AVAILABLE VACANCIESA large construction company in Dar es salaam is looking forward to hire for the following vacancies
DRAINAGE ENGINEER (1 post)
• Drainage Engineer who will be responsible for producing drainage designs, reports and documentation in accordance with the scheme brief and in line with the time and budgetary allocations.
• Will be preparing hydraulic modeling of surface water drainage networks along with online or offline storage solutions and maintain and repair drainage pipelines such as sewage and wastewater.
• Will be assisting in the overall delivery of the workload of the highways team within the office including feasibility reports and design reviews of third party designers.
• Qualified candidate must have minimum a degree in Civil Engineering with 7+ years of relevant experiences.
• Must be knowledgeable on Hydraulic designs and civil 3D AutoCAD.
• Must have excellent IT skills and conversant in English and Swahili.
NEW TANZANIAN JOBS OPPORUNITIES (1000+ POSTS)
HIGHWAY/ROAD ENGINEER (1 post)
• Responsible for planning, designing, and overseeing construction and maintenance of roads, railroads, airports, bridges, dams, irrigation projects, pipelines and water and sewage systems.
• Inspect project sites to monitor progress and ensure conformance to design specifications and safety or sanitation standards.
• Plan and design transportation or hydraulic systems or structures using computer assisted design or drawing tools.
• Estimate quantities and cost of materials, equipment, or labor to determine project feasibility.
• Qualified candidate must have a degree in Civil Engineering (minimum) with over 18 years of experience in Engineering including 12 years in relevant field (roads).
• Proficiency in Civil 3d, Hydro Cad, and Synchro
==========Area Sales Manager
The area sales manager will be responsible for a cluster (an area of Dar es Salaam) of a current c. 90 clients historically worked on and will have to multiply this by x3 or 4 over the course of his mandate by undertaking sales. The candidate will have to close sales on a weekly basis amounting to the order of $50’000 a month on a “look good” basis by the 2 months in the role.
This revenue target then needs to be recurrent. This KPI is month on month cash whereby we invoice for jobs. They will have to also know how to farm sales for future months so to avoid having to plan for the same month, but also whilst delivering the current month with back up sales.
The Area Sales Manager will manage the full process from sourcing the lead, taking measurements, overseeing part of the works with technical teams (not as a project manager but as a CRM) and will see that the client payments are made in a timely manner by working with the country manager and dedicated Finance resource / through debtor reporting also.
Lead Generation – he/she will require to source leads through planned initiatives which he/she also contributes in sales/activity reviews. These initiatives they will have ownership in some cases of which makes sense for their cluster. They will plan and implement the initiatives, collaborating with different members.
He/she will need to know how to require central assistance from marketing and coordinate carefully fulfilment of their tasks and tweak what is required to raise the number of deals every week (conversion capability).
Reporting – will need to take careful measurement of the jobs and work through trackers which will also help Reporting back analysis with line manager. Be part of the business planning mechanism with Business reviews and undertake reports as an essential part of controlling where we are making steps.
New business – will require to bring up rational and also proposals to Sales team to tack sectors such as Retail, Commercial property, … so to deepen sales capability.
Stock management – understands the importance of stock management
Line Manager – will be Country Director and on the interim Managing Director group or equivalent Commercial Strategy Director.
Once established be part of training adhoc to new candidates from time to time, based on best practices recognized by the firm.
1 – Last Co/Role: Sales
2 – YrsExp: Min 3 yrs
3 – Background: Construction, manufacturing, Fmcg
4 – Education level: Degree min.
5 – Sales target min: $50k
6 – Language 1st: English
7 – Language 2nd: Swahili
HOW TO APPLY
Send CV and cover letter to [email protected] before Friday 13th July 2018