Beware of Job Scammers!
Please Never Pay Money To Get A Job!
Beware of Job Scammers!
Please Never Pay Money To Get A Job!
Supply Associate - Procurement Services, GS 6, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania (Temporary Appointment - 364 days)Job Number: 515373
Locations: Africa: Tanzania,Uni.Re
Work Type : Temporary Appointment
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you. For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children's survival, protection and development. The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
NEW TANZANIAN JOBS OPPORUNITIES (900+ POSTS)
Purpose for the job
Under the direct supervision of the Supply and Procurement Specialist, the Supply Associate Procurement Services will be coordinating and managing all transactional aspects of the Procurement Services (PS) portfolio/activities, including forecasting and planning of needs, processing of Cost Estimates (CEs) against partner requests, importation permits, customs clearance, monitoring and reporting on PS activities.
Impact of Results
The efficiency and efficacy of the support and assistance provided by the supply associate supports the strengthening of the supply section's capacity in provide cost effective and timely delivery of supplies and services, which in turn strengthens UNICEF's capacity in helping the most vulnerable women and children in Tanzania. The incumbent is expected to provide timely services to all procurement services customers/clients through timely processing of customer requests.
Key Functions, Accountabilities and Related Duties and Tasks
- Responsible for transactional processes, logistics and pipeline monitoring, communication and coordination of procurement services transactions. Provides technical advice on specifications supply and logistics arrangements facilitating efficient procurement, clearance, storage and distribution of supplies and equipment, in support of the country programme procurement services transactions.
- Processing of Cost Estimates (CE) for all procurement services requests and facilitates delivery of goods purchased under procurement services including
- Supports procurement services clients with supply planning of all the annual needs
- Receive and review all procurement services requests before submitting them to Supply division for processing
- Prepare Cost Estimates requests forms for requests and timely share with Supply Division for processing
- Communicate with Supply Division and the clients to ensure needs are clearly understood and the right products/equipment are delivered timely
- Monitoring movement of goods for procurement services clients and ensure their timely clearance and delivery to the clients
- Maintains procurement services requests tracking sheet and share this regularly with clients for follow up and expediting.
- Facilitating importation and delivery of offshore procurement services supplies and equipment through processing of necessary importation permits/documents including duty/tax exemption certificates
- Monitor all offshore purchase orders to ensure timely processing of importation documents and permits (through maintaining an offshore shipping register)
- Prepare all required tax and duty exemption permits/approvals for imported goods and equipment through various relevant government bodies
- Liaise closely with clearing agents and ports authorities to ensure timely clearance and delivery of all offshore shipments
- Liaise with implementing partners for timely delivery and receipt of goods and equipment once cleared from the ports of entry
- Prepare and maintain asset register for all automobiles handed over to implementing partners, including drafting of asset handover forms/agreement and transfer of title forms/agreements
- Manage the procurement services portfolio
- Ensure that key elements of Procurement Services transactions are incorporated into national, donor and UNICEF strategies and vice versa
- Ensure that PS activities/transactions are a drawdown from strategies that have been jointly established between Government and UNICEF
- Work with the government to strengthen pre-ordering and post-delivery activities for existing PS supplies and support them in establishing strategies that will maximize the decisions/impact resulting from the PS partnership.
- Manage the statement of accounts for all PS transactions
Advanced university degree in Supply Chain Management / Procurement / Logistics /Business Administration / Management or a related technical field. First University degree combined with demonstrated professional work experience and understanding of relevant functions may be considered in lieu of advanced university degree, preferably combined with credited courses or certifications from relevant professional bodies in supply chain management, procurement, contracting or logistics.
2. Work Experience
- Three (3) years of progressively responsible professional work experience at the national and or international levels in supply/logistics management in developing countries.
- Proven expertise and experience in procurement process and knowledge of immunization / medical products
- Proven expertise and experience in managing, monitoring and evaluation of national supply chain and logistics systems
- Experience in health logistics systems strengthening and managing immunization programs is an added advantage
Fluency in English and Swahili. A second UN language is an asset.
- Strong analytical skills
- Knowledge of importation and customs processes in Tanzania: Mainland and Zanzibar
- Knowledge of the Tanzanian mainland and Zanzibar context and EPI program
- Excellent facilitation skills, negotiation skills and oral and written communication skills;
1. Core Values
- Diversity and inclusion
- Communication (II)
- Working with people (II)
- Drive for results (II)
- Analyzing (II)
- Applying technical expertise (II)
- Planning and organizing (II)
- Following Instructions and Procedures (II)
Opening Date Mon Aug 27 2018 09:00:00 GMT+0300 (East Africa Time) E. Africa Standard Time
Closing Date Sun Sep 30 2018 23:55:00 GMT+0300 (East Africa Time)