Beware of Job Scammers!
Please Never Pay Money To Get A Job!
Beware of Job Scammers!
Please Never Pay Money To Get A Job!
NAFASI ZA KAZI / AJIRA TANZANIARoving Finance & Compliance Specialist
CHILD SAFEGUARDING: Level 3 – the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people.
As part of these responsibilities the post holder will promote a culture of keeping children safe, and ensure that potential harm to children (by our own staff and/or as a result of how we do our work) is identified and addressed on an ongoing basis. The post holder should report and respond to interventions as determined by position related responsibilities identified in the Child Safeguarding Policy.
NEW TANZANIAN JOBS OPPORUNITIES (400+ POSTS)
As a member the country senior financial management team, the Roving Finance & Compliance Specialist is responsible to ensure strong financial management with strategic focus at all levels. Under the direct supervision of SSD /Deputy Director Finance, the post holder will ensure that robust financial controls and standards are followed at all levels to support operational activities. The post holder will also ensure increased coordination and collaboration between field offices, partners and country office.
The post holders is expected to act as a champion of save the children policies and procedures and will take reasonable measures to ensure that all such policies and procedures are followed in all the offices. The post holder will also ensure that internal controls exists at all levels and that save the children offices are complaint with all statutory obligations.
The post holder will also ensure that sub-grantees adhere to all its grant management obligations in line with internal policies, procedures and processes and donors’ rules and regulations.
S/he will act as fraud focal point and will assist Director Support Service for delivering fraud awareness sessions /refreshers for Save the Children staff, partners and other stakeholders.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Save the Children has been operational in Tanzania since 1986 providing support to children through developmental and humanitarian relief programmes delivered in support of GoT priorities and policies both directly and through local partners. Current programming focuses on child protection, child rights governance, education, health & nutrition and emergency response. In 2012, as part of a global reorganization process, Save the Children combined programmes of SCUK, SCUS, SC Sweden to create a single operation in Tanzania.
Reports to: Director of Support Services
Dimensions: Based in Dar Es Salaam with 70% traveling to field offices and partners
Number of direct reports: None at the moment (TBD).
The post holder will develop and maintain strong professional relationships with his/her counterparts in awards, partnership, HR and supply chain functions to ensure compatibility and working better together, as well as creating platforms for sharing best practice and lessons learned from compliance aspects.
S/he will also work very closely with field managers and budget holders to ensure that field and partner visits are w ell coordinated for ensuring compliance.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- The post holder will ensure that effective systems and controls are put in place, and regularly reviewed, to allow adequate financial management
- S/he will ensure that sub-offices receive adequate support to operate efficiently, provide periodic visits and capacity building to finance and non-finance staff on SCI financial policies, procedures and processes
- The position holder will ensure that field offices as well as partners are complying with policies and procedures set out by Save the Children policies and its donor [Awards team to be consulted for relevant donor polices & Procedures]
- S/he will ensure that field offices and partners are complying with all statutory obligations including but not limiting to tax & VAT laws, compliance with GAAP, filling returns, statutory deductions or any other Govt requirement
- With frequent travels the post holder will ensure that expenditure incurred at field offices and at partners level is properly supported by auditable evidence. The post holder will also ensure that the supporting documents are secured and archived in a retrievable manner
- The post holder Support on all internal and external audit engagements and processes including implementing recommendations on their findings
- Work with Program Managers to ensure that systems are in place for the control of all assets, funds, equipment, property, and facilities;
- Ensure that all financial transactions from field offices and partners are fully supported and are all captured in FMS [i.e. Agresso] accurately on weekly basis
- Maintain and ensure the integrity of the computerized accounting systems and liaise with Help Desk in the Centre for any support required as it arises
- Provide support to Finance Coordinator for compliance and reporting for reviewing and reconciling cash and bank balances for field locations
- Follow-up on pending advance /receivable balances from staff member related to field offices and ensure compliance of SCI policy is adhered at all levels
- Ensure application of effort reporting, cost allocation methodology and premises guidelines in all field offices
- Ensure country office KPIs for recording and posting are met according to set benchmarks on monthly basis
Financial Planning and Budgeting
- Assist Deputy Director Finance on annual budget exercises (country office master budget), quarterly revisions and analysis of financial performance of the country and field operations. This is mainly associated with field offices budget and financial planning
- Work closely with Deputy Director of Finance to support on financial aspects of budget development for new proposals from field office aspects
- Ensure budget holders understand their responsibilities (e.g., through training) for budget management
Cash Flow Management & Projections
- S/he will work with budget holders to estimate funds request on a timely basis to ensure resources are in place for carrying out project activities
- In consultation with field program managers and other head of units in country office, s/he will ensure preparation and submission of cash flow requirements for country program [To be authorized by CD]
- S/he will ensure that sufficient funds are available for sub-offices and the country office
- S/he will keep oversight of cash & bank balance and will ensure country office maintains its KPI for cash balances at the end of each month
Payroll, Statutory Deductions and Month-end Processing
- S/he will work closely with HR for country office payroll preparation and assist DSS for review of payroll before arranging approval from CD for processing of payroll
- The post holder will be responsible for preparation of staff salaries transfer and ensure income tax and other deductions are remitted on as per monthly deadlines set by Tanzania tax authorities
- S/he will ensure payroll posting and reconciliations with proper audit trail
- The post will assist Deputy Director Finance for filling statutory returns on monthly basis
- S/he will ensure availability in Dar every month to support on the month-end processing and supporting Deputy Director on assigned tasks
Partner Monitoring, Compliance & Capacity Building:
- The post holder will conduct verification of Partner’s expenditure [according to SGAs] to ensure that they are properly supported and are in accordance with the approved work plan, donor /SCI rules and regulation and statutory law. As part of the review process s/he will also assess internal controls and partner’s capacity for financial management.
- S/he will provide compliance reports to Director Support Service and communicate in writing to Programme Managers of any areas where noncompliance exists or expenditures cannot be verified.
- S /he will follow up on any issues raised following these reviews to ensure that they are properly addressed.
- Based on review visits and compliance report, s/he will ensure that partner expenditure is liquated and recorded accurately in Agresso.
- S/he will ensure that all partner’s payments are supported by proper audit trail and that at any time the Partners balances in Agresso reconcile with Partner’s advance balances.
- The post holder will also support in partner’s assessments and providing key trainings on financial controls and management
- Represent the Finance Department on the Procurement Committee, in opening and evaluation of procurement bids
- Ensure SCI’s policies on Fraud and Dishonesty are embedded in daily routines, and complied at all level in accounting cycle
- Ensure induction training for all staff, and periodic refresher training for key finance staff is provided and documented
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
Holds the broader team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities
Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and take responsibility for their own personal development
Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale
Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to; builds and maintains effective relationships with colleagues, managers, members and external partners and supporters
Values diversity and different people’s perspectives, able to work cross-culturally.
Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
Willing to take disciplined risks
Honest, encourages openness and transparency
Commitment to Save the Children values
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree in finance or business administration or similar relevant area;
- Additional professional certificates - ACCA/CPA is highly desirable
- Minimum 6 (Six) years of relevant work experience with at least 3 (three) years in an INGO /National NGO in Managerial Capacity. Previous INGO experience is strongly preferred.
- Excellent inter-personal communication skills
- Strong analytical approach and attention to detail.
- Ability to support, work with and interpret financial reports to staff with limited financial skills.
- Proven experience in budget preparations and reporting is highly desired
- Knowledge of computerized accounting application is must requirement with strong analytical skills in spreadsheets
- Fluency in written and oral English communication skills
Location: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Contract - Full-Time
Closing date: Friday 26 October 2018
All jobs close at midnight UK time on the date specified