AFRICAN UNDERGROUND MINING SERVICESPosition: Supply Chain Supervisor
INTRODUCTION: AUMS is a global leader in providing a full suite of underground mining contract services to the African Mining Industry. We are looking fora highly motivated individual to join us at the Star & Comet/Nyankanga underground mine at Geita in the role of Supply Chain Supervisor
POSITION PURPOSE: The Supply Chain Supervisor is responsible for overseeing and supervising the supply chain staff that directly support material flows to and from the warehouse facility. They manage the materials within the Supply Chain scope to support Mining operations on site as well as Maintenance and Electrical workshops and various projects/tasks as needed. Additionally, they oversee the shipment receiving activities onsite and liaise with Logistics on the delivery schedules.
NEW TANZANIAN JOBS OPPORUNITIES (900+ POSTS)
KEY PERFORMANCE TASKS INCLUDE
• Complies with all HS&E policies, procedures and instructions. This includes the correct use of safety devices and protective equipment, prompt reporting of any hazardous situations, which they cannot themselves correct, making the necessary changes to eliminate or control the hazard and reporting immediately any accident or injury which arises in the course of their work.
• Complies with relevant Mines Safety Acts and Regulations.
• Oversee staff and operations in the following areas: Yard, Warehouse, Purchasing
- Oversee all Yard Activities (commodity flow, cleaning, inventory management, etc)
- Maintain standards for inventory management and control
- Co-Lead weekly cycle counting practices o Maintain relationships with foreman in Mining, Maintenance and Electrical workshops, supervisors, and Project managers as it relates to Supply Chain Operations.
- Participate in annual full physical inventory activities
- Perform quarterly warehouse audits (external and internal as directed) o Coordinate special projects within Supply Chain Scope as needed.
- Oversee Purchasing activities as a backup for Supply Coordinator.
Keep an accurate record of all items in the warehouse.
Monitor physical stock levels and recommend changes to the stock reorder points as needed.
Recommend additions/removal of the stock items as needed
• Personnel Management
- Lead, Develop, and Mentor team members on all shifts
- Issue disciplines
- Solicit for new hires
- Conduct interviews
- Determine and/or recommend best candidate
- Monitor stores labor trends and recommend improvements
- Enforce all safety policies and procedures with team
- Recommend safety improvement
- Report safety concerns immediately
• Bachelors Degree or 2+ years experience in an equivalent position
• 5 years experience in a Supply Chain Environment
• 2+ years employee supervision experience
• Independent, self-motivated who can work with minimal direct supervision
• Warehouse and inventory control management
• Computer proficiency (MS Excel, Word, Outlook / email)
• ERP/MRP experience preferred
• Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Strong attention to detail • Ability and willingness to work occasional additional hours to complete job duties
• Previous experience in Mining is a plus
• Must be able lift up to 18 kg.
• Basic First Aid
• Said Driver's License
• Must be able to work outside in various weather conditions, including rain, heat, and etc. Highly organised and able to work efficiently with limited supervision.
• Must be able to work a 12 hours per day sitting or on his/her feet for extended periods of time.
Position: Truck Operator
AUMS is a global leader in providing a full suite of underground mining contract services to the African Mining Industry. We are looking for highly motivated individuals to join us at the Star & Comet/Nyankanga underground Mine at Geita in the role of Truck Operator
This position is responsible for loading, hauling and dumping both ore and waste material from loading areas to designated areas underground or on the surface in an efficient manner as guided by your immediate supervisor and trainer.
KEY PERFORMANCE TASKS INCLUDE
Complies with all HS&E policies, procedures and instructions. This includes the correct use of safety devices and protective equipment, prompt reporting of any hazardous situations, which they cannot themselves correct, making the necessary changes to eliminate or control the hazard and reporting immediately any accident or injury which arises in the course of their work.
• Complies with all company policies and procedures that are displayed and amended from time to time.
• Takes reasonable care for their own safety and that of other persons who may be affected by their acts.
• Performs pre-start checks and SWICs.
• Ensuring inspections and maintenance is carried out on all equipment before use.
• Must Work to minimize equipment downtime and maximize productivity.
• Maintains a high standard of housekeeping.
KEY PERFORMANCE TUSKES INCLUDE:
• Follows instructions from loader operator to accept 'dirt. Fully loaded and balanced trucks.
• Follow geologist ore destination instructions, not mixing ore, low grade, marginal and waste.
• Load. haul and dump ore I waste material from development and production sources from loading areas in the underground mine to assigned areas on the surface to stockpiles.
• Load, haul and dump waste material to underground areas for backfilling and structural purposes.
• Monitor the areas being worked in and water down or scale as necessary.
Experience in the Underground Mining Industry or equivalent heavy industry. Proficient in the operations of an underground truck. Valid Driver's Licence Basic first aid knowledge Completion of secondary school Basic numeracy and verbal/written English
AUMS is a global leader in providing the full suite of underground mining contract services to the African Mining Industry. We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join us at the Star & Comet/Nyankanga underground Mines at Geita in the role of Storeperson.
To be responsible for the maintenance of an efficient, safe and secure warehouse facility. To also ensure a high level of material availability, and consumer satisfaction is maintained.
SPECIFIC TASKS INCLUDE
The safe operation of mobile equipment while loading and unloading materials and equipment To efficiently and accurately issue and receipt all warehouse materials Accurate data entry into the Pronto ERP system Conduct stocktakes as directed Report all stock discrepancies to supervisor Maintain a high level of housekeeping within the warehouse and external storage areas Compliance with AUMS company policies, procedures and standards
Forklift certificate or competency Current Tanzanian driver's licence Experienced in the use of Pronto or other ERP system Possess previous experience in a warehouse environment within the mining industry Completion of secondary school Advanced numeracy and verbal/written English Excellent communication skills
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your CV along with a detailed covering letter via email: [email protected] Application letters should reach the above on or before 18th August 2018,18 hr 00•
Source: The Guardian August 03, 2018