NAFASI ZA KAZI/AJIRA WORLD VISION INTERNATIONAL 2018
Response Operations Director*Country location to be determined based on response.
PURPOSE OF POSITION: Response Operations Director leads the Operations team and oversees the implementation of the response activities. He/she transforms the response strategy into implemented reality, managing day-to-day sector activities and providing technical guidance to the Programmes team for design and programme quality.
TANZANIAN NEW EMPLOYMENT OPPORUNITIES (800+ POSTS)
Ensure program planning is informed by technical standards and operational viability:
- Contribute to planning of sector requirements for people, funding and supplies.
- Ensure all program designs are based on needs assessment findings (primary & secondary data) and analysis,
- targets the most vulnerable/chronically and is operationally viable.
- Ensure all programs refer to technical standards, consider government standards and are aligned with Strategic
- Guidance and Do-Assure Dont Do (DADDs) for the First Phase of Emergency Responses and Sector Packages.
- Ensure inclusion of advocacy issues and cross cutting themes are considered in design.
- Ensure programs and projects are measured according to technical standards and Child Well-being targets.
- Ensure Operations Plans are developed and implemented with community engagement, taking into account local capacities and utilising Do No Harm/Local Capacities for Peace (DNH/LCP).
- Lead team/individual development and provide direction and support as needed to enable effective performance.
- Contribute to National Office (NO) capacity building in the area of emergency response in coordination with NO
- leadership and Human Resources (HR).
- Determine Operations organisational structure and staffing plan with HR.
- Monitor recruitment and deployment of Operations staff and plan for capacity development.
- Ensure Operations staff handovers are conducted.
- Develop Operations budget in coordination with Finance, ensuring strong alignment and coordination with
- Programming team during budgeting and budget management process.
- Plan for Operations transition/integration.
- Plan and facilitate detailed operational plan and delegate responsibilities to carry out plan.
- Ensure Accountability mechanisms are in place for Community and stakeholder feedback.
- Planning process considers community requirements (i.e. timelines) and progress is monitored by Design, Monitoring & Evaluation (DME).
- Facilitate planning between sectors to meet overall program goals.
- Facilitate requirements planning with Support Services.
- Ensure collaborative planning with external stakeholders such as UN Agencies, other NGOs and Government ministries where possible through coordination mechanisms.
- Monitor results against sector plans and address identified issues.
- Monitor expenditure reports and take corrective action with Finance and Programs.
- Review Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) and Accountability data with Sectors and Programs to identify and address any issues for operational improvement.
- Review context analysis with Programs and Liaison for Operational Intent adaptation.
- Review findings of learning events and evaluations with Programs to make operational improvements.
- All evaluations of sector interventions are planned with DME to assess effectiveness and timeliness.
- Establish and implement internal reporting system in coordination with DME.
- Ensure Operations provide input for grant/donor and program milestone and reports to Programs.
- Write report on quality risks and their resolution and submit to Response Director on regular basis.
- Ensure that Operations meets reporting requirements for Clusters, Ministries and/or in-country stakeholders.
- Organise security assessments for all field operations that inform a security plan.
- Implement the recommendations of the security plan for all field operations.
- Ensure security incident reporting protocols are complied with by operations staff.
- Ensure Operations staff adhere to security standards for staff movement and communications.
- Work with Security to ensure safe and effective Civil/Military relationships with armed actors.
- Ensure previous sectors learning from Global Learning Facilitator are reviewed.
- Encourage the incorporation of sector best practice and innovation.
- Ensure sector have a quality plan to meet quality criteria and minimum sector standards.
- Ensure achievement of all function quality criteria is monitored and reported regularly.
- Ensure risks limiting achievement of objective to quality criteria are reported & rapidly addressed.
- Ensure mechanisms are established to identify, document, and share function lessons learned.
- Ensure Ops submit clear and timely budgets and funds requests to Finance.
- Ensure Ops submit clear and timely staff plans to HR and immediately advises on changes.
- Ensure Ops follow Finance procedures to rapidly process payments to suppliers.
- Ensure Ops submit vehicle requirements to logistics and follow vehicles management guidelines.
- Ensure Ops submit communications requirements to ICT and follow ICT procedures.
- Address delays in Support Services to Response Manager for rapid resolution and waivers.
- Establish operation team protocols where sector and geographic leads identify and report where external actors are
- delaying/preventing implementation.
- Refer issues delaying implementation to Liaison to resolve through inter-agency coordination and/or government
- Ensure protection issues are reported and addressed in coordination with Advocacy.
TANZANIAN NEW EMPLOYMENT OPPORUNITIES (800+ POSTS)
KNOWLEDGE,SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- A minimum of 5-7 years in leadership role in the humanitarian assistance and development sector, with a significant
- portion of this in INGOs.
- 5 years experience in humanitarian assistance work.
- Demonstrated understanding of key humanitarian principles, standards and best practices.
- University degree in Humanitarian Studies or relevant field. Masters degree preferred.
- Experience in program management and implementation of multi-sectoral emergency response projects.
- Intensive experience in leading a multi-cultural team of professionals.
- Experience working in a cross-cultural environment.
- Experience working in war zones / fragile contexts.
- Experience in engaging with governmental institutions and multilateral agencies.
- Experience in managing humanitarian operations that facilitate innovation and calculated risk taking.
- Strong team leadership skills.
- Emotional intelligence (self awareness, managing emotions and those of others, remaining calm/composed, dealing
- with ambiguity and change).
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English.
- Academic and on-the-job training in at least one of the support services or response-sector relevant areas.
-Understanding of the international humanitarian system, particularly the systems, structures and key actors.
-Understanding of the key accountabilities that must be maintained in a response (beneficiaries, donors, peers).
-Ability to lead operational planning processes.
-Strong communication skills (oral and written) with ability to express ideas and concepts clearly and persuasively with senior internal and external stakeholders.
-Ability to express ideas and concepts clearly and persuasively with senior internal and external stakeholders as well
-Ability to work in coordination with other humanitarian organizations.
-Ability to analyse and make decisions in challenging situations in the absence of specific guidance and/or full information.
-Ability to communicate and model to staff positive behaviors which help them remain resilient and effective in dynamic and high pressure environments.