Twaweza means “we can make it happen” in Swahili. Twaweza works on enabling children to learn, citizens to exercise agency and governments to be more open and responsive in Tanzania, Kenya, and Uganda. We have programs, staff, and offices across all three countries, and a world respected the practice of learning, monitoring, and evaluation.
Our flagship programs include Uwezo, Africa’s largest annual citizen assessment to assess children’s learning levels across hundreds of thousands of households, and Sauti za Wananchi, Africa’s first nationally representative mobile phone survey.
We undertake effective public and policy engagement, through powerful media partnerships and global leadership of initiatives such as the Open Government Partnership.
Twaweza is seeking to recruit to fill the following position of Learning, Monitoring & Evaluation Senior Officer in the Tanzania Office (To apply for this position follow the instruction in job description below):
Title: Learning, Monitoring & Evaluation Senior Officer (Ref 3910)
- Oversee the implementation of various monitoring studies commissioned as part of Twaweza’s portfolio, and work closely with the relevant implementing units and the Monitoring and Feedback Coordinator and LME Director
- Analyze monitoring data and translate creatively into well-documented lessons, working closely with the feedback Offsets and Monitoring and Feedback Coordinator
NEW TANZANIAN JOBS OPPORUNITIES (1000+ POSTS)
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field; a Master’s degree preferred;
- At least three (5) years of relevant work experience;
- Keen understanding of Tanzania’s political and social dynamics;
How To Apply
Email your cv and application letter to [email protected] and copy to [email protected] including a cover letter explaining your interests/motivations to work for Twaweza in MS Word or PDF file. In the subject of your email write your name, position you are applying for.Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline for the submission is Monday 30th July 2018