Beware of Job Scammers!
Please Never Pay Money To Get A Job!
Beware of Job Scammers!
Please Never Pay Money To Get A Job!
Location: Other Zanzibar District Zanzibar
Reports to: Program Manager
Location: Unguja, Zanzibar
Start Date: As soon as filled
Who we are
D-tree International is a leading digital health organization. We work to improve the quality of health systems in low and middle-income countries by exploiting digital technology in innovative ways. We are an interdisciplinary organization, working at the intersection of global health and technology. Expertise in both domains is essential to design and deploy systems which are both appropriate to particular contexts and effective in improving health outcomes. D-tree has been working in Zanzibar since 2010 to improve maternal and child health outcomes. In close collaboration with the Zanzibar Ministry of Health, D-tree has trained more than 400 Community Health Volunteers (CHVs) who serve more than 80% of the population as part of the _Safer Deliveries_program. D-tree has scaled up this program throughout Zanzibar to support Community Health Volunteers to utilize digital tools to provide high quality care to pregnant women to encourage facility deliveries and postpartum follow up in order to reduce maternal and neonatal mortality.
Building on the success of the Safer Deliveries program, D-tree will expand and institutionalize the digital platform in Zanzibar, including an expansion of our digital health programs to other sectors such as early childhood development and family planning. We are seeking a technical field implementer to support our work in Unguja and Pemba in a variety of roles, including supporting training, outreach events, program monitoring, capacity building, application/dashboard development, and troubleshooting activities.
NEW TANZANIAN JOBS OPPORUNITIES (400+ POSTS)
We are looking for a candidate who is willing to take on any tasks that are required to make our projects successful. This will include:
Application and Data Dashboard Development
- Support the Requirements Specification, Design and Documentation process
- Design and build simple to moderately complex applications, or parts of complex applications in Mangologic or similar tools
- Design and build data visualizations and dashboards using Periscope Data or similar visualization tools
- Define and implement test plans and other procedures related to software quality assurance
- Test mobile applications for content and usability and support other user-centered evaluation activities
IT support and troubleshooting
- Manage user accounts and authorization profiles
- Load applications to phones
- Trouble-shoot hardware and software issues with mobile devices in clinics and communities
- Liaise with the program team to ensure successful application updates and identify and solve technical issues as they arise
- Communicate clearly with the D-tree team on progress in implementing field activities and any challenges to be addressed
Coordination of health worker and supervisor activities
- Communicate with District Health Management Teams (DHMT) and health workers for planned activities
- Coordinate outreach events, meetings and community engagement activities
- Plan facility and community deployments
- Design and implement trainings and follow-up sessions
- Data collection and monitoring
- Build Ministry of Health and DHMT capacity to manage the program, including CHV and supervisor training, troubleshooting, providing supportive supervision, and utilizing dashboards to monitor performance and outcomes
Monitoring, Learning, and Reporting
- Write reports and success stories about field activities
- Review, evaluate and present findings and learning from project implementation
- Prepare presentations summarizing program progress
- Present program findings to the Ministry of Health during quarterly review meetings
- Required skills and experience
- Work experience: Minimum 2 years’ experience implementing public health or community development programs in Tanzania.
Education: Advanced Diploma.
- Experience implementing and/or providing technical support to Information and Communication Technology programs.
- Prior training and experience in data analysis and visualization software (SQL, Excel).
- Language: Excellent written and spoken English and Kiswahili.
- Telephone/Computer: Must be familiar with use of information technology tools such as mobile devices (including smart phones) and have strong computer skills, including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and internet navigation.
- Should be motivated, detail oriented, well-organized, team player and comfortable working in the field in rural settings
- Proven communication skills, including experience conducting trainings and/or supervision of activities.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision and report remotely.
- Tanzanian national required.
Preferred skills and experience
- University Degree
- Diploma or Degree in an area related to IT or data science highly desired
- Experience with mobile application development in a professional setting
- Strong preference for candidates from Zanzibar or with experience working in Zanzibar.
To apply for this role please follow the instructions below. Applications which do not meet these requirements will not be considered. Please email the following documents to [email protected]
1. Cover letter, clearly and concisely explaining how you meet each of the required skills and experience specified above.
2. Your current Curriculum Vitae (CV) or resume, showing your work history & achievements
3. Write in e-mail subject line: “Zanzibar Technical Field Implementer”
Deadline for applications: Open until filled
If you are not contacted within 30 days please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion. Due to the expected high level of interest in this role it will not be possible for us to contact those candidates who have not been shortlisted for interview.
These positions are contingent upon execution of anticipated grant funding.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE