Beware of Job Scammers!
Please Never Pay Money To Get A Job!
Beware of Job Scammers!
Please Never Pay Money To Get A Job!
AJIRA TANZANIA 2019 / NAFASI ZA KAZI 2019
Position: Country Consultant
Overview: This position is responsible for leading, managing, representing and setting the overall direction of World Renew’s strategy, partnerships and programs in Tanzania. This position must ensure that the implementation of the country strategy is in line with World Renew’s vision, outcomes, policies and procedures. The Country Consultant is responsible for high-level representation to the government, donors and alliances, such as ACT Alliance, Integral Alliance and other relevant alliances to the work of World Renew in Tanzania. The Country Consultant has overall responsibility for security management and health and safety for World Renew staff within the country.
1. Facilitate learning and networking in World Renew-Tanzania partner meetings
2. Manage the overall partnerships in the country by providing coaching/training to improve policies, programs and systems
3. Ensure that partners have the capacity to build local, sustainable community based organizations to implement and sustain the programs
4. Strategic Oversight:
a. Monitor emerging socio-economic and political developments and emerging humanitarian situations in the country
b. Ensure World Renew’s Quality Standards are contextualized and prioritized at the country level and that non-negotiable requirements are consistently applied
c. Pursue opportunities to influence and engage across networks and denominations at the country level on behalf of people living in poverty, vulnerable to and affected by disaster
5. Overall responsibility for host government relations, partnerships, operations and provision of services (finance, human resources, information technology, technical/sector support, and logistics) required to deliver the country strategy
6. Team Management:
a. Lead the management team, ensuring clarity over plans and priorities, providing supervision, guidance and mentoring, encouraging effective teamwork and inclusiveness and building a team spirit and team culture characterized by a shared vision, commitment and mutual accountability that reflects World Renew’s values
b. Support team members in their management and development of others, and their implementation of role objectives, work plans and budgets
c. Carry out performance appraisals and one to one meetings according to the World Renew performance management procedures and talent management strategy, and take appropriate remedial action to address any areas of poor performance
7. Responsible for security management, including advising on security plans and monitoring that they are updated when scheduled, ensure staff are fully trained on appropriate security measures, staff understand individual and collective responsibilities for safety and security, incidents are appropriately reported, critical learning is recorded and corrective actions taken
8. Responsible for financial accountability of all country team resources
9. Responsible for managing collaborative relationship with other countries in the region
10. Perform other duties as assigned
This position is responsible for the supervision of the Program Consultant and country hire staff
1. Mature Christian committed to serving Jesus Christ. Membership in a Christian church and agreement with the doctrine of the CRC signified by signing a covenant statement is required.
2. Strong servant leadership and supervisory skills, including the ability and willingness to work in a team setting, to identify and foster the use of the gifts of team members
3. Demonstrated ability in cross-cultural communications to build effective relationships between parties of different interests, values or cultural backgrounds
4. Demonstrated commitment to promote a work environment that values diversity and equality, as well as have respectful relationships with others
5. Proactive and able to work with minimal supervision
6. Committed to working towards gender equality, equity and justice in all aspects of our programming, plans, policies and organizational structure
7. Demonstrated passion for, and ability to, implement, improve and integrate community transformation, organizational capacity building and disaster response through consultation.
8. Commitment to core development and disaster response concepts, models and values
9. Demonstrated ability to help organizations in their management of conflict and complex situations where multiple stakeholders may be involved
10. Demonstrated strong communication skills
11. Demonstrated program planning, management, reporting and evaluation skills
12. Demonstrated financial skills in budgeting, reporting and oversight
13. Demonstrated networking and collaboration skills (both internal and external to the organizations and agencies, including government agencies)
14. Demonstrated competence in Microsoft Office software products
15. Demonstrated skills in fund raisingRead Also:
NEW TANZANIAN JOBS OPPORUNITIES 2019 (390+ POSTS)
1. A Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field is required
2. Minimum of 5 years of cross-cultural working experience (international preferred) is required
3. Minimum of 3 years of community development and organizational consultation experience is required
4. Minimum of 3 years in management position or organizational development is required
1. Excellent written and oral English
2. Basic Kiswahili or willingness to learn it and improve proficiency
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Living and travel conditions with unreliable access to water and electricity and increased exposure to accidents and illness
2. Travel in insecure and/or impoverished areas which will have limited infrastructure or support structures
3. Travel up to 25% of the time to carry out assigned duties
End Date: 3/25/2019