Beware of Job Scammers!
Please Never Pay Money To Get A Job!
Beware of Job Scammers!
Please Never Pay Money To Get A Job!
AJIRA TANZANIA 2019 / NAFASI ZA KAZI 2019
Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Job Title: Cost Manager
Application Deadline: 2019-02-15
CoST – the Infrastructure Transparency Initiative is the leading global initiative improving transparency and accountability in public infrastructure.
CoST works with government, private sector and civil society to promote the disclosure, validation and interpretation of data from infrastructure projects. This helps to inform and empower citizens and enables them to hold decision makers to account.
The initiative was initially piloted in eight countries including Tanzania through the support of the U.K, Department for International Development (DfID). Tanzania is currently implementing CoST with other 14 countries spanning 4 continents.
The Multi-Stakeholder Group (MSG) composed of Government, private sector and civil society constituencies’ representatives oversee implementation of CoST-Tanzania. The Secretariat of CoST-Tanzania is hosted by the National Construction Council (NCC) and headed by the CoST Manager (CM) who is responsible for coordinating technical operations as well as overseeing administration of day-to-day functions of the Secretariat in accordance with the prevailing CoST Rules.
The CM position requires a competent individual with proven knowledge, skills and experience in project-cum-financia! management, multi-stakeholder-donor-funded arrangements and strong background knowledge of Tanzania construction sector/industries. The successful CM will report to the Chairperson of MSG, and will work from the CoST-Tanzania Secretariat.
- Prepare Annual Budget and funding applications to deliver the activities specified in the CoST-Tanzania Implementation Plans.
- Prepare quarterly financial management reports for the MSG and CoST International Secretariat (IS).
- To ensure end of year financial statements/reports in line with existing financial reporting regulations for external auditing are timely prepared.
- Manage funding records from Development Partners’ (DPs) and other donors, and liaise with key persons to ensure smooth and sustained funding flow to CoST-Tanzania.
- Promote CoST and Solicit funding for CoST-Tanzania programme activities.
- Monitor income and expenditure of CoST-Tanzania funding, and prepare reports as regularly required by MSG.
- Approve payments to suppliers and consultants in compliance with the CoST Financial Regulations procedures and guidelines.
- Manage public procurement of works, materials and services under existing public procurement legal and regulatory framework,
- Advise MSG on adopting appropriate applicable financial management systems and procedures.
- Coordinate Multi-Stakeholder Group meetings, including pre-meeting agenda consultations.
- Serve as Secretary to all MSG meeting, Annual General meetings, Technical meetings and minutes shall be kept of all such meetings in books kept for the purpose,
- Coordinate CoST-Tanzania public engagement meetings including disclosure events, and Annual General Meetings,
- Oversee and develop innovative office systems and procedures.
- Ensure preparation of CoST-Tanzania internal HR/staffing, ICT, communication and standard office practice manual for MSG endorsement, and thereafter application in running CoST-Tanzania administrative affairs.
- Co-ordinate recruitment of staff and mobilization of new members.
- Set, support and monitor performance of staff targets.
NEW TANZANIAN JOBS OPPORUNITIES 2019 (470+ POSTS)
- Efficiently and effectively manage delivery of CoST-Tanzania implementation work- plans.
- Coordinate technical assistance (TA) and capacity building activities as reflected in the work-plan.
- Assist MSG to procure and manage consultants to deliver technical assistance such as the assurance process and baseline studies consistent with implementation work-plan.
- Work with relevant Ministries and Procuring Entities to identify capacity building requirements for the disclosure of CoST Infrastructure Data Standard (IDS).
- Work with Civil Society Organizations (CSO) and the Private Sector to identify their capacity building needs and requirements to effectively engage and use IDS.
- Co-ordinate policy research functions relevant to CoST Tanzania mandate.
- Produce policy briefs and documents, procedures, terms of reference, guidance materials, etc. for CoST-Tanzania programme as agreed by MSG.
- Prepare regular country progress reports on a quarterly basis for submission to MSG and International Secretariat.
- Ensure CoST-Tanzania implementation work-plan is always up-to-date and timely (quarterly) submitted to MSG and International Secretariat.
Stakeholder Engagement and Communications
- Review (design) CoST-Tanzania communication strategy for MSG endorsement and subsequent application.
- Engage with DPs, Government, Private Sector and Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) to support CoST-Tanzania.
- Use various communication tools including newsletters and social media to communicate with stakeholders.
- Organize and deliver CoST-Tanzania stakeholders’ engagement events.
- Maintain frequent communication with CoST IS to keep it updated on progress, including challenges arising thereof and additional support required for CoST-Tanzania progress as approved by the MSG.
- Respond to queries related to transparency issues in the Tanzania construction sector.
- Liaise with media for the sole purpose of promoting the goal of CoST-Tanzania and the construction sector transparency in general.
- Coordinate publishing to ensure relevant articles from CoST-Tanzania are published in the local media and the International CoST bulletin as approved by the MSG.
- Liaise with CoST IS to ensure relevant CoST-Tanzania content appears on the CoST-International website.
- Update CoST-Tanzania website to ensure material information availability to stakeholders,
Successful applicants should possess the following:- Education
At least a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university specialized in construction and/or business administration related fields,
At least 5 years of proven practical experience in a Managerial position in implementing construction projects. The following will be an added advantage:
- Management of multi-stakeholder arrangements.
- Management of DPs funded projects/programmes.
Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrated project management skills and ability to manage several simultaneous activities in a fast-paced environment;
- Knowledge of Tanzania Construction Industry
- Excellent technical and financial report writing
- Computer application (MS Office, internet-based tools)
- Excellent communication, writing and analytical skills;
- Strong oral presentation skills;
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili;
- Ability to manage a team to coordinate and leverage different competencies;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and to work independently;
- Integrity and professional discretion;
- Pleasant, diplomatic manner and disposition in interacting with colleagues and the general public.
Willingness to travel within and outside Tanzania
MODE OF APPLICATION
Applicants should send, in a sealed envelope, their respective detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), certified copies of certificates and application letters detailing amongst others, contacts addresses and names of three referees to the undersigned. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.
The sealed envelope should be clearly marked “Application for CoST-Tanzania Manager”.
c/o Chief Executive Officer,
National Construction Council,
11th floor, Samora Tower,
P.O. Box 70039,
Dar es Salaam,