empowered front-line health workers by designing and implementing effective, low-cost, hands-on solutions to strengthen the delivery of health care services for women and their families. By putting evidence-based health innovations into everyday practice, Jhpiego works to break down barriers to high-quality health care for the world's most vulnerable populations. Jhpiego, implementing a number of projects in Tanzania, wishes to recruit a Implant Removal Project Coordinator - Gates Implant Removal Project.
Implant Removal Project Coordinator [one position based in Dar es Salaam]
The Implant Removal Project Coordinator will be responsible for the coordination of all activities related to this initiative in Tanzania. With strong family planning background, in the first six months of implementation, the Implant Removal Project Coordinator is expected to liaise closely with the PI, co-investigators and the study management and technical team in both Tanzania and Jhpiego Headquarters in Baltimore USA to develop appropriate study protocols and ensure their approval by relevant agencies before the landscape assessment. S/he will lead overall study implementation of the study per study protocol and manage logistics and facilitation pieces to ensure appropriate study training of research assistants and other study staff.
TANZANIAN NEW EMPLOYMENT OPPORUNITIES (800+ POSTS)
S/he will oversee data collection, quality, management and storage and to make sure that the study is conducted with adherence to the study protocol. S/he will also be responsible for producing periodic reports on the study progress and summary of the results. He/she will, coordinate development of final study report and the related writing workshops,,to develop abstracts/manuscripts and disseminate study results. The Implant Removal Project Coordinator will be based in Dar es Salaam with extensive travel to regions where the landscape analysis will be implemented. The Implant Removal Project Coordinator will provide program management oversight on phase two of the project implementation. S/he will lead the efforts to link identified gaps from the landscape analysis, with program planning efforts on implant removal programs under the leadership of the program director.
• Provide inputs to finalize the research protocol
• Facilitate creation of final versions of IRB submissions, study related tools, lead submission and follow up with IRB agencies for approvals. Ensures maintenance of IRB status
• Develop/ adapt standard operating procedures for project activities
• Develop work plan for project implementation
• With finance staff, ensure necessary payments while conducting fieldwork
• Assist in hiring and training of project staff
• Set up regional and district meetings to introduce the project, in collaboration with project management and technical teams
• Collaborate with study management and technical teams to put into place all implementation pieces for study roll out
• Collaborate with Senior Health Informatics Advisor to set up data management systems for the project
• Oversee data collection in field; conduct quality data checks and oversee overall management and storage of data to ensure adherence to protocol in project sites
• Support data verification and cleaning
• Liaise regularly with Pls and co-investigators with updates on the project progress
• Submit summary reports of the progress and initial findings by the reporting dates
• Meet regularly to feedback initial findings and discussion on data management process
• Assists in analysis of study data
• Coordinate development of the project reports and related writing workshops to develop abstracts/manuscripts to disseminate study results.
Project coordination and management
• Support project operational planning and monitoring
• Lead the project reporting internally and to the donor
• Work with the finance officer/manager on budget monitoring to ensure alignment with activity implementation
• Represent Jhpiego to various stakeholders in close collaboration with program director and senior team management members
• Other responsibilities as assigned
• Completion of University-level degree in demography, social sciences, statistics. MA preferred. A background in health science or related discipline is also an advantage
• At least 6 years work experience in health research and project implementation.
• Demonstrated experience with IRS-approved research studies (research done during studies does not qualify)
• Proven experience on performing quantitative and qualitative analysis
• Strong organizational and time-management skills
• Detail oriented and excellent communication skills
• Strong research and communication/writing skills
• Fluency in written and verbal English and Kiswahili.
• Experience in research and monitoring in a clinical setting required
• Experience with FP and Reproductive health work with donor-funded programs will be an additional advantage
• Previous experience working for an international NGO
• Familiarity with Tanzanian health system
• Knowledge of family planning reproductive health issues preferred
Jhpiego is an equal opportunity employer and offers a competitive package to the selected candidates in line with academic qualifications and relevant experience. The application email should have a subject fine reading - Application for Implant Removal Project Coordinator - based in Dar es Salaam, so that we do not miss your application.
Send the application through email at [email protected]
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The closing date for applications is two weeks after the first appearance of this advert.
Caution to the applicants:
There have been some bogus adverts online that require candidates to apply through some email addresses of public domains e.g. Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc. Kindly note: [email protected] is the address to use all the time. Please ignore any of those adverts. We also do not charge any application fee nor entertain any meetings or telephone calls. If shortlisted, you will get an official call from our office and receive required steps. If you suspect any wrong - doing kindly write to the Director of Human Resource, through [email protected]
Source: The Guardian May 31, 2018