ICT Trainer Job Opportunity Kigoma at Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) -Tanzania Nationals Only | Deadline: 7th June, 2018Closing date: Thursday, 7 June 2018
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world's largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
TANZANIAN NEW EMPLOYMENT OPPORUNITIES (800+ POSTS)
NRC is therefore seeking a ICT Trainer for the NRC Office in Kasulu-Kigoma, Tanzania. The ICT Trainer will report to the Education Officer
To apply for this position please go to NRC website at www.nrc.no and follow the 'VACANCIES' link.
Email and paper applications will not be considered.
1. Adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
2. Prepare pedagogical documents as required by the program management
3. Promote and share ideas for technical improvement
4. Support the implementation of NRC's Education programme policy through working with programme management.
5. Perform according to the work and development plan
6. To undertake any additional duties determined by the line manager and/or Education Manager.
7. Prepare a scheme of work, lesson plan and lesson notes so as to teach effectively
8. Identify and select different instructional resources, materials and to meet learners varying needs
9. Manage and control learners behaviour and conducts in and outside the classroom by establishing, regulating and enforcing class roles and regulations
10. Prepare, share with the education officer and post the daily activity time table in the classroom
11. Participate in meetings and be cooperative with all staff, learners, parents and the community
12. Plan of ICT training activities and clarify the important themes to be developed throughout the training
13. Prepare in advance lessons and materials to avoid wasting time during teaching and learning activities,
14. Train youth on ICT and other computer related skills
15. Regularly monitor training materials and report to management on their use.
16. Monitor and record students' attendance and progression and communicate with the supervisor.
17. Protect and maintain safety of ICT training room.
18. Provide ICT related service/assistance at the center or elsewhere where NRC is operating.
A bachelor degree from a university in ICT or other related field;
Knowledge and a minimum of three years' work experience in ICT training;
Proven knowledge and work experience in the field of ICT;
Professional experience confirmed as a computer trainer;
Proficiency in MS Windows and MS Office, Database Management Systems (MS Access, SIG, computer graphics software etc).
At all times in and outside work adhere to NRC code of conduct
Academy college / University
Maintain confidentiality at all times
Strong reporting skills in English and a big advantage with language skills in French and Kirundi/Kiha.
Travel: Some travelling must be expected
Click the button below to visit the original announcement on the recruiting organization's website.