Senior Laboratory Officer-Blood Safety Job Vacancy at Management and Development For Health (MDH) | Deadline: July 22, 2018Overview
NAFASI ZA KAZI/AJIRA MDH - TANZANIA
NAFASI ZA KAZI/AJIRA MDH - TANZANIA
Management and Development for Health (MDH) is a non-profit organization in Tanzania that primarily aims to contribute towards addressing public health priorities through evidence-based interventions and partnerships.
MDH works in collaboration with the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children; as well as academic and non-academic institutions to address the problems of tuberculosis (TB), malaria, HIV/AIDS, nutrition, maternal and child health and to undertake initiatives to advance public health research, education, and services for improving the lives of people and communities. In this regard, MDH seeks to recruit a qualified individual to all the following position:”
Position Title: SENIOR LABORATORY OFFICER—BLOOD SAFETY (1)
Location: Dar es Salaam
Supervisor: Laboratory Service Manager
The Senior Laboratory Project Officer – Blood Safety is a self-motivated individual who will work in close collaboration with the National Blood Transfusion Service centers, NHL-QATC, R/CHMTs and Development Partners to guarantee provision of effective national support in strengthening the quality management system and the use of Blood Established Computerized System (BECS) for the blood transfusion services in the country. He/She will ensure the highest technical, logistical and administrative performance of the laboratory EQA, accreditation programs, and BECS.
Duties and Responsibilities;
- Work with NBTS to ensure timely production and distribution of EQA/PT samples to the transfusing facilities and NBTS centers, collection and analysis of EQA results and timely release performance reports.
- Expand coverage and participation of EQA/PT programs for blood safety to all transfusing facilities.
- Coordinates stakeholders (NBTS. CHMTs, RHMTs, IPs. NHL-QATC. MoHCDGEC, Lc) efforts in project implementation to ensure appropriate levels of technical assistance in program interventions.
- In collaboration with the data officer, participate in the preparation of M&E quarterly based feedback reports to the NBTS. MoHCDGEC. RHMTs and
- provide TA to the NBTS to facilitate implementation of the QMS by all NBTS centers for accreditation
- Provide regular assessments and address identified gaps to accelerate laboratory improvement for accreditations
- Ensure provision of quality mentorships to the NBTS centers to implement QMS for accreditation
- Provide capacity building to the staff in implementing a quality assurance program for immediate improvement towards accreditation
- provide TA to support system operation and use of BECS for management of data for blood safety
- Design and implement supervisions, training and mentorship programs to improve the participation and performance of facilities and HCWs on EQA/PT and accelerate improvement towards accreditation
- Prepare, review and submit progress reports weekly, monthly, quarterly and as needed.
- Ensure effective execution of the approved workplan and budget to achieve the set targets
- Carry out any other responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
NEW TANZANIAN JOBS OPPORUNITIES (900+ POSTS)
Education and Work Experience
- A degree or Masters degree in health laboratory sciences or biomedical laboratory sciences
- A minimum of 4 years experience in working at high level laboratory quality management especially in HIV care and treatment setting and or blood safety
- Ability to collaborate with government health management teams and other partners
- Ability to work both as individual and as a team with minimum supervision
Interested candidates should submit an application letter, a detailed copy of their CV, and names and contact Information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work related referees.
Applications should be submitted by July 22, 2018, to the Human Resource Manager through e-mail [email protected] or dropped by hand at the MDH Head Office In Mlkochenl, along Mwal Klbakl Road, Plot No. 802.
Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.