Job type: Permanent
Emp type: Full-time
Job published: 29-06-2018
NEW TANZANIAN JOBS OPPORUNITIES (1000+ POSTS)
DEPARTMENT: Clearing & Forwarding
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensuring clearing takes place as per the time KPIs by closely supervising the current statuses of shipments and prompting the Declaration team to take the next step.
- Assisting in Responding to client queries (Documents & other clearance related questions)
- Consistently monitoring the clearance dashboard and supervising the declaration officer’s team to do their tasks in a timely manner.
- Ensuring documents are checked by Declarations Officer upon receiving pre-alerts
- Inspections – Setting up and Ensuring SGS inspection is done when needed – Ensuring BV inspections is done when needed
- Writing letters – Drafting letters for clearance purposes, includes permit needed, ID’S any other special requests depending on what is needed for clearance purposes
- Material Supply
- Customs Clearance
- Road Freight
- Material Handling
- Storage and Warehousing
- Offshore & Onshore Equipment Rental
- Specialized Inspection Services
- Supervisory skills experience, managing team over 10 people
- Good Interpersonal Relations and ability to communicate well
- Discipline & Focus, Attention to Detail, Solution Oriented
- Ability & willingness to learn things fast. (Smart Sheets & TANCIS Basics)
- Faultless administration skills, ensuring procedures are being followed accurately.
- Problem solving skills to ensure obstacles to progress are overcome
Qualifications & Experience
- Possess a high degree of integrity, honesty and confidentiality.
- Diploma/ Degree in Clearing and Forwarding or any related.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in Clearing & Forwarding for Local Imports, border clearing and transit goods (preferable)
- Flexible in work habits and schedules, ready to work for longer hours when required.
- Must have knowledge of government procedures & customs laws relating to imports, exports and transit goods for air, sea and road freight cargo (preferable)
- Fluent English and Kiswahili