Twaweza means “we can make it happen” in Swahili. Twaweza works on enabling children to learn, citizens to exercise agency and governments to be more open and responsive in Tanzania, Kenya, and Uganda. We have programs, staff, and offices across all three countries, and a world respected the practice of learning, monitoring, and evaluation.
Our flagship programs include Uwezo, Africa’s largest annual citizen assessment to assess children’s learning levels across hundreds of thousands of households, and Sauti za Wananchi, Africa’s first nationally representative mobile phone survey.
We undertake effective public and policy engagement, through powerful media partnerships and global leadership of initiatives such as the Open Government Partnership.
Twaweza is seeking to recruit to fill the following position of Senior Advisor, Communications in the Tanzania Office (To apply for this position follow the instruction in job description below):
Title: Senior Advisor, Communications (Ref 3907)
- Develop communications and advocacy strategies that distinguish between different audiences for all of Twaweza across East Africa and continually review and update them for increasing impact.
- Ensure that all Twaweza materials (papers, briefs, powerpoint presentations, etc.) in English and Kiswahili are quality assured to meet Twaweza standards and effectively promote the image and objectives of the organization.
- Ensure that Twaweza develops, engages and maintains an effective social media presence, including through Facebook, Twitter, blog posts where possible, and other means as appropriate.
- Advise on and support the communications and advocacy work across all of Twaweza’s Program units and Learning, – Monitoring and Evaluation unit; where practicable support partners to document and publish their work and lessons.
NEW TANZANIAN JOBS OPPORUNITIES (1000+ POSTS)
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree with at least 5 years of relevant work experience.
Email your cv and application letter to [email protected] and copy to [email protected] including a cover letter explaining your interests/motivations to work for Twaweza in MS Word or PDF file. In the subject of your email write your name, position you are applying for.Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline for the submission is Monday 30th July 2018