Project Manager Job Kizazi Kipya Project at Community Development and Relief Trust (CODERT) | Deadline: 18th June 2018Location: Ilemela Mwanza
Call for Job Application: CODERT – Kizazi Kipya Project
The Community Development and Relief Trust (CODERT). CODERT is duly registered in 23rd June, 2005 under the Ministry of Home affairs with vide registration no. SO.13191. CODERT is a voluntary, on profit, non-governmental, non partisan organization without any political or religious affiliation, whose members endeavor to achieve its aims and objectives in the best interest of its members, functionaries and beneficiaries.
NEW TANZANIAN JOBS OPPORUNITIES (1000+ POSTS)
VISION-‘Capacitated communities that fully utilize available resources in a sustainable way towards socio economic improvement of rural and urban poor households in Tanzania by the year 2025”.
MISSION-‘To empower the poor and marginalized communities to realize their potentials to attain and sustain economic and social advancement through community mobilization, capacity building, access to savings and credit services and institutional support for youth and women groups development”
CODERT - Kizazi kipya project is a 5-year project funded by USAID in which CODERT is implementing as a Sub grantee to Pact-Tanzania in Ilemela district, Mwanza. As part of the project implementation, CODERT is calling for Job applicants to fill in the following vacant position:
Job Title: Project Manager - Kizazi Kipya Project
Reporting to: Program Coordinator - KIZAZI KIPYA Project.
Location: Ilemela - Mwanza, Tanzania
The Project Manager is a self-motivated individual who will be responsible for providing technical support to HIV/AIDS program activities with the different partners including the supported facilities. The Project Manager main objective is to oversee day-to-day implementation of CODERT and PACT USAID KIZAZI KIPYA Program in Ilemela District and lead implementation and reporting of project activities, outputs and outcomes. She/he will coordinate effective engagement of key stakeholders at his/ her District in the implementation of project activities, including. District HIV Coordinator, community-based service providers and direct project beneficiaries’/peer clients and other USAID KIZAZI KIPYA Lake Zone Cluster team members
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide overall technical, operational, and administrative support to project staff and promotes an organizational culture where policies and values are observed.
- Oversee project budget including tracking spending, disallowed cost, approve travel request, staffs’ liquidation, reviews and approve all project expenses.
- Project Manager is the main point-person with Pact Cluster Office for all Kizazi Kipya project implementation by the CSO.
- Project Manager is the project leader who is ultimately responsible and accountable for timely, quality project implementation across all councils where the CSO is implementing.
- Work in collaboration with DSWO, DMO, DACC, CHACC at district level and Pact technical coordinators at cluster level to ensure high quality project activities delivery.\Ensure preparation and timely completion and submission both financial and narrative reports (monthly, quarterly, semiannual and annual).
- Work with Data and M&E Officers to ensure that appropriate data is obtained to produce high quality timely reports.
- In collaboration with organization management, mentors project staff (Case Management officer, Health and HIV Officer, Case Management Coordinator, Education Officer etc.) as appropriate in project management, organizational development and community development issues.
- Supports performance of project staffs (Case Management officer, Health and HIV Officer, Case Management Coordinator, Education Officer etc.) by proactively addressing performance issues through regular, constructive and honest feedback, and coaching and identifying necessary staff development needs for direct reports.
- Ensure staff is supported to deliver quality results in all project implementation activities.
- Provides mentoring and guidance to the team members and models best practices; advises and trains other team members on, organization policies, procedures, tools, and methodologies, as needed.
- Represents USAID Kizazi Kipya Project in public events, stakeholders’ meetings and coordinate with other donor funded programs at council level.
- Performs other related tasks as needed
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Social science , sociology ,Public Health, Nursing , Economic Development, Community Development or related bachelor degree.\At least 3 years of relevant experience.
- Previous experience in managing staff.
- Experience in at least one of the following technical areas: Economic strengthening, Youth and Adolescent work, Case Management, Bi-Directional Reference, ECD, Child protection.
- Understanding of OVC issues and child protection.
- Excellent coordination and planning skills with experience of working under pressure.
- Experience in writing Project Proposals
- Demonstrate understanding of the Tanzania Health System and policy environment
- Self-motivated, Flexible with ability to take self initiatives
- Team player individual
- Computer literate
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili.
Mode of Application:
Interested candidates should submit an application letter indicating the position applied for, a detailed copy of their CV including names and contact information and Academic Certificates with email addresses and telephone numbers of three work related referees.
Applications should be submitted by 18th June 2018 to the Executive Secretary CODERT Organization, through email [email protected] or dropped by hand at the CODERT Office in Nyegezi-Mwanza Adjacent to Royal prince Hotel nearby Nyabulogoya secondary school. P.O.BOX 11982
Women are highly encouraged to apply
Note: Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for Interview.