Beware of Job Scammers!
Please Never Pay Money To Get A Job!
Beware of Job Scammers!
Please Never Pay Money To Get A Job!
Response Programmes Director Job Opportunity at The World Vision International | Deadline: 9 January, 2020
NAFASI ZA KAZI/AJIRA WORLD VISION INTERNATIONAL 2018
Response Programmes Director
*Country location to be determined based on response.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Response Programmes Director oversees/leads the Sector Programming Team, including Program Officer(s), Design Monitor Evaluation (DME), Humanitarian Accountability and Information Management. The Programme Director supports the Response Director (RD) and Operations Director (OD) in designing the response strategy and operations plan and works in close coordination with both.
TANZANIAN NEW EMPLOYMENT OPPORUNITIES (800+ POSTS)
The Response Programmes Director is responsible to manage grant acquisition, assessments, monitor and humanitarian accountability and liaises with Support Offices (SOs), and international donors.
Response Programmes Director is part of the Response Senior Leadership Team. Response Programmes Director will coordinate/advise with Response Director (RD)/Senior Leadership Team (SLT) go or no go for proposals.
Establish, lead, resource and staff the programmes unit to meet response needs:
- Lead team/individual development and provide direction and support as needed to enable effective performance.
- Contribute to National Office (NO) capacity building in the area of emergency response in coordination with NO leadership and Human Resources (HR).
- Determine Programmes organisational structure and staffing plan with HR.
- Work with HR to recruit and deploy Programmes staff and plan for capacity development.
- Ensure Programmes staff handovers are conducted.
- Develop Programmes budget in coordination with Finance.
- Support RD and Finance in developing Response Budget, ensuring strong alignment and coordination with Operations team during budgeting and budget management process.
- Plan for Programmes Unit transition/integration with NO, where applicable.
- Support development of operational intent plan to align with funding allocations ensuring operational feasibility and
- technical quality.
- Support Sectors and Operations Director to draft response plan.
- Work with Grants, Acquisition and Management (GAM) to coordinate grant acquisition.
- Write Operational Intent inclusive of targets.
- Prepare project RACIs (responsible, accountable, consulted, informed) for new grants.
- Monitor and analyse donor opportunities to ensure they align with operational intent.
- Communicate humanitarian needs identified through assessments, monitoring data and community feedback to in-country donors and Support Offices International Programmes Groups.
- Represent World Vision with potential donors (ECHO, DFID, EU, OFDA, etc.) including bilateral, multilateral and corporate.
- Collaborate with Advocacy to influence donor funding strategies when appropriate.
- Liaises with SOs regarding donor priorities and opportunities for funding.
- Support Finance in the allocation and tracking of response funding to ensure response strategic priorities are funded and effective leveraging of available funding.
- Support mapping of all funding sources with Finance.
- Support funding allocation process (Private Non Sponsorship & grant opportunities) in coordination with Finance, Response Director and Operations to reflect response strategic priorities, operational realities and ensure compliance with relevant funding regulations.
- Support Finance to track donor funding allocation and commitments to ensure response strategic priorities are funded.
- Oversee development and submission of project proposals to donors to resource operations plan.
- Develop project proposals with Operations, Advocacy, Finance and relevant Support functions and ensure stakeholders have the opportunity to review proposals and raise issues prior to submission to donors.
- Ensure proposals are aligned with the operational plan, sector DADDs and standards.
- Ensure proposals are aligned with accountability standards and basic DME requirements.
- Maintain donor and SOs communications to facilitate funding acquisition.
- Support Finance to ensure an up-to-date funding matrix.
- Support Finance to conduct grant orientation or grant start-up workshops for relevant staff.
- Plan and manage donor reporting to ensure that all donor requirements are met.
- Support Finance with monitoring of grants for compliance with grant requirements.
- Oversee planning, implementation, analysis and sharing of findings from assessments and program monitoring.
- Design and implement community consultation processes to ensure understanding of World Visions role, planned interventions and provide opportunities for input and feedback into programme and project designs.
- Design and implement Information Provision plan to ensure that accurate and reliable information about the programme is made available and shared with communities in a timely and accessible manner.
- Document, implement and monitor complaint and feedback systems to ensure timely responses to communities.
- Consolidate and analyse community complaint information to inform Operations and response management of key issues raised by beneficiaries.
- Coordinate Humanitarian Accountability planning and learning with other accountability focused INGOs and LNGOs.
KNOWLEDGE,SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- A minimum of 3-5 years in leadership role in the humanitarian assistance and development sector, with a significant portion of this in INGOs.
- 5 years experience in humanitarian assistance work.
- Demonstrated understanding of key humanitarian principles, standards and best practices.
- University degree in Humanitarian Studies or relevant field. Masters degree preferred.
- Experience in program management and implementation of multi-sectoral emergency response projects.
- Intensive experience in leading a multi-cultural team of professionals.
- Experience working in a cross-cultural environment.
- Experience working in war zones / fragile contexts.
- Experience in engaging with governmental institutions and multilateral agencies.
- Experience in managing humanitarian operations that facilitate innovation and calculated risk taking.
- Work experience as Program Officer at least for 1-3 years in a country other than the home country.
- Strong team leadership skills.
- Emotional Intelligence (self awareness, managing emotions and those of others, remaining calm/composed, dealing with ambiguity and change).
- Understand Humanitarian Industry and have proven experience within a relief setting.
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English.
- Ability to express ideas and concepts clearly and persuasively with senior internal and external stakeholders.
-Demonstrates openness and transparency.
-Previous experience working in complex emergency/rehabilitation settings.
-Experience coordination with INGOs and other key stakeholders-High degree of negotiation and persuasion skills.
-Ability to work with a reasonable level of comfort in high tension and high security risk situations.
-Ability to maintain performance expectations in diverse cultural contexts psychologically stressful environs and physical hardships.
-Ability to facilitate the creation of cross-functional project teams and the development of national strategies.
-Excellent time-management and prioritization.