Beware of Job Scammers!
Please Never Pay Money To Get A Job!
Beware of Job Scammers!
Please Never Pay Money To Get A Job!
Jobs Tanzania: RV 517 Study Coordinator Job Mbeya at Henry Jackson Foundation Medical Research International (HJFMRI) | Deadline: 21st February, 2019
AJIRA TANZANIA 2019 / NAFASI ZA KAZI 2019
Henry Jackson Foundation Medical Research International (HJFMRI) In Support of the U.S. Military HIV Research Program (MHRP)is an internatP)is an international non-governmental organization working in several countries providing care and treatment to people affected by HIV/AIDS and conducting research studies and has been actively involved in HIV and AIDS programming for over 30 years.
HJFMRI implements PEPFAR funded HIV prevention, care and treatment activities in the Southern Highlands, providing resources, personnel ans, personnel and services to the Zone. The program has expanded from supporting the Mbeya Zonal Referral Hospital in becoming a hub for anti-retroviral treatment in the Southern Highlands zone; to community support through decentralized services, with the overall objective of implementing research, clinical HIV, preventiol HIV, prevention, care and treatment services in Mbeya, Rukwa, Katavi, Ruvuma and Songwe regions in the zone.
In collaboration with the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MoHCDGEC) and community NGOs, HJFMRNGOs, HJFMRI has been leading a comprehensive HIV and AIDS care and support program in the Southern Highlands of Tanzania since 2004. The program, which is sub-contracting with Regional Health Management Teams (RHMTs) and 14 community outreach partners, extends to 25 district councils in the five regions. Collee regions. Collectively, the zone, which has one of the highest HIV prevalence rates in Tanzania, represents a catchment area with close to 6 million people (13% of the population of Tanzania mainland). Despite remarkable achievements made over the past ten years, the expansion of HIV care and treatment interventions remterventions remains critical both at the facility as well as the community level.
HJFMRI is seeking qualified candidates to fill the position below.
Job Title: RV 517 Study Coordinator (1)
Reports to: Research Director
Location: Mbeya Region
The Henry Jackson Foundation Medical Research International (HJFMRI) funded through the Department of Defense under PEPFAR works to support HIV/AIDS Prevention, testing, care and treatment services in the regions of Mbeya, Rukwa, Ruvuma and Katavi in the Southern Highlands of Tanzania. As it implements these activities HJFMRI is evaluating the impact through PEPFAR Implementation Science Studies. With this in mind, HJFMRI seeks to fill the position of a Research Data Management Officer for the RV 517 Study: Prevalence of, and factors associated with virologic suppression and drug resistance in HIV positive children and adolescents in Tanzania. The overall aim is to understand what patient-level and facility-level factors contribute to better virologic outcomes in children and adolescents
The candidate will work under the supervision of the RV 517 Principal Investigator/Research Director to execute the RV 517 study. This will include carrying out field visits to collect relevant data for the study and other duties as assigned by the RV 517 Principal Investigator/Research Director.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The candidate will be responsible for planning and coordinating the initiation of the RV 517 research study protocol. He/She will be responsible for the day to day logistics of the planning and implementation of RV 517 Research Study. This will require working closely with the RV 517 Research Study Principal Investigator, Research Assistants, Data Management Officer, Counsellors, Nurses and all other personnel involved in the study. S/he will oversee the daily smooth running of the clinical and laboratory aspects of the RV 517 Research Study.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The main responsibilities of the RV 517 Study Coordinator will be to:
- Coordinate and administer research study associated activities;
- Coordinate the day-to-day activities of any technical support staff specifically engaged in the carrying out of RV 517 Research Study execution.
- Plan and coordinate the RV 517 Research Study staff to ensure that study goals are met;
- Coordinate the recruitment of RV 517 Research Study participants, documentation of study procedures, sample transportation, testing and reporting.
- Coordinate laboratory and clinical data management by ensuring all laboratory data (VL and HIVDR data) is recorded in study documents and verify that the required and appropriate samples are stored for sending to Kenya for HIVDR).
NEW TANZANIAN JOBS OPPORUNITIES 2019 (400+ POSTS)
- Ensures the smooth and efficient day-to-day operation of research and data collection activities;
- Maintains or delegates as necessary the maintenance of the Investigator Files and patient enrollment files;
- Oversees quality control and assurance of daily operations.
- Works closely with the P.I to organize regular advisory board and steering committee meetings;
- Oversee and coordinate the provision of administrative and staff services to the Principal Investigator and Associate Investigators;
- Develops and maintains record keeping systems and procedures;
- Oversee and manage budget allocations, including staff allowances and purchasing; H Serve as principle administrative liaison for the project.
- Serve as primary point of contact person for Program Research Activities in the absence of the Research Director.
- Plans, implements, and maintains data collection and analysis systems in support of research protocol; may coordinate the collection and analysis of research data;
- Assists in project planning, and ensure that pre-established work scope, study protocol, and regulatory requirements are followed.
- Assist the Research Director in Planning and executing Research activities in the Program. He/She will serve as the assistant to the Research Director.
- Monitor the progress of research activities; develop and maintain records of research activities, prepares reports of protocol deviations/adverse events as needed and prepares periodic and adhoc reports, as required by investigators, administrators and the RV 517 funding agency, and/or regulatory bodies;
- Reports to the Study P.I with frequent updates of implementation.
- Work with Data management Officer and Quality Assurance Officer to ensure study staff compliance with data integrity and security policies.
- Carry out other duties as assigned by the Research Director.
- Minimum of one-year clinical research experience. C3 Hold a degree in a clinical field or equivalent.
- Familiarity with clinical research-based principles.
- Minimum two years experience in program coordination related to HIV research.
- Demonstrated understanding of the complexity of issues relating to HIV/AIDS.
- Have documented Ethical and GCP training.
- Have knowledge on dealing with IRB Approvals, Review of Protocols and conversant with Codes of Ethics of Clinical Research.
- Further formal training in HIV (e.g. counseling, treatment literacy, PMTCT, PITC) is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of English required
- Excellent facilitation skills
- Exceptional program coordination and volunteer management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluency in English
- High degree of commitment
- Willing to work independently in a multidisciplinary team.
Cover letters and resumes should be sent by mail through post/EMS/DHL/ or any reliable Courier to the Human Resources and Administration Manager, P.O. Box 6396, Mbeya or transmitted by email to; [email protected].org
NOTE: to be considered, applicants must put the TITLE OF THE JOB in the SUBJECT LINE, hand delivery applications are not accepted. Deadline for submission of the application is February 21, 2019. Those who do not meet the minimum requirements as detailed above should not submit applications.
APPLY TO: [email protected].org Before February 21, 2019.
HJFMRI is an equal opportunity employer; women are highly encouraged to apply.