IT Support Technician Job Vacancy at ALISTAIR Group Tanzania | June 2018Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, United Republic of
Department: Information Technology
Type: Full Time
Min. Experience: Mid Level
We are looking for a qualified IT Technician that will install and maintain computer systems and networks aiming for the highest functionality. You will also “train” users of the systems to make appropriate and safe usage of the IT infrastructure.
A successful IT Technician must have a thorough knowledge of computer software and hardware and a variety of internet applications, networks and operating systems. The ideal candidate will also have great troubleshooting abilities and attention to detail.
The goal is to build and maintain updated and efficient computer systems and networks to optimize the role of technology on business sustainability.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assistance in technical design, planning, implementation, performance-tuning and maintenance of critical enterprise systems (SAP)
- Assistance in installation and configuration of network devices (e.g.: routers, access points)
- Maintenance of company e-mail system and accounts
- Maintenance of all ICT equipment used by employees in the course of their duties
- Diagnosis of problems affecting ICT equipment and/or Internet connectivity
- Follow-up and supervision of third-party service-providers when they are onsite.
- Provide basic training to new employees on how to utilize any ICT equipment required
- Identification of ways to improve the service provided by the ICT department to the company
NEW TANZANIAN JOBS OPPORUNITIES (1000+ POSTS)
- Advanced Diploma, Bachelor’s degree or equivalent award from a well-known institution
- Certifications such as CCNA & CISA is a bonus
- Extensive working experience will be considered
- High-level of communication skills in English and Swahili (Portuguese a plus)
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems quickly and without a high-degree of supervision
- Experience working at a technical support / help desk supporting a high number of employees at multiple locations
- Experience with Google Apps for Business (G Suite)
- Experience setting-up, deploying, and servicing Microsoft Windows based desktops / laptops
- Experience setting-up and servicing mobile devices (e.g.: phones and tablets)
- Basic knowledge of networking configuration and maintenance
- Wireless network setup and security
- Cyberoam or an equivalent firewall appliance
- Basic experience with MS SQL Server 2012+ or another relational database
- Basic Knowledge of ERP systems such as SAP, Oracle or Sage is a big plus
- Experience with the installation and maintenance of GPS devices a plus
- Experience with the installation and maintenance of CCTV IP-based cameras a plus