Monitoring and Evaluation Officer Job at Financial Sector Deepening Trust(FSDT) | Deadline: 17th August, 2018Overview: The Financial Sector Deepening Trust, Tanzania, aims to contribute towards having all Tanzanians derive value from the regular use of financial services, which are delivered with dignity and fairness. The Trust achieves this by facilitating the financial markets to work and cater to the needs of its prioritized markets which are; women, youth, rural dwellers, agriculture, and enterprises. The programme delivers on four strategic outputs that are:
- Advocating for an improved policy, institutional, legal and regulatory framework
- Promoting more relevant market infrastructure and ways to reduce transaction costs between Financial Service Providers (FSPs) and potential clients
- Stimulating improved access to financial products and services that respond to the needs of Micro- Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs)
- Stimulating improved access to financial products and services that respond to the needs of households and individuals.
Position Summary: FSDT is seeking to recruit dynamic, strategic, experienced and qualified individuals with strong credentials to fill the vacant position namely Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
NEW TANZANIAN JOBS OPPORUNITIES (700+ POSTS)
Reporting to: Monitoring & Evaluation Advisor
Duration: 2-year renewable contract FSDT is seeking for a dynamic person with sound experience in Monitoring and Evaluation who would appreciate the opportunity to take their career to the next level. This is a supporting function reporting to the Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer functions, activities and responsibilities will include:
The M&E Officer will Support the Monitoring and Evaluation function at FSDT to generate knowledge to track/monitor performance and analyse the impact of FSDT’s Programme investments.
This role will be responsible for executing the M&E related activities of FSDT. In partnership with the Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor and the Heads of the thematic areas, the role will support the management of the results measurement framework, in an effort to produce evidence of the development value of FSDT’s investments, for its Overall goal of increasing the use of a broad ränge of quality financial Services provided by a stable and competitive financial System, in a way which benefits the livelihoods of underserved lower-income groups.
Core responsibilities of this role Include:
- Support the development and implementation of FSDT’s monitoring and evaluation This will involve the following:
- Measure and monitor interventions. Ensure that both monitoring methodology and Systems provide measurable evidence of results achieved and will support the coordination of M&E activities of the different projects within FSDT’s portfolio.
- Support all FSDT Programme staff with results-based planning to ensure that monitoring and evaluation are integrated throughout implementation, and to continuously work with project staff in the achievement of their intermediate and end-of-project impact targets through on-going analysis of progress and projections.
- Analyse data and generate both internal and external reports. The M&E Officer will produce technical notes on achieved results, learned lessons and the measures to implement for an increased impact of the projects and more broadly, manage the preparation of regulär reports such as quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports.
- Develop the capacity of Partners relative to monitoring and evaluation reporting.
- Collaborate with the Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor to manage all M&E budgets in an efficient, transparent and cost-effective
- Be able to link to the wider M&E community. The M&E Officer will be specifically responsible for:
- Keep abreast of relevant new M&E approaches through reviewing publications, renowned websites and research events and highlighting these to relevant members of the FSDT team o Provide support to other M&E advisors seeking to undertake work relevant to FSDT’s goals. This will include helping them to access appropriate materials, contacts and other resources.
- Support Management in applying M&E lessons learned when developing and implementing FSDT’s broader strategies and business plan.
Knowledge, Experience, and Skills
The Monitoring & Evaluation Officer will have the following experience and attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree in Sociology, Statistics or related field of
- At least 2 years of experience working in development work. Exposure in grant-making, portfolio design, delivering on grant or other investment approaches whether from philanthropy or international funding environment.
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant work experience in recognized institutions.
- Proven technical M&E expertise including monitoring and evaluation methodologies applicable to financial inclusion
- Excellent Organization
- Excellent communication skills (written in both English and Kiswahili, listening and oral)
- Ability to work both independently and in a team, while meeting tight deadlines.
- Excellent reporting skills.
- Exposure and/or understanding of the M4P principles would be an advantage.
- Commitment to the FSDT’s core values (see below for the list of values), mission, goals, and its approach to delivering change in the market (M4P).
Mode of Application
Candidates meeting the required qualifications should send their written applications along with the following
- A detailed typed Curriculum Vitae (CV) with names of three referees, their addresses, telephone numbers
and e-mail address if any.
Applications, which are submitted late, will be disqualified. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.