Beware of Job Scammers!
Please Never Pay Money To Get A Job!
Beware of Job Scammers!
Please Never Pay Money To Get A Job!
NAFASI ZA KAZI / AJIRA TANZANIA
Title Comms & Partnership Analyst
Job ID 19514
End Date 03/12/2018
Duty Station Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, United Republic of
Digital communication is also part of the Communications and Partnership Specialist daily work who ensures effective management and development of the UNDP Tanzania Website and management of the social channels (Facebook, Twitter accounts). This includes writing, editing and publishing articles and contents in all digital channels.
The Communications and Partnership Specialist stays abreast of new trends within the field of communication.
The Communications & Partnerships Specialist promotes a client-oriented approach in UNDP and contributes to enhancing and maintaining the visibility of UNDP work in the country. (S)/he works in close collaboration with the members of the PSSU, Programme and Operations teams in the CO, staff of other UN Agencies – UNCG, UNDP HQs staff (Communications Office) and the Regional Service Center Communications Advisor, Government communication officials, media, private sector and, where appropriate, multilateral and bilateral partners and civil society.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of Key Functions:
Summary of Key Functions:
• Formulation and support to the implementation of communications, partnership, advocacy and publication strategies for the CO.
• Support to implementation of key UN interagency communication activities.
• Maintenance of websites, digital platforms, web-based knowledge management systems.
• Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing.
• Mobilization of resources for communication and partnerships.
Formulation and support to implementation of CO communications, partnerships, advocacy and publication strategies as well as related actions plans / materials, focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Elaboration and implementation of the CO communications and partnership/outreach strategies and action plans, as well as the publications strategy and related action plans, based on the relevant corporate policies and guidance;
• Conduct communications needs assessments for the Country Office (projects, country programme and corporate change initiatives, etc.);
• Identification and development of storylines for publications and substantive articles contributing to debates on key development issues;
• Increase coverage and understanding of the UNDP’s work in the country or practice area through development and maintenance of media contacts and providing newsworthy information to national public and partners;
• Effective management of Country Office publication/communication activities, such as drafting articles, project; fact sheets, content management, norms for publishing, design, and in close collaboration with operations, maintain regular contact with printers and other suppliers to ensure quality of production and publications dissemination;
• Development/production of communication and advocacy materials for marketing and awareness-raising campaigns, including briefing materials and media materials in coordination with the supervisor.
Develops and ensures implementation of the CO publications strategy and key UN interagency communication activities focusing on the achievement of the following results:
• Implementation of the CO publications strategy and plan, based on the corporate publications policy;
• Coordination and management of CO publication activities, such as content management, norms for publishing, design, etc;
• Suggestions, inputs, content development, coordination of production and dissemination of press releases, publications, articles and sharing of CO knowledge and successes;
• Coordinate sharing of CO knowledge, successes with partners for mobilization of resources, contributing to results reporting;
• Effective contribution from UNDP to the UN Communications Working Group/Joint Communication Work Plan and in agreed UN campaigns;
• In consultation with senior management, leverage the visibility of and benefit to UNDP of UN joint communications activities and visibility of UNDP within Delivering as One (DaO);
• Organization/participation in and implementation of joint UN information campaigns (UN Day, World AIDS Day, etc.);
• Participate in project monitoring and field visits to document project results, create a database for evidence of results and support in programme reporting.
Ensures effective management, development and maintenance of web sites, web-based knowledge management systems and facilitation of knowledge building and sharing focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Continuously updated and high-quality CO web site in line with corporate branding requirements, UNDP transparency requirements, best practices, the annual scorecard target ensuring the website contains success stories, projects and other relevant information;
• Preparation and solicitation of the content for the web sites ensuring newsworthiness, consistency of the materials and high profile of UNDP projects and of DaO;
• Quality review and assurance of UNDP project websites;
• Maintenance of other web-based knowledge management platforms such as SharePoint Yammer and databases as assigned;
• Ensure that programme reports appropriately capture the reach to the target population mainly the poor, the marginalized including issues of gender and women empowerment are clearly communicated.
• Contribution to DaO knowledge management processes as applicable;
• Support to CO staff in identification, documenting and drafting of best practices and lessons learned for communications;
• Organization of training for the CO and project staff on effective communications and advocacy;
• Support the development of high-quality project communications activities;
• Preparation of content for the website, including social media platforms to ensure consistency of the materials.
• Ensure that the contents of UNDP web platforms and official social media accounts are kept up to date, and populated with relevant information;
• Upload information onto the relevant platforms;
• Effectively manage, lead and implement social media campaigns i.e. in relation to international days.
• Maintain a library of photos/videos from projects/events;
• Contributions to knowledge network and communities of practice including corporate communications repositories;
• Provision of training for staff on internal and external communications.
Under the overall guidance of the supervisor and CD, support to Resource Mobilization for communication and partnerships development strategies and positioning of UNDP focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Under the overall guidance of the supervisor, provide input to the assessment of CO opportunities for resource mobilization and identification and mapping of current and potential communication partners;
• Analysis of communication and partnership trends in key national development programme and sectoral policies currently being discussed and implemented in the country and key partners willing to support these policies;
• Research on communication partners and prepare briefs accordingly for management;
• Identification of emerging sources of funding for communication and partnership; assessment of their current usage and potential for the future;
• Design and update outreach/publicity material geared towards partners and donors;
• Compliance with partner requirements, including monitoring of partnership activities, systematized CO reporting to partners;
• Ensure alignment and compliance of UNDP resource mobilization for communication and partnership activities with UN joint resource mobilization policy;
• Identification of opportunities for UNDP in its relationship with other UN Agencies;
• Analysis of requirements and synthesis of proposals for development and implementation of CO strategy for partnering with UN Agencies around UNDAP, SDGs and other joint programming for implementation of UN Reform;
• Support to the organization of external events to raise the profile of UNDP vis-à-vis its partners.
Read Also: NEW TANZANIAN JOBS OPPORUNITIES (480+ POSTS)
Impact of Results;
The key results have an impact on the reputation and standing of UNDP and the UN in the country. High quality information material and well-organized public events enhances UNDP’s position as a strong development partner.
Ability to make new and useful ideas work
Level 4: Adept with complex concepts and challenges convention purposefully
Ability to persuade others to follow
Level 4: Generates commitment, excitement and excellence in others
Ability to improve performance and satisfaction
Level 4: Models independent thinking and action
Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
Level 4: Synthesizes information to communicate independent analysis
Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement
Level 4: Meets goals and quality criteria for delivery of products or services
Knowledge of sustainable development concepts, principles and issues and the ability to apply to strategic and/or practical situations, covering the economic, social and environmental dimensions
Development Planning and Monitoring
Ability to develop business and planning processes at the national and local level and the ability to apply to strategic and/or practical situations
Ability to engage and foster strategic partnerships with other parties, inter-agency coordination and forge productive working relationships
Ability to manage programmes and projects with a strategy aimed at improved performance and demonstrable results
Ability to plan, organize, motivate, and control resources, procedures and protocols to achieve specific goals
Ability to capture, develop, share and effectively use information and knowledge
Brand & Quality Management
Ability to strengthen UNDP’s identity and distinction through its brand and uphold it to a high level of quality
Ability to communicate visually and create appealing UNDP graphic products
Ability to communicate the value and distinct characteristics of a product or service and to understand the market landscape
Ability to form and maintain meaningful working relationships with various members of the media
Originating and/or editing written content for media and the general public to be disseminated through press or other online outlets
Ability to manage information sharing and parntership alliances between the UNDP and the public
Ability to represent and promote the UNDP brand in virtual communities / networks and promote citizen engagement in UNDP’s work
Web Design Ability to create and design web content
Brief & Speech Writing Ability to prepare quality briefs and/or speeches
Required Skills and Experience
• Master’s degree (or Equivalent) in International relations, Journalism, Business Administration, Partnership, Communications, Social Sciences or related field.
• 5 years of relevant working experience at the national and/or international level in public relations, providing communication packages to promote the activities of human development or advocacy, business development experience is required, with knowledge of marketing/communication;
• Previous experience with a multilateral or international organization is helpful but not mandatory;
• Knowledge and experience in handling of web-based management systems.
• At least 3 years of relevant experience at the national or international level in public relations, communications or advocacy;
• Expereince working in Development programme/projects communication;
• Experience in handling of web-based management systems is a requirement;
• Experience in CQ5 is an asset;
• Experience in the usage of computers and Microsoft Office software (MS Word, Excel, etc) packages is a requirement;
• Experience from editing/writing/adapting text to different audiences;
• Good knowledge in InDesign, Illustrator and Lightroom is a requirement;
• Knowledge in other Adobe Creative programs is an asset;
• Good Communication Skills
• Proficiency in English and Swahili
• Working knowledge of other UN language desirable
Important applicant information
All posts in the GS categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.