Level 3 - the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people.
ROLE PURPOSE: Work closely with local implementing partners, SC Child protection staff, and members of the Education sector working Group, UNHCR and other UN agencies, to ensure that the programme goals are achieved. Specific areas of concern are the provision of temporary learning opportunities for out of school children in Nduta refugee camp. The post holder provides overall leadership for the sector, and ensures that SC vision and overall program goals related to the sector are met.
NEW TANZANIAN JOBS OPPORUNITIES (1000+ POSTS)
He/she is responsible for contributing to proposal development in line with SC goals and strategic directions.
He/she is responsible for providing managerial, technical, and administrative support to partner staff during the implementation of an integrated program. For purposes of ensuring healthy collaboration between SC's response and other actors in refugee education/protection, the officer will actively participate in education-related activities and meetings.
Reports to: Field Manager/Emergency Response Manager , Kibondo
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- University Degree in Education, Social Sciences or related technical field.
- Three year progressive experience in implementation of Education programmes, refugee education, non-formal education, Life skills or related field.
- Previous experience in working with teacher training programs, vocational training programs, Early Childhood Care and Development -ECCD or Accelerated Education Programs (AEP) in emergency contexts is desirable.
- Good knowledge and understanding of INEE Minimum Standards, SPHERE and Do No Harm practices in emergency humanitarian response.
- Previous work experience in Kigoma region and the Burundi refugee response is an added advantage.
- Good command of the English and Kiswahili/Kirundi languages is an asset
- Excellent Computing and data management skills.
- Ability to adapt and work effectively in remote areas, work in a challenging work environment.
- Ability to take personal responsibility for completing tasks to a high standard and to meet deadlines.
- Willingness to work flexibly and professionally in a dynamic and fast-moving environment.
This is an emergency recruitment. Applicants may be interviewed before the closing date and the selected candidate must be available to commence duty immediately.
Location: Tanzania, Tanzania
Contract - Full-Time
Closing date: Friday 6 July 2018
All jobs close at midnight UK time on the date specified