Beware of Job Scammers!
Please Never Pay Money To Get A Job!
Beware of Job Scammers!
Please Never Pay Money To Get A Job!
AJIRA TANZANIA 2019 / NAFASI ZA KAZI 2019
The Government of Tanzania through the Ministry of Education, Science and Technology is currently implementing the National Skills Development Strategy (NSDS) to particularly address the issues on the current low skill levels of the workforce, the future demand for higher occupational skill levels in a more diversified and competitive industrial and service economy and the need to scale up and improve the quality of vocational training and technical education. The NSDS is a ten-year strategy (2016/17 – 2025/26) and its interventions are designed to have a transformative impact on the skills supply system for industries with high potential for growth and job creation.
Tanzania Private Sector Foundation (TPSF) has been mandated by the Government to establish Sector Skills Councils (SSCs) for six selected economic sectors namely Agribusiness and Agro-Processing, Transport and Logistics, Tourism and Hospitality, Energy, Construction, and ICT. SSCs are expected to be platforms to promote public-private cooperation by way of collaboration with regard to skills development for the said sectors. SSCs are part of the governance structures of the “Education and Skills for Productive Jobs (ESPJ) Program for Results”, currently supported by the World Bank through the Ministry of Education, Science and Technology (MoEST).
ESPJ Program for Results has been developed to address specific skills challenges as outlined in the National Skills Development Strategy (NSDS). The ESPJ addresses needs in respect of human capital as outlined in Tanzania’s National Development Vision 2025 (FYDPI & FYDPII). The strategy is closely aligned to the Education and Training Policy (ETP) 2015, as well as to other policies namely, the Integrated Industrial Development Strategy (IIDS) 2025, the National Employment Policy (NEP).
TPSF was formally incorporated under the Companies Act (Cap 212) as a company limited by guarantee on 4th November, 1998 for the purpose of promoting private sector-led social and economic development in Tanzania. As an apex and focal private sector organization (PSO), TPSF seeks to promote effective engagement with the government and other stakeholders on matters of policy development and ensuring sustainable provision of services to members. It acts as a common voice of the private sector to advocate and create an enabling environment for doing business and attracting investments.
TPSF therefore commands significant influence and importance locally and internationally. It has a unique position as the government’s partner in policy and advocacy, public private partnership (PPP), high-level dialogue platforms and National budget. TPSF has thus stood tall and bold on many issues of national and sectoral importance.
Job Title: PROCUREMENT MANAGER
Application Deadline: 2019-02-15
Duties & Responsibilities
The primary responsibility of the Procurement Manager is to arrange and handle procurement processes according to the Procurement Plan of the Project and ensure strict compliance with the procurement Guidelines of the World Bank and the Public Procurement Act, 2004 and its regulations, including usage of standard bidding/contracts documents as well as preparation of necessary reports for the Project Coordinator, the Ministry of Education, Science and Technology as well as TPSF.
The Procurement Manager will work as an integral part of the Project Management Team and be responsible for coordination of procurement processes, elaboration of procurement plans, tender documentation, facilitating negotiations with contractors, consultants and suppliers and manage the delivery of works, goods and services. The specific responsibilities of the Procurement Manager shall include but are not limited to
- Provision of guidance, technical oversight, and professional procurement advise on all matters related to procurement activities of the project;
- Prepare and update Annual Procurement Plan (APP) based on annual work plans and budget;
- Preparing procurement notices, expression of interests, bidding documents and requests for proposals (RFP) to guarantee compliance with the World Bank guidelines;
- Advising on the most appropriate procurement methods;
- Keeping track of agreed dates in the tender documents and liaising with implementing units to ensure that all activities take place on the dates stipulated in the tender documents;
- Arranging and attending bid-opening meetings for all procurement packages, and advising on the proceedings and record minutes;
- Assisting and providing advice on the conduct of bid evaluation and Drafting of contracts;
- Preparing and maintaining procurement records and contracts register;
- Assist PMU in producing all necessary reports for submission to the Ministerial Tender Board and the World Bank.
- Attend all issues related to contract supervision/ management and administration;
NEW TANZANIAN JOBS OPPORUNITIES 2019 (400+ POSTS)
The Procurement Manager is expected to have the following relevant skills and qualifications:
- University degree with major in a relevant discipline and training in procurement work;
- A post graduate degree will be an added advantage; £
- At least 5 years of general experience with experience in public procurement work;
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience in procurement under any Donor Funded Project
- Good knowledge of all concepts, principles and approaches to procurement, and of public procurement system, functions and practices, familiar with Public Procurement Act of 2004 with its associated regulations and Guidelines of various Development Partners.
The Procurement Manager shall report directly to the TPSF Executive Director.
The ideal candidate must be well organized, self-motivated, highly responsible and able to work in teams, analytical, conceptually thinking, ability to take risks and make independent decisions; ability to work unsupervised and under pressure; fluency in spoken and written English; and with good computer skills.
All these positions will be recruited on a one-year renewal basis and receive an attractive salary commensurate to the level of skills and experience. The contract may be renewed contingent upon project budgeting and satisfactory performance evaluation.
Deadlines & Requirements
The deadline is two (2) weeks after appearance of this advertisement
Please send your well written Application Letter accompanied by your updated CV.
Your submission should be made online through [email protected].org