Beware of Job Scammers!
Please Never Pay Money To Get A Job!
Beware of Job Scammers!
Please Never Pay Money To Get A Job!
Jobs Tanzania: Finance Officer Transactional Accounting Job Dar es salaam at Save the Children Tanzania | Deadline: 26th October, 2018
NAFASI ZA KAZI / AJIRA TANZANIA
CHILD SAFEGUARDING: Level 3 – the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people.
As part of these responsibilities the post holder will promote a culture of keeping children safe, and ensure that potential harm to children (by our own staff and/or as a result of how we do our work) is identified and addressed on an ongoing basis. The post holder should report and respond to interventions as determined by position related responsibilities identified in the Child Safeguarding Policy.
NEW TANZANIAN JOBS OPPORUNITIES (400+ POSTS)
ROLE PURPOSE: Under direct supervision of Deputy Director of Finance, the Finance Officer Transactional Accounting [Cash & Banking] is expected to perform financial duties around treasury system and internal control environment, including; to ensure accuracy of payment processing, adherence of organizational policies & procedures and to ensure compliance of statutory obligations.
S/he is expected to ensure that financial regulations and controls are in place at all times, all the payment process is administered and payments are recorded in accordance with Save the Children policies and procedures. The post holder will ensure that cash and bank reconciliations are in place and that financial record keeping is accurate, up to date and meet the required standard.
SCOPE OF ROLE: Save the Children has been operational in Tanzania since 1986 providing support to children through developmental and humanitarian relief programmes delivered in support of GoT priorities and policies both directly and through local partners. Current programming focuses on child protection, child rights governance, education, health & nutrition and emergency response. In 2012, as part of a global reorganization process, Save the Children combined programmes of SCUK, SCUS, SC Sweden to create a single operation in Tanzania.
Reports to: Deputy Director of Finance
Number of direct reports: None
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- The position holder will ensure that all payment requests submitted to finance unit are processed on time in compliance with:
- Save the Children policies and procedures as well as Scheme of Delegation
- Statutory obligations [relevant TAX and VAT laws, compliance with GAAP]
- The post holder will ensure that each payment is backed by a proper audit trail and supporting documents
- The post holder will also ensure that the supporting documents are secured and archived in a retrievable manner
- S/he will ensure Scanning of payment vouchers for uploading them in Agresso /shared folder
- The post holder will be the focal point for all internal and external audits at country office level for matters related to payment processing and will ensure that all audit queries are addressed timely and in an appropriate manner.
Cash Flow Management & Projections
- S/he will coordinate with budget holders, departmental heads and field finance officers for compiling cash projection each month and will assist Roving Finance & Compliance Specialist for compiling country office consolidated cash projection for approval of country director
- S/he will assist Deputy Director Finance to ensure that sufficient but not excessive funds are available for carrying out country operations
- S/he will ensure all payments to suppliers are processed in a timely and accurate manner following organizational policies
- The post holder will manage and control cash in hand for country office including ensuring weekly and monthly cash reconciliation and daily cash counts
- The post holder will also ensure proper management of country office bank accounts, ensure that bank mandate is followed and signatories list is up to date for all offices.
- The post holder will also support coordinator compliance an d reporting for bank reconciliations on monthly basis
- S/he will keep oversight of cash & bank balance and will ensure country office maintains its KPI for cash balances at the end of each month
Online Mobile Payments
- The post holder will ensure that online banking platform is fully functional all the time to facilitate timely Mobile Bulk Payments
- The post holder will not only process country office Mobile Bulk Payments but will also facilitate Mobile Bulk Payments for field offices
- S/he will be responsible to guide program team on the expected compliance documents for Mobile Bulk Payments.
- S/he will coordinate with field office colleagues for payment and subsequent status.
- Keep up to date tracking sheet for all payment submitted to Dar office and provide regular updates to field offices on daily basis
- The post holder will be the focal point and will consult with bank relationship manager for resolving any challenges identified from online platform
Bank Accounts Maintenance
- The post holder will ensure that bank mandates for all the bank accounts is up to date, regularly reviewed and necessary approvals are arranged for required changes
- S/he will ensure that SCI policies are followed for all bank associated matters and all necessary approvals are documented for record purposes
- S/he will keep bank signatories list up to date for all bank accounts and will initiate the process of addition / deletions in consultation with Deputy Director Finance and will secure necessary approvals as per organizational policies
- S/he will take lead for coordinating the process and arranging necessary approvals for opening of new bank accounts or alternately closing of existing bank accounts
- The post holder will ensure that bank accounts information is up to date in FMS /Agresso
- Assist coordinator compliance to ensure all transactions at country office are recorded accurately from all aspects in Agresso and system is up to date for postings on weekly basis.
- Assist coordinator compliance to ensure cash and bank balances are reviewed and reconciled on monthly basis. And bank reconciliation are signed on monthly basis from SSD and CD
- Assist and follow-up on pending advance /receivable balances from staff member and ensure compliance of SCI policy is adhered at all levels
- Assist to ensure that country office KPIs for recording and posting are met according to set benchmarks on monthly basis
- S/he will assist the Deputy Director of Finance on any cash operational challenges or discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Represent the Finance Department on the Procurement Committee, in opening and evaluation of procurement bids
- Ensure SCI’s policies on Fraud and Dishonesty are followed in daily routines, and complied at all level.
- Ensure induction training for all staff on matters associated with payments processing
- Any other task assigned by the line manager
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities
Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages other team members to do the same
Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
Values diversity and different people’s perspectives, able to work cross-culturally
Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
Willing to take disciplined risks.
Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
Commitment to Save the Children values
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor Degree/ Diploma in Accounting/Finance.
- Master Degree/ ACCA /CPA will be a value added for application
- At least 4 years accounting and administration experience preferably in NGO Sector
- Knowledge of computerized accounting application is must requirement with strong analytical skills in spreadsheets
- Demonstrated good skills and experience in managing financial, office administration and logistics systems
- Attention to detail and accuracy, strict adherence to organizational policies, procedures and internal control systems.
- Excellent inter-personal communication skills and strong analytical approach and attention to detail. Fluency in written and oral English communication skills is a requirement.
- Ability to support, work with and interpret financial reports to staff with limited financial skills.
- Commitment to, and understanding of, Save the Children’s Vision, Mission, values, principals, and the Child Protection Policy
Contract - Full-Time
Closing date: Friday 26 October 2018
All jobs close at midnight UK time on the date specified