PROJECT ADMINISTRATION & COMMUNICATION OFFICER
IITA-TZ-R4D-008/18-NRS-DSMIITA is looking for a suitably qualified person to fill the position of The Project Administration and Communication Officer to provide administrative support to the TAAT Cassava Compact by ensuring that systems, structures and procedures are in place for the efficient administration of the project
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa's most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment and preserve natural resource integrity.
IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future
NEW TANZANIAN JOBS OPPORUNITIES (700+ POSTS)
Duty Station: The position will be based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
• Master's degree in Social Sciences or Humanities with minimum of three to five years' experience in similar roles.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, including ability to write reports.
• Proficiency in either the English Language or French with a working knowledge of the other.
• Must be a team player accustomed to working in multi-cultural groups with good organizational skills
• High level of computer literacy, accuracy and attention to detail
• Excellent interpersonal and networking skills, with the ability to effectively communicate with a range of individuals through e-mails and in person.
• Extensive travels to different project country institutions, hods and private sector companies are expected
Roles and Responsibilities
• Assist the Project Manager in ensuring that activities are completed on time, within budget and meet quality standards. This will include developing and implementing plans for monitoring project progress as well as scheduling project meetings;
• Establish and maintain project management information system;
• Develop and maintain plans to support the project including analyses of tasks, schedules and resources needed by the THAT Cassava Compact and the country programs being supported by the compact;
• Monitor project adherence to the Donors funding requirements and expenditure guidelines;
• Track expenditures and report to the Compact Leader monthly on the status of the project budget;
• Assist in the development of contract documents and partnership arrangements with TAAT Clearinghouse, the TAAT PMU, and PDAU of IITA.
• Plan for resources needed to support project implementation and assist with procurement of required items in consultation with TAAT PMU
• Assist the Cassava Compact Leader in technical and financial reporting to the TAM PMU by collating reports from partners in a timely manner,
• Ensure efficient travel and 'arrangements for project meetings and workshops;
• Any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
• Develop, coordinate and Implement a detailed communication strategy for the Project;
• Organize and manage project information and knowledge outputs for wide access and application in various forms: print, digital, video or audio and contribute these to the open sharing platforms and tolls established by the projects;
• Support the collection, evaluation and capitalization of the technology scaling activities through specific documentation;
• Support and facilitate collaboration and communication within and across the project
• Document and communicate news, updates and stories for the project; • Assist with organization and facilitation of project learning events bringing together project partners;
• Plan and implement information campaigns organized to promote the Project stating approaches and knowledge ac needed,
• Support networking and engagement activities with other actors in the Project:
• Support the innovative use of information. communication and knowledge-based interventions and approaches across the Project;
• Contribute to the dissemination of knowledge and experiences of the Project through participation in related events and exchange meetings;
The initial contract for the position is two years with possibility of renewal. This is a nationally recruited position and IITA offers a competitive remuneration package.
Applications including curriculum vitae, copies of certificates, telephone number, email address, and names and addresses of two referees should be sent to the Country Representative, IITA-Tanzania, Plot No. 25, Mwenge - Coca-Cola Road, Mikocheni Industrial Area P.O. Box 34441, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania or by email to
Applicants are requested to please indicate the reference number for the position as indicated on the heading of the announcement in your application as well as on the subject of your email if sending by email. If sending by post or hand delivery, please indicate the reference number on your application as well as on the left hand side of your envelope. Please note that any applications without the reference number indicated will be automatically disqualified.
Two weeks from the date of advertisement appearing in the newspaper. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Source: The Guardian August 07, 2018