Midline Evaluation Consultancy Job Vacancy at Restless Development - Tanzania | Deadline: July 10, 2018Midline Evaluation Consultancy for European Commission Kijana Wajibika programme
Closing date: July 10, 2018 at 16.00pm (Tanzanian time).
Location: The assignment is expected to take place in 36 wards, within 5 regions namely Dar es Salaam, Pwani, Morogoro, Iringa and Kilimanjaro covering both rural and urban areas.
NEW TANZANIAN JOBS OPPORUNITIES (1000+ POSTS)
ABOUT RESTLESS DEVELOPMENT
Restless Development (formerly Student Partnerships Worldwide) is a youth-led international development agency currently working in 10 countries across Sub-Saharan Africa, South Asia, the USA and the UK. In Tanzania, Restless Development focuses on delivering rights-based youth development initiatives in rural and urban Tanzania using peer-to-peer education and youth volunteering to achieve its mission of “placing young people at the forefront of change and development”.
ABOUT THE EVALUATION CONSULTANCY
Restless Development in partnership with Tanzania Bora Initiative secured fund from European Commission to implement Kijana Wajibika project; a three years project (2016-2019) targeting young men and women aged 15-35, the project seek to empower young people with knowledge, skills and networks, connect them to meaningful opportunities to participate, support them to curate official data and generate their own, then they will lead in driving accountability for commitments made by their leaders during the election period, the national development framework and Global Goals for sustainable development in five districts of Tanzania Main land; Temeke, Kibaha, Morogoro Urban, Iringa Rural and Moshi.
The midline evaluation will identify, review and assess the current status of Indicators for Kijana Wajibika Project within project area.
● A university degree at the postgraduate level in the social sciences, management or other relevant field of study. Masters degree/ PhD in Community Development, Sociology Mass media Will be an added advantage
● Proven work experience in use of participatory evaluation methods and surveying techniques;
● Demonstrated experience assessing complex situations in order to succinctly and clearly distil critical issues;
● Experience in leading multi-disciplinary teams to deliver quality products in high stress and short deadline situations;
● Previous volunteer experience is an asset;
Skills / Technical Knowledge:
● Excellent written and presentation skills (English)
● Excellent analytical and report writing skills;
● Strong communication skills 6
● Must be a self-starter and be able to work independently with excellent demonstrated teamwork, coordination and facilitation skills;
● Ability to work in the multi-cultural team environment and to deliver under pressure/meet deadlines
● Ability to network with partners on various levels
● Comfortable with the necessary computer skills.
● Expert knowledge of English.
● Knowledge of local language would be an asset.
Interested candidates should send:
● An expression of interest (cover letter) indicating availability.
● An updated CV (including references from previous assignments).
● Economic proposal and technical proposal (including a methodological) to [email protected]
For more information, please download the Terms of Reference below.
TO DOWNLOAD THE TERMS OF REFERENCE CLICK HERE